TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

2019 Album Trilogy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2019, 02:36 AM   #851
dmorgan1
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 78
dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Do we know for certain the album had been pressed? I hear a lot of people saying the vinyl is sitting somewhere in warehouses. Is this confirmed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:01 AM   #852
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

How about they just put it out and not promote it? Make it an under the radar release for whatever remains from his fanbase?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:28 AM   #853
Knotnow
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 139
Knotnow is on a distinguished road
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

I saw someone post that their pre-order from Best Buy the other day was just cancelled... figured as much. Guessing these were automatically set to list at a certain time and somehow still listed by accident. Still doesnít explain why the single disappeared and came back though.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #854
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!
 
GoodSkanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,933
GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

I think historically, there's been instances where the record company has destroyed remaining stock (misprint releases). They'd lose some money, but not as much as you'd think and it's a clean slate. I doubt you'll see any warehouse copies unless some literally steals them from the site. I suspect if anything is even printed, they're not going to quietly sell it. Very unlikely. If Ryan goes totally undistributed with Pax*am, he'll print or reprint the records.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:24 AM   #855
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
I think historically, there's been instances where the record company has destroyed remaining stock (misprint releases). They'd lose some money, but not as much as you'd think and it's a clean slate. I doubt you'll see any warehouse copies unless some literally steals them from the site. I suspect if anything is even printed, they're not going to quietly sell it. Very unlikely. If Ryan goes totally undistributed with Pax*am, he'll print or reprint the records.
Waste of landfill space. Put out whatever the heck u already made and stick it on a shelf for sale IMO. Charles Manson has LPs for sale at places like Amoeba. I'm sorry but Ryan isn't anywhere near that level of immoral.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #856
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords
 
JackStark211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 15,555
JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
Waste of landfill space. Put out whatever the heck u already made and stick it on a shelf for sale IMO. Charles Manson has LPs for sale at places like Amoeba. I'm sorry but Ryan isn't anywhere near that level of immoral.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Charles Manson is on Amazon for fucks sake.
__________________
malicious fecal distribution
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #857
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Charles Manson is on Amazon for fucks sake.
Apparently it's ok to be the Mastermind behind murdering people and attempting to assassinate the president but god forbid you're a controlling jerk to your wife

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #858
Tim Simmons
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,133
Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

They aren’t releasing it because it’s too soon and the last thing a label wants is outrage directed towards them. Big companies like money. So does Ryan. It will be out at some point and people can buy Manson and Adams albums.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:11 PM   #859
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords
 
JackStark211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 15,555
JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
They arenít releasing it because itís too soon and the last thing a label wants is outrage directed towards them. Big companies like money. So does Ryan. It will be out at some point and people can buy Manson and Adams albums.
And Motley Crue & Michael Jackson.
__________________
malicious fecal distribution
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #860
fr79
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 409
fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

No way this album is coming out yet. Like others Im pretty sure I will buy it when/ if it does come out just because the music has been a part of my life.

Im not defending him re the allegations but personally I dont want this to be how the Ryan Adams story ends. I want a new chapter.
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:17 PM   #861
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Can I set an arbitrary end date to when we're all not supposed care anymore and this album is allowed to be released? How does June 13, 2019 sound? Is that enough time or do I need to add some more days?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #862
folkjam
 
folkjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 345
folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

I appreciate that you've dropped the "media isn't telling the whole story" bit and just openly acknowledge that you don't care. You still sound ill, though.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:46 PM   #863
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
I appreciate that you've dropped the "media isn't telling the whole story" bit and just openly acknowledge that you don't care. You still sound ill, though.
That 'bit' hasn't faded from my way of thinking one 'bit'. I don't blindly trust when u have it in your power to prove you're trustworthy and choose to refrain from doing so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #864
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Just like some people have a problem with the Mueller Report 'Summary' because they feel they should get access to the entire document before forming any final opinions on the investigation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:23 PM   #865
fr79
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 409
fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

The newspaper piece was terribly written. It didnt have enough proper information in my opinion.

The whole, he owns a label and studio comment to suggest how powerful he was, was ridiculous. Since he only released his own music and a few friends, Paxam is not much more than a name. As for the studio, its not exactly a business, a couple of small rooms with vintage equipment used for demos and jams/ rehearsals. Not unusual for any band these days.
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #866
folkjam
 
folkjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 345
folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
Just like some people have a problem with the Mueller Report 'Summary' because they feel they should get access to the entire document before forming any final opinions on the investigation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
One is an investigation regarding the President of America being compromised by a foreign agent, the other is sexual texts involving a minor. Yeah, totally the same thing.

It's cool, though. You've already said you just don't care and have prioritized hearing new music.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #867
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr79 View Post
The newspaper piece was terribly written. It didnt have enough proper information in my opinion.



The whole, he owns a label and studio comment to suggest how powerful he was, was ridiculous. Since he only released his own music and a few friends, Paxam is not much more than a name. As for the studio, its not exactly a business, a couple of small rooms with vintage equipment used for demos and jams/ rehearsals. Not unusual for any band these days.
I don't need some fn journalist op-ed, just show me the damn facts

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #868
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
One is in investigation regarding the President of America being compromised by a foreign agent, the other is sexual texts involving a minor. Yeah, totally the same thing.



It's cool, though. You've already said you just don't care and have prioritized hearing new music.
Ahh, so it's ok to pick and choose when it's ok to trust a report and when it's not as long as it's got the backing of SJW Tweets... Gotcha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #869
folkjam
 
folkjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 345
folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Total swing and miss. You don't seem to grasp that a log of A MINOR sending sexual messages isn't the same as a governmental report.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:39 PM   #870
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Total swing and miss. You don't seem to grasp that a log of A MINOR sending sexual messages isn't the same as a governmental report.
Wrong. I understand the difference, you're not seeming to grasp the underlying reasoning behind what I'm saying which is that both require a matter of trust to be believed because we were not presented all the evidence in either 'summary'.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #871
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

And I'm simply pointing the hypocrisy that would be needed for an individual to trust one summary and not the other...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:48 PM   #872
folkjam
 
folkjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 345
folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Nah, you're not understanding why one would be more protected than the other. No one is going to publish texts where a minor is being sexually explicit, and it isn't a matter of national security handled by people with conflicts of interest.

You just equated the New York Times with the Department of Justice. Stop it.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:11 PM   #873
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Nah, you're not understanding why one would be more protected than the other. No one is going to publish texts where a minor is being sexually explicit, and it isn't a matter of national security handled by people with conflicts of interest.



You just equated the New York Times with the Department of Justice. Stop it.
I trust both of those corporate owned institutions about as far as I can throw em. Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:29 PM   #874
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!
 
GoodSkanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,933
GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
Waste of landfill space. Put out whatever the heck u already made and stick it on a shelf for sale IMO. Charles Manson has LPs for sale at places like Amoeba. I'm sorry but Ryan isn't anywhere near that level of immoral.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'm not necessarily agreeing with the album not being put out there. At this point it's way more about Capitol's bottom line than RA's bottom line.

Yup, Manson's got tunes. GG Allin's out there in the underground. Let's not forget Fang. That guy killed his girlfriend in a drug dispute and cheating incident gone bad.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #875
TimbrH2001
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,032
TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
I'm not necessarily agreeing with the album not being put out there. At this point it's way more about Capitol's bottom line than RA's bottom line.



Yup, Manson's got tunes. GG Allin's out there in the underground. Let's not forget Fang. That guy killed his girlfriend in a drug dispute and cheating incident gone bad.
Jesus Christ Allin was a god amongst men...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
311 was an inside job, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, gay frogs, wake me when it's out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Album of The Year



Page generated in 0.11104 seconds with 11 queries