FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 02-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #1276
Hooper

Hooper will become famous soon enough
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv:The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlPK View Post
It's an analogy, not a claim of identical similarity.

Then again RA IS a talented musical artist -- Mandy, not so much.
I only know here from Tangled, and she knocks it out of the park in that. Wonderful voice acting, too.

That Ryan tried to steer - or rather, spike - her musical direction and repeatedly told her she wasn't a 'real musician' shows a pathetic insecurity.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:23 PM   #1277
Jonesy

Jonesy is on a distinguished road
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv: The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebuhr View Post
Of course Tod is afraid that Ryan will harm him and his family physically. That's exactly what he writes.
Or maybe he's afraid of some of the psycho fans that are defending him in spite of all we now know?
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #1278
Jonesy

Jonesy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by viachicago View Post
Iíve been a lurker for at least 10 years or so, but I didnít see anyone saying it, so I went ahead and created a login to say:

In light of everything, the name of this forum is a reeeeally unfortunate one now...

(Thatís all I got.)
Took the words out of my mouth dude
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #1279
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Marshall Vore: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCwx_Uh9El/

"i met Ryan Adams in 2010. i have so much to say about this but i’ll keep it short. everything everyone is saying is true. i saw a lot of it and believed the weird web of lies he would tell. after a while a lot of them i just knew weren’t true and yet i did nothing. for a long time i said nothing. i’ll never make that mistake again. this guy has been a huge lesson in my life about how not to treat people. the last two years of my life playing with phoebe has proved that this isn’t how music is, and that music is actually filled with good people who care about each other. if you have a situation you’re not sure about or someone is promising you things or pressuring you, please feel free to reach out. i live on IG. also, I’m incredibly proud of the people who are brave enough to tell their stories in public. it’s a hard thing to do and it’s truly making a difference. i love you guys, man"
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:41 PM   #1280
blackmoon

blackmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

People keep mentioning his childhood. What was so fucked up about it other than his dad leaving and being raised by his grandparents?
blackmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #1281
hi_there

hi_there has a spectacular aura abouthi_there has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post

"i met Ryan Adams in 2010. i have so much to say about this but iíll keep it short. everything everyone is saying is true. i saw a lot of it and believed the weird web of lies he would tell. after a while a lot of them i just knew werenít true and yet i did nothing. for a long time i said nothing. iíll never make that mistake again. this guy has been a huge lesson in my life about how not to treat people. the last two years of my life playing with phoebe has proved that this isnít how music is, and that music is actually filled with good people who care about each other. if you have a situation youíre not sure about or someone is promising you things or pressuring you, please feel free to reach out. i live on IG. also, Iím incredibly proud of the people who are brave enough to tell their stories in public. itís a hard thing to do and itís truly making a difference. i love you guys, man"

the young'uns are better at this. both marshall and phoebe gettin' it done.
hi_there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #1282
shamooth
These Mad Dogs of Glory

shamooth has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post

"i met Ryan Adams in 2010. i have so much to say about this but iíll keep it short. everything everyone is saying is true. i saw a lot of it and believed the weird web of lies he would tell. after a while a lot of them i just knew werenít true and yet i did nothing. for a long time i said nothing. iíll never make that mistake again. this guy has been a huge lesson in my life about how not to treat people. the last two years of my life playing with phoebe has proved that this isnít how music is, and that music is actually filled with good people who care about each other. if you have a situation youíre not sure about or someone is promising you things or pressuring you, please feel free to reach out. i live on IG. also, Iím incredibly proud of the people who are brave enough to tell their stories in public. itís a hard thing to do and itís truly making a difference. i love you guys, man"
you did and said nothing because you thought you hit the lotto. fuck you and tod too. cunts
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #1283
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

No parents, grandparents from another generation. It’s a broken home. Even with loving caregivers, it’s gonna fuck kids up.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #1284
KarlPK

KarlPK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv:The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutineer View Post
Maybe you're right, but don't you think it's weird that he felt the need to tell her that repeatedly when she was his wife?
It is indeed weird, because he is a very weird person, and weird to the point of being an ongoing asshole...but we all knew that.

In the socio-sexual hierarchy, Adams is of a type -- the warped BETA who thinks that getting girls requires him to offer them something OTHER than sex, and then gets pissed off when that offer doesn't lead to sex.

Think about the alpha rock stars who have likely bedded tons of women...say Mick Jagger, Van Halen, Gene Simmons. These guys are total alphas and it's using the power and fame in ways that make the girl VERY comfortable.

Ryan could have any woman he wanted, almost, if he wasn't such a fucking dork. But a dork he is, and the dorkiness gets warped into the stupid power trips and, alas, a kind of pedophilia.
KarlPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #1285
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Teenie Smith-Macbeth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaGal View Post
THIS. x1000
#THISX1000000000
Teenie Smith-Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #1286
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Or maybe he's afraid of some of the psycho fans that are defending him in spite of all we now know?
Then he should get a grip.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #1287
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

We are in a different time than the 70s (of Miles, Lennon, Zeppelin, and Zevon). His music won't age well. People are gonna be more cognizant of his transgressions and future generations will be less tolerant.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #1288
shamooth
These Mad Dogs of Glory

shamooth has a spectacular aura about

all of these allegations will have no affect on his music for me. i will still listen to cold roses, jcn, 29, gold, etc with the same love as i've always had. i can easily separate the artist from how i interpret the songs. i get it he's a dick to his friends and girlfriends, if the underage stuff is true, than thats fucked, even if it's true i'll still listen.

Last edited by shamooth; 02-18-2019 at 08:03 PM..
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #1289
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamooth View Post
all of these allegations will have no affect on his music for me. i will still listen to cold roses, jcn, 29, gold, etc with the same love as i've always had. i can easily separate the artist from how i interperat the songs. i get it he's a dick to his friends and girlfriends, if the underage stuff is true, than thats fucked, even if it's true i'll still listen.
Couldn't agree more.
BigColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #1290
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
We are in a different time than the 70s (of Miles, Lennon, Zeppelin, and Zevon). His music won't age well. People are gonna be more cognizant of his transgressions and future generations will be less tolerant.
Things go back and forth. I think it's far from a guarantee that we are moving toward some sort of hyper enlightenment as people, as people seem to think. I don't know that are attitudes about women are truly evolving. I think in many ways, we're regressing to a weird quasi-Victorianism as it pertains to sex and women. And, as is our wont, are situating professional success above all else in the scheme of supposed happiness. But that's a different debate. Even objectively positive steps forward often take detours over time. Look at our backslide as it pertains to race over the course of the past 10 years.

I also think that you may well be underestimating the role mental health awareness will play into future assessments. Mental health awareness - particularly for men - is something that will have to be reckoned eventually, but has been completely overlooked in favor of regressive notions like "manning up" and "getting your shit together" for too long. Despite our lip service to mental health awareness, we still apply very outmoded perceptions of masculinity to these conversations. We expect men to fix themselves, but there are still huge taboos around men acknowledging issues like depression, anxiety - or certainly worse. We still promote, in both our stories and personal lives, the notion that the ideal man as someone who is in control, strong and emotionally finished. Men do not feel comfortable identifying as bipolar or borderline or depressed because it means they're less masculine and feel they require support rather than being a source of it. This leads to many of them hiding, avoiding, or trying to fake it. But it doesn't fix the problem. For all the talk about gender specific thinking damaging women, this is one area in which society has failed men immensely. And, unfortunately, we the consequences of it every single day.

It's very possible that, in the next twenty or thirty years, significant steps will be taken in awareness, treatment and acceptance of mental health for men and that we will look back on people like Ryan with a weird sympathy. Like chimps who were set free with a gun in a crowded park and were then reprimanded for killing people.

Last edited by SonofabitchVanOwen; 02-18-2019 at 08:07 PM..
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:24 PM   #1291
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

I'm surprised there hasn't been a stakeout at Pax-Am yet. I wonder how long he'll be able to keep it.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #1292
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Rob, why did you close that thread down?
Old 02-18-2019, 09:03 PM   #1293
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Rob, why did you close that thread down?
The album has been cancelled. No need to drool over a leak here.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #1294
hi_there

hi_there has a spectacular aura abouthi_there has a spectacular aura about

Thank you.
hi_there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:13 PM   #1295
costa

costa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
No parents, grandparents from another generation. Itís a broken home. Even with loving caregivers, itís gonna fuck kids up.
I found it odd that Ryan's brother was terminally ill, but Ryan said the last time he saw him was at the Carnegie Hall show. So thats two plus years between seeing his brother, who was apparently in poor health.
costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #1296
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough

Random Q for Rob.

Have you ever coordinated with Ryan in the past or anything like that since you're the OG of OG's?

Do you know if he has come on here at all?
BigColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 PM   #1297
Pound4ABrown
Customizable

Pound4ABrown can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebuhr View Post
It seems to be Believes he did it VS Won't believe anything.

2 sides, see?
You appear to believe in a black and white world. I think it is rather gray.
Pound4ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:28 PM   #1298
BHowe2

BHowe2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by costa View Post
I found it odd that Ryan's brother was terminally ill, but Ryan said the last time he saw him was at the Carnegie Hall show. So thats two plus years between seeing his brother, who was apparently in poor health.

With Carrie Hamilton, many relationships , his brothers death etc, it seems that he paints it to the public / in a song for sympathy and positive attention. A true sociopath at work. If you truly cared wouldnít you of checked in to see how he was??
BHowe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #1299
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigColors View Post
Random Q for Rob.

Have you ever coordinated with Ryan in the past or anything like that since you're the OG of OG's?

Oh, you're new here
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #1300
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigColors View Post
Random Q for Rob.

ďcoordinatedĒ?
Sponsored Links