TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion > Tour Discussion > Archive > 2008
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Alpharetta, GA (October 17, 2008)

Old 10-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #76
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Alpharetta, GA (October 17, 2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Thanks for the setlists and recordings. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to hear this awesome show.
hee

Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #77
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ryan Adams in Alpharetta: Gone in 60 minutes (or less)

Ryan Adams’ Friday night concert at Alpharetta’s new Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park turned out to be a sweet illusion.

Performing with his band, the Cardinals, Adams sang about a dozen songs including “Everybody Knows,” and his cover of Oasis’ “Wonderwall.”

But an hour or maybe even less into the show Adams, who had been complaining he was losing his voice, abruptly ended the performance, uttering his apologies on the way out.

At first, the crowd seemed stunned, like maybe this was another of Adams’ antics. Then the lights came on. Encore staffers seemed flummoxed, and the poor roadies endured the brunt of the crowd’s booing, as they packed up the band’s gear.

But while disappointed, the audience didn’t get out of hand. (This was Alpharetta, remember. How rowdy could things get?)

Actualy, the truncated show elicited some droll remarks we overheard on the way out.

“He’s back there playing Guitar Hero on the Wii,” one patron hypothesized.

“There goes Ryan Adams’ voice,” another mused, as a tow truck lumbered by in the parking lot.

I’m told by an eyewitness that at least one male audience member experienced a violent bout of dyspepsia after the show.

“That guy’s so disgusted he’s puking!” one men’s room pundit suggested.

(I’m guessing that late bit of unpleasantness was unrelated.)

One girl lamented to a friend that if the sudden cancellation had occurred in town, they could at least hit some bars.

“We’re in Alpharetta,” she said. “Want to go to Chili’s, or Ruby Tuesday?”

Ouch.

A few people lined up outside the box office to see about refunds, but came away with forms to fill out. It seems if any refunds are to be offered, they should come from the artist. It’s not the venue’s fault Adams decided to call it quits.

I’ll look into that next week.

Were you there? Are you disappointed? Will you seek a refund?

And does anyone want this stupid T-shirt I bought?
http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/c...dams_call.html
Old 10-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #78
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Since this will probably be deleted over at RAA before long....

Quote:
ust got back from my weekend Atlanta trip. I have to add my 2 cents.

Those 13 songs I heard were amazing - the sound quality was unreal, Ryan's voice was great, Spacewolf did some AWESOME backup singing, Wonderwall was killer, the crowd and venue were solid, I got Brad's drum stick (woo-hoo!)

On a redundant note, I took off work, drove 7 hours to ATL, got stuck in a rainstorm traffic jam, did the hotel thing, blah blah blah.

I'm grateful that I heard what I did and at least got some LIVE Cardinal jammage before the new album dropped... BUT dammit shitballs, what a disappointment. If they can make it up to us by a re-scheduled date, I would respect that. But to end the tour in such a way and flake mid-show - it could've definitely been handled better. (still love the cards though)
Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #79
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

And again, just for the record... ..posted on alt-country. I read her posts and I would agree with her assessment of what she said.

Quote:
I got banned on RAA for saying that I thought the Ryan Adams Atlanta, Ga. show was bad. I didn't use expletives, I didn't attack people, but I got banned non-the-less. What is up with these people? Ryan Adams apologist fanboys?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #80
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
And 99% of the honest, uncensored fanbase discussion about RA and the Cardinals comes from here or alt-country. So it all seems to work out well really...
Burned.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #81
Sawyer

Sawyer has a spectacular aura about

Well, back on topic somewhat....his new blog posting seems he doesn't have any intention on coming back (based on the volume of reaction) or doing any make up.

shit.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #82
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBE5 View Post
Well, back on topic somewhat....his new blog posting seems he doesn't have any intention on coming back (based on the volume of reaction) or doing any make up.

shit.
It would seem so. Although, who knows. Ryan changes his mind constantly.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #83
Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
It would seem so. Although, who knows. Ryan changes his mind constantly.
I would hope so after this performance which I found the full version of for all to see....even though the audio isn't ace, you get the idea of how great this was.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #84
themassesareasses

themassesareasses is an unknown quantity at this point

I got this email yesterday.

Thanks for your patience! We are working on a make-up show that will be held in March and will be free for VWA Ryan Adams ticket holders. Everyone should continue to hold onto their tickets pending more details.

Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:51 PM
To: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Information
Subject: Website Comments/Questions
Edit/Delete Message
themassesareasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #85
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

thanks for sharing the info, themassesareasses, and welcome

just read this from a poster on RAA, corroborating the info the venue emailed to themassesareasses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageetah
Yeah, I got a phone call about that (since I called the box office complaining), and they said the same thing! March! So it must be the real deal. They also said that since it will be cold still, they are going to move it to an indoor venue and admission is free with your old ticket. So hang on to them and keep your fingers crossed for the Tabernacle!

This makes me feel so much better. I know he's had a bad rep for this stuff in the past, so it's nice to know that he's really turned it around.

Chris

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #86
Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
thanks for sharing the info, themassesareasses, and welcome

just read this from a poster on RAA, corroborating the info the venue emailed to themassesareasses:

Originally Posted by Mageetah
Yeah, I got a phone call about that (since I called the box office complaining), and they said the same thing! March! So it must be the real deal. They also said that since it will be cold still, they are going to move it to an indoor venue and admission is free with your old ticket. So hang on to them and keep your fingers crossed for the Tabernacle!

This makes me feel so much better. I know he's had a bad rep for this stuff in the past, so it's nice to know that he's really turned it around.

Chris

Thanks for the info.....but the Tabernacle?!. WTF! DOWNGRADE. I had really great seats to see Ryan, everything was great and relaxed, and now for the make-up, I have to trade them in for a general admission, first come first serve, all in the pool scenario........"?"

I say, on the basis of Brad's...."we owe you big time" ......play 1 concert at VWA....and then play another downtown.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #87
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future
Re: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Alpharetta, GA (October 17, 2008)

wow, props to the boys for rescheduling the Atlanta show that got cut short!
March 20, 2009 at Fox Theatre
http://vzwamp.com/default.asp?verizon=168&objId=66

Quote:
Friday, Nov 21, 2008
Cardinals New Concert Ticket Exchange

If you purchased a ticket to the Cardinals concert on October 17, 2008 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, a SPECIAL OFFER has been extended to you. You are eligible to receive a gratis ticket(s) to attend their recently scheduled concert on FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2009 at the FOX THEATRE.

HOW TO GET YOUR GRATIS TICKET(S)

Drop off your ticket(s) from the October 17, 2008 Cardinals concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre to one of the locations highlighted below and exchange them for tickets to the March 20, 2009 concert.

EXCHANGE IN PERSON OR MAIL TICKETS
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

c/o Cardinals Tickets
2200 Encore Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30009

EXCHANGE IN PERSON
Fox Theatre

Box Office
660 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30308

DEADLINE AND DETAILS FOR TRANSACTION

The deadline to complete the transaction and receive the gratis ticket(s) is Friday, January 9, 2009 at 5:00pm.

Single tickets for the March 20 concert will go on sale to the general public after the deadline. Your gratis ticket(s) exchange will not be available, or honored, after January 9, 2009. The offer is only available for paid tickets from the Cardinals concert that was held on October 17, 2008 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta.

BOX OFFICE HOURS
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Box Office

Monday, November 24 – Wednesday, November 26
(M-W, Noon-4pm)
Monday, December 1 – Friday, December 19
(M-F, Noon-4pm)
Monday, January 5 – Friday, January 9
(M-F, Noon-4pm)

Fox Theatre Box Office

Monday, November 24 – Friday, January 9
(M-F, 10am-6pm / Sat, 10am-3pm / Closed Sundays)

DEADLINE FOR MAIL EXCHANGE

If you choose to snail mail your tickets directly to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Box Office for your exchange, the envelope must be postmarked by Friday, January 9, 2009. Please provide a return mailing address.

All tickets for the Fox Theatre concert will be placed in the mail by Monday, January 12, 2009. It is recommended that you make a photocopy of your ticket(s) prior to mailing.

Please call 404.733.5012 with questions.

For more information about the Fox Theatre, please visit www.foxtheatre.org

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #88
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like that solves the problem
Old 12-11-2008, 10:58 PM   #89
Sawyer

I want to see Ryan dressed up as a knight and go Medieval Times on the theater, climaxing with a jam session on top of that faux castle tower, ending with Ryan and Spacewolf sword fighting on the bridge.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #90
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

So I'm mailing in my tickets. Has anyone else exchanged their tickets? Did you get good seats? I had pretty good ones for the other show. I hope these are at least in the same neighborhood.
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #91
La Cienega
la la la la la

deadline for ticket exchange is Friday Jan 9th.

last.fm
Old 01-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #92
La Cienega
la la la la la

according to the Fox Theatre box office, new tickets for the make-up show go on sale 1/30.

last.fm
Sponsored Links