TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/a...?module=inline

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 04-27-2019 at 05:18 PM..
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv:The Thread

Fuck this guy.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #3
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Sickening.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #4
happyhead

happyhead is an unknown quantity at this point

I was ready to defend him because I thought this would be about that podcast stuff. But no.....the underage sexting thing.....dear goodness.
happyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #5
yesterday'seyes
Joe

yesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to all

Fuck.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #6
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

I dont have any words..... the stuff in the podcast basically goes right in line with what is said in this article.
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #7
Tim Simmons

Its funny (not ha ha funny), but he's been exhibiting the same behavior towards fans the past few days saying Sell this tour out, or no US tour.

Its sick.

We knew he dated all these women and shit didn't work out and it ended messy. No way of knowing he did this shit though. And thats not even the worst thing in this story.

I'm glad they were brave enough to come forward and tell their story.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #8
miked331

miked331 is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said in the other thread, I'm totally sick. Terrible stuff.

First thing that pops in my head is Doylestown Girl. No matter when this song was written I immediately thought it was weird to put it on an album when it was so clearly about Megan. A lot of us saw the Instagram posts when they broke up.

It reminds me so much of how Louis CK did things. The way he towed the line in his comedy basically confirming the rumors about him. I know it's not the same thing exactly but DG just seems like Ryan putting something out there to apologize in a way he can't or even worse justify his behavior. Like "hey here's a song about how awesome you are so I can't be a total dick the right?" or Phoebe is "Bob Dylan" etc etc.

These women are brave and should be shown respect but I'm sure they will get attacked by assholes.

It just sucks, Ryan has been a huge part of my music listening life and now what?
miked331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

done. the music will never be the same, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #10
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

People are going to demand refunds for their tickets, probably why he wanted them to sell out
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #11
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Bummer.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #12
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked331 View Post

It just sucks, Ryan has been a huge part of my music listening life and now what?
Its a fair reaction/emotion to have. Lots of great music out there though.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #13
Neftzger

Neftzger will become famous soon enough

Anyone wanna sell (or just give.. for free.. because itís sick to make a quick buck off a sicko) me their rare Ryan vinyl?
Neftzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #14
whoru

whoru is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryan. Is. Fucked.
whoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #15
Tim Simmons

On the plus side, if you missed out on a splatter vinyl, I wouldn't be surprised if some pop back up in the shop.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #16
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

What do you think this means for the 3 albums?
Old 02-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #17
Tim Simmons

Won't be happening. Big Colors probably will still happen.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #18
miked331

miked331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well he just released a statement on Twitter
miked331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #19
TimbrH2001

TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough

So wait, after all these years you've finally found u can no longer compartmentalize Ryan Adams the musician from Ryan Adams the person? LOL, cmon...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #20
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked331 View Post
Well he just released a statement on Twitter
Care to post it?
Old 02-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #21
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
So wait, after all these years you've finally found u can no longer compartmentalize Ryan Adams the musician from Ryan Adams the person? LOL, cmon...

Old 02-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #22
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

I am not a perfect man and I have made many mistakes. To anyone I have ever hurt, however unintentionally, I apologize deeply and unreservedly.

But the picture that this article paints is upsettingly inaccurate. Some of its details are misrepresented; some are exaggerated; some are outright false. I
would never have inappropriate interactions with someone I though was underage. Period.

As someone who has always tried to spread joy through my music and my life, hearing that some people believe I caused them pain saddens me greatly. I am resolved to work to be the best man I can be. And I wish everyone compassion, understanding and healing.
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #23
de4d5y

de4d5y is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this was mostly going to be stuff about him being an asshole, and a lot of it was, but the whole underage texting thing is pretty fucked up if it's true.
de4d5y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #24
TimbrH2001

TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough

I smell a bunch of high horse up in hurr...

TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:04 PM   #25
Neftzger

Neftzger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
On the plus side, if you missed out on a splatter vinyl, I wouldn't be surprised if some pop back up in the shop.
Yes. The next few weeks are looking to be prime time to pick up for cheap all the rare vinyl people unload in disgust.

But in all seriousness.. Ryanís still my dude.. Seems to be an even more flawed person than Iíd thought. Just sucks all around. I hate these sorts of articles. Am I wrong?
Neftzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links