TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion > Tour Discussion > Archive > 2008
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Target Center - Minneapolis, MN (December 10, 2008)

Old 12-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #26
bcart
Suburban gangster flow

bcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to all
Re: Target Center - Minneapolis, MN (December 10, 2008)

I like Natural Ghost. It's gotten a lot better over this tour and really has a nice edge now. I also like a lot of the other lines in that song. To each his/her own I guess.
bcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #27
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

An interesting snippet of a review...I thought the talking/no talking bit was interesting anyway

Quote:
The transition from Costa to Ryan Adams literally took three minutes. I've yet to see turnaround like that anywhere. Adams and The Cardinals worked from a set list almost entirely comprised of tracks from their last two albums, Cardinology and Easy Tiger. The only Adams standards that they played were "When The Stars Go Blue" and "Let It Ride," with it's gorgeous build, off of 2005's Cold Roses. The warmth and crisp production on those two records were, however, re-imagined into thumping rock and roll arena tracks last night, blasting through the speakers and attendee's eardrums. The set itself ended on an intense note, with the Cardinology track "Magick."

This set was integral in renewing my own personal love affair with Ryan Adams that has waivered more than slightly in the past years. However, his set could have greatly benefitted from selecting some of his perfect, older songs from that gigantic Ryan Adams catalog he has. Also, that tight-lipped, barely talking to the crowd jive that the Twin Cities also saw when Adams played the Cedar last year needs to stop. It's just plain ridiculous to go from talking incessantly to barely speaking at all. If only there was a balance.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #28
Trentcaster
The beatnik mathematician

Trentcaster will become famous soon enough

I'm a little disappointed that he didn't say a word... On the other hand, I suppose that's better then him opening his mouth and possibly leading to new Twin Cities meltdown.
Trentcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links