TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion > Tour Discussion > Archive > 2008
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Leeds Academy, Leeds, UK (Nov 13, 2008)

Old 11-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Leeds Academy, Leeds, UK (Nov 13, 2008)

SETLIST:

20:21 ON

1. Cobwebs
2. Sink Ships
3. Everybody Knows
4. Fix It
5. Crossed Out Name
6. Born Into A Light
7. Wonderwall
8. I Taught Myself How To Grow Old
9. Come Pick Me Up
10. When The Stars Go Blue
11. Grand Island

Band intros

12. Natural Ghost
13. Goodnight Rose
14. Off Broadway
15. Two
16. Evergreen

21:40 Break

22:00 ON

17. A Kiss Before I Go
18. The End
19. Cold Roses
20. Please Do Not Let Me Go
21. Freeway To The Canyon
22. How Do You Keep Love Alive?
23. Stop
24. Rescue Blues

Banter "Neal has game"

25. Games
26. Go Easy
27. Mockingbird Sing
28. Let It Ride
29. Desire

23:03 OF

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 11-13-2008 at 08:04 PM..
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold
Re: Leeds Academy, Leeds, UK (Nov 13, 2008)

Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

For your sake Rosie, I hope the show was horrible.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Okay...show's half way done..
Old 11-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Island
Old 11-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
For your sake Rosie, I hope the show was horrible.
thanks hilde although a part of me hopes it was good for my friends' sake.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't know your friends, and I'm sure they're wonderful people, but I was still hoping for a bad show.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

- friend.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
dwight

dwight is on a distinguished road

Hate to say it, but it looks like a monster show setwise, at least. The End, Games, How Do You Keep Love Alive, Evergreen... And they were apparently playing the 7-inch tracks at soundcheck.
dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

29 songs, hard to complain about that.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Too short.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
dwight

dwight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
Too short.
Yeah, but they got two Neal songs. I think that makes up for the fact they didn't get 3 hours.
dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #13
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Any show under 3 hours = refund and make-up show.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:57 AM   #14
Benji

Benji is on a distinguished road

The show was fucking magic from start to finish - I stood just in front of the sound desk and they hit the Mark from Cobwebs and it just got better and better and better.

Ryan Adams was really quiet for the 1st set but you could tell immediately the rest of the band were loving it. In the 2nd set they was a lot more joking, laughing and talking including:

Ryan "I have to say that your Christmas lights in town are the most psychedelic I've ever seen. If you look straight up and spin around 47 times its the equivalent of tripping. Dont try that home with your christmas lights unless of course you like tripping then feel free to do that"

Neal "Leeds I have to say You people are really cool"

Ryan "You see...thats why Neal is so much better equipped for Rock and Roll than me. I babble some shit about christmas lights and how I'm completely dumpable and can't do relationships and he comes out with that"

We then got a Spacewolf solo in which the band made the entire crowd count down from 4 (no idea why 4) and Chris Feinstein let out some long flanged distorted bass chord/note and held both arms aloft Spinal Tap style for about 10 seconds while the band and crowd clapped then Ryan said "Yeah..Im not sure that was worth it"

If it wasnt a 11pm curfew I'm pretty sure they would have gone on - you could just tell by the mood. They left happy and appreciative. The crowd was the best I've been in for a Ryan gig - only 1 or 2 silly yells and everyone was pretty much silent and genuninely listening to all tracks (fromm Heartbreaker to Cardinology)

By far the best sounding, looking and feeling Ive ever seen him with or without the Cardinals and we got a set to match

You may tell from this that I enjoyed myself last night
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #15
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for sharing, it sounds like it was awesome! Glad you had a good time.

The Christmas lights story =
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #16
Jemima

Jemima will become famous soon enough

That sounds like a cracker of a show!
I love the random things Ryan comments on. I remember the first time I saw him (in London) he talked about how much he liked Chocolate Digestive biscuits!
Jemima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #17
Libertine4Life
Dig Out Your Soul

Libertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
I love the random things Ryan comments on. I remember the first time I saw him (in London) he talked about how much he liked Chocolate Digestive biscuits!
I hope Roxy reads this
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #18
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine4Life View Post
I hope Roxy reads this

Something called a chocolate digestive biscuit just does not sound appetizing to me
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #19
Jemima

Jemima will become famous soon enough

Trust me, chocolate digestives are the best! Kind of a thin round wheat cookie with chocolate on one side. Sorry, I forgot that biscuits for me are cookies for most other people in the world
Jemima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

I missed a good show - but I'm still glad it was good.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #21
Jake_Wightman

Jake_Wightman is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at this gig, right at the front and I thought it was amazing.
Brilliant opener with cobwebs but it just became awesome when he played some of his JCN and cold roses stuff. I didn't expect them to play that but they did and really made my night. I saw him last year in Glasgow and the band, crowd, set seemed so much more enthusiastic! Neals songs were awesome aswell, and I swear he made eyecontact with me
Jake_Wightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #22
Jake_Wightman

Jake_Wightman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
First time I saw him he was talking about cavemen, and pottery barn before he realised no one in England had a clue what pottery barn was !
On thursday he said "Get ready for this epic spacewolf bass solo and seriously if it rips a hole in reality, not my fault"
Jake_Wightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links