TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Music Game

Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of
Music Game

someone posted this on their facebook, but it seems fun.

Music Game!

Step 1: Put your iTunes or equivalent on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 10 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Everyone guesses the song titles and posts them in the thread.

Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.
Original poster bolds out the songs when someone guesses correctly. (not sure this works here, you can't edit after a while, can you? or did that change?)

i suppose when one list is finished the next person can go.

Last edited by ferris wheel junkie; 01-08-2009 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: changed to 10 to make it quicker
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
ferris wheel junkie

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of
Re: Music Game

1. and i cry, and no one can hear, in hell... Mag Mountain
2. you come to tell me something you say i ought to know - bot
3. she sends me blue valentines all the way from philidelphia - clewis
4. I can't be satisfied with a piece of your love, i've got to have it all
5. yo, doctor, how 'bout the cadillac i'm so focused somethingsomething smoke something cateracts
6. it might've been a while since you've been loved like you should be loved
7. how can he take you in his arms and help you to be free then leave you forgotten
8. sleeping is giving in, no matter what the time is - lukin
9. don't recognise my face (everybody knows your game)
10. Baby, black black black is all you see -roxy and la c

(it might be helpful to note that some of this is not my music, but from my cousin who is trying to give me an education in soul and jazz and hip hop.)

Last edited by ferris wheel junkie; 01-10-2009 at 11:17 PM..
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris wheel junkie View Post
8. sleeping is giving in, no matter what the time is
Rebellion (Lies) by Arcade Fire!

Great song.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

This sounds like fun but I don't know any of those songs, I don't think.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
ferris wheel junkie

yeah, there are a couple there that might be obscure to tbyers, but i did it honestly on shuffle. i don't have my own collection fully transferred to this computer yet, so a large portion of it is that cousin's stuff.

so if those more obscure ones don't get revealed after a while we can just go on to the next person.

and the one with the somethingsomething bits in it is just a line i didn't fully get the words of, but if someone knows the song, they'll probably get it. maybe no one will know the song though. it's hip hop, if you can't guess.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
Blindtiger

Blindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of light

I think this would be a fun game, if I knew any of the songs!

I can't believe no one here knows any of the others though. You must really be hitting on some obscure stuff!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

ferris - glad to see you cut it from 30 down to 10. I saw some people doing this on facebook and was thinking how long it'd take me to shuffle through 30 songs and transcribe the first line from them all!

in other news, I don't recognize any of those songs

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe it should be even less, like 5 songs? Esp. if some of it is more obscure and it's going to take a while to guess.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Nothing in my itunes is obscure. Now I am uncool. But, at least my shuffle game will be complete quickly.

P.S. I have no idea. When Wok did his on facebook I recognized a bunch, but so did everyone else. Although, I did get a Steely Dan song. I was ultra proud of myself. That was off topic, but Yay! I am excited, I want to play!
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

3. Tom Waits - Blue Valentines

?
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

I have no idea on any of them. Failure.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #12
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

I think number two is a Grateful Dead song, but I don't know what it is called. Does that count?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Can I do one? I already have them transcribed, and everything.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
ferris wheel junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clewis View Post
3. Tom Waits - Blue Valentines

?
yes!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
ferris wheel junkie

ones people here should/might get include, one by cat power, one by hole, one by laura veirs, one by cowboy junkies (or at least, my version is by them, it could be a cover, i don't know)
the rap one is by d'angelo. i'd be imrpessed if someone got that.
the others are more obscure soul ones.

maybe when 5 are solved, someone else can do one.

Last edited by ferris wheel junkie; 01-09-2009 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: more info
Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
robotulism
lamest gamer

Fine, then #2 is someone else doing a song that the Grateful Dead did/covered(?) that, judging by the chorus, is called "you ain't woman enough to take my man."

If not, then there is more than one song that starts that way.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #17
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

I think I've got one...

#1 is Northern Star, by Hole?

I like that song.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #18
ferris wheel junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
Fine, then #2 is someone else doing a song that the Grateful Dead did/covered(?) that, judging by the chorus, is called "you ain't woman enough to take my man."

If not, then there is more than one song that starts that way.
yay!
i didn't know that GD covered that, but you got it. the one i got is a woman called june edwards. but that's the title.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris wheel junkie View Post
yay!
i didn't know that GD covered that, but you got it. the one i got is a woman called june edwards. but that's the title.
Damn it! I should've known that one. It was originally a Loretta Lynn song, and I listen to her all the time.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 AM   #20
ferris wheel junkie

i'm so sad that no one got the cat power one yet...

anyway, one more then we can go to the next person.

i think we should keep doing it this way, ten songs, but you only have to guess five, that way we can keep it moving faster.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #21
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

I feel like I should know the Cat Power. I think it's the last one but I can't remember the name of the song, but it's on 'You Are Free'.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #22
ferris wheel junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post
I feel like I should know the Cat Power. I think it's the last one but I can't remember the name of the song, but it's on 'You Are Free'.
yep.
and half of the title is in the first line. that's a clue.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #23
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Babydoll.
does that mean I get to go next?
F it, I'm going next... brb

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
Old 01-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #24
ferris wheel junkie

yay!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #25
La Cienega
la la la la la

1. I'm goin' to San Bernadino, ring-a-ding-ding
2. Travelin' light when the wind is getting heavy (Hilde) Matt Mays & El Torpedo - Wicked Come Winter
3. Every step of the way, we walk the line (Msquared) Bob Dylan - Mississippi
4. Sad days, don't give a damn anymore about sad days (fwj) Ryan Adams - God Bless the Week (You Go Away)
5. I took the 405 and drilled a stake down into your center (clewis) Death Cab For Cutie - 405
6. I've tried but I couldn't find any warning of you dear
7. Wasting time, home alone, dotting your i's
8. Lord help the sinner man (fwj) Cat Power - Lord Help The Poor & Needy
9. It's gangsta nigga
10. I don't buy your true life stories

last.fm

Last edited by La Cienega; 01-12-2009 at 12:12 PM..
Sponsored Links

Tags
cool people only, do a line, fun with lyrics, game, jason mraz, lyrics, rmg fails, rob hearts muscle men, rob is a show-off, tby staple thread