Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #1151
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

niebuhr is on a distinguished road
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv: The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
Y'all are getting a little out of hand with the speculating now lol
That's funny, I feel your side is a little eager to explain away what those around Ryan is describing as facts.

To be this much on the side of an abuser, in the face of everything, is baffling to me.
niebuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #1152
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Teenie Smith-Macbeth is on a distinguished road

Let’s just hope that Graboff has made it to a safe-house.
Teenie Smith-Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:31 PM   #1153
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebuhr View Post
That's funny, I feel your side is a little eager to explain away what those around Ryan is describing as facts.

To be this much on the side of an abuser, in the face of everything, is baffling to me.
Did we choose up sides already? I hope I didn’t get picked last AGAIN
Old 02-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #1154
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenie Smith-Macbeth View Post
Did we choose up sides already? I hope I didn’t get picked last AGAIN
It seems to be Believes he did it VS Won't believe anything.

2 sides, see?
Old 02-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #1155
loveisreal

loveisreal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Calm down. It is speculative. He said he is afraid, but dind't say of what. That is a fact. Everything else is speculation.
loveisreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #1156
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

This is going on in every group, by the looks of it. Denial and belief.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:35 PM   #1157
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisreal View Post
Calm down. It is speculative. He said he is afraid, but dind't say of what. That is a fact. Everything else is speculation.
I find it quite disheartening to see fans not believing this many women and associates coming forward.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #1158
loveisreal

To me the statement of todd sounds really like "pseudologia fantastica".
See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factit...mposed_on_self
Old 02-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #1159
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

Quote:
To me the statement of todd sounds really like "pseudologia fantastica".
See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factit...mposed_on_self
Nice trolling.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #1160
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I find it quite disheartening to see fans not believing this many women and associates coming forward.
I think there are many here who lack the empathy to care about the abuse against these women since it has no direct impact on their lives. Unfortunately, they only care about the fact that he makes music they enjoy.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #1161
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

loveisreal, it's a shame that that is all the response you can muster for Tod's post.

You seem to be stuck in a groove, but I am sure you're a sweet person in real life.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #1162
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I think there are many here who lack the empathy to care about the abuse against these women since it has no direct impact on their lives. Unfortunately, they only care about the fact that he makes music they enjoy.
True. I fear their motivation is the loss of 3 albums and a tour, and hence the outing of Ryan Adams the Monster is a conspiracy against both him and them.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #1163
sad5ack

sad5ack can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty_fresh_uk View Post
Same, I have 2 tix for London and no intention of going.

I think they are trying to figure out how to not do the gig yet avoid refunding. i.e. they wanna keep the money.
Beware of adverts stating that they want to buy these tickets as collectors items... The guy who owned Brixton Academy did something similar when they were in the situation of having to refund on tickets for Nirvana's "cancelled" 1994 UK tour...
sad5ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #1164
loveisreal

Quote:
Nice trolling.
Do you really know what you are saying?
For sure this was not meant that todd has this disorder. He described this construct of lies and that reminded me of that disorder. I know a few people suffering from that disorder and this can be really wild.

Quote:
Here as well do you really know what you are writing or do you really read the stuff? No one was saying anything regarding believing something or don't. It was just about the fact that it is unclear what todd meant by fear. What has this to do with believing what someon else said?
Old 02-18-2019, 12:48 PM   #1165
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No he just said that he didn't want to say anything because he is afraid. But he didn't say afraid of what.
But he did.

His direct quote is "I'm actively afraid for the safety of my family."

The "what" would be for the safety of his family. The question would be physical safety, financial safety, metal safety, etc.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #1166
blackmoon

blackmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Scared of Ryan Adams ? Mickey Mouse is not scared of RYRY. This indie rock stars are a bunch of pansies.
blackmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #1167
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy moore hinted that he got violet but not physically. He may be referencing that temper.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #1168
loveisreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyglass View Post
But he did.

His direct quote is "I'm actively afraid for the safety of my family."

The "what" would be for the safety of his family. The question would be physical safety, financial safety, metal safety, etc.
Yes you are right. The what is there. But that doesn't change that the circumstances are unknown. And so everything regarding them is speculation.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #1169
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Mandy moore hinted that he got violet but not physically. He may be referencing that temper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGe...ature=youtu.be
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #1170
loveisreal

Quote:
loveisreal, it's a shame that that is all the response you can muster for Tod's post.

You seem to be stuck in a groove, but I am sure you're a sweet person in real life.
I really do believe what he said. And i'm definetly not questioning it. I was just wondering what he is afraid about. And the theory with violent ryan threatening him and his family was at least to me off the scale of reasonable posibilities.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #1171
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I'm gonna guess breaking shit. I can't tell you how much shit I've broken in anger. Yeah it's fucked up, and abusive. Guess I'm just an abusive piece if shit. I've been abused too. Are these things to assassinate someone in the press? Ruin their life? Well I guess this culture if never make a mistake or you're done is where it's at. I'm really fucking agitated right now. And I have empathy. Too much. Which is actually probably why I empathize with both. What's it like living in such a black and white world you guys? Fuck
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #1172
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

A week ago I would have said that skyping his dick to a teenager was off the scale of reasonable possibilities, but here we are.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:59 PM   #1173
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

so we all agree that ryan is fucked? and that he's a huge piece of shit? and that he hasn't earned nor does he deserve attention, love, support until his actions speak louder than tweets.

i'm saying our support and energy should be pointed toward those he hurt...LIKE THE WOMEN AND FRIENDS ....
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #1174
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Quote:
It seems to be Believes he did it VS Won't believe anything.

2 sides, see?
Is there a side that thinks it’s horrendous if he was in any way having contact with an underage girl in a sexual way on line? That that is unfogiveable and he should face law enforcement if the girl and her family want to go that route.

Does that side also think that the adult women that were involved with Ryan need to be adults and not become victims to someone because he can help their career or they think that he’s cute?

Is there a side that doesn’t equate not releasing recorded music with “abuse”?

Is there a side who from day one of the Mandy Moore relationship was asking themselves, “what the fuck is she thinking”?

Is there a side that always asked themselves when ever Ryan was in a new relationship “what the hell is that woman thinking”?

Is there a side who isn’t overboard hysterical?

Is there a side who will still listen to his music and go to his shows because they have learned over and over and over again throughout their lives that musicians tend to not be people of high moral value?

That’s the side I’m on.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #1175
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
I'm gonna guess breaking shit. I can't tell you how much shit I've broken in anger. Yeah it's fucked up, and abusive. Guess I'm just an abusive piece if shit. I've been abused too. Are these things to assassinate someone in the press? Ruin their life?
when you're a public figure who relies on the public for money, yes. The public should know.

Quote:
Well I guess this culture if never make a mistake or you're done is where it's at. I'm really fucking agitated right now. And I have empathy. Too much. Which is actually probably why I empathize with both. What's it like living in such a black and white world you guys? Fuck
Relax. Its not black and white, but the way things have been for centuries is if you make a mistake, theres a price to pay. We are now in a new era where abuse won't be tolerated, especially by people who have power and exploit it to manipulate people who don't have it.
Sponsored Links