Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

The Vinyl Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #1551
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 will become famous soon enough
Re: The Vinyl Thread

Grabbed a couple of records tonight after work. One of them is used from the early 70's.

Something I noticed that I haven't for any other album of mine. It's a 2-LP, 4-total sides live album. The liner notes lists it as Side One, Side Two, Side Three, Side Four. The thing is Sides 1 and 4 are on one record, while 2-3 are on the other. New to me. Is this common? Anyone else have anything like this?
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:01 PM   #1552
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Grabbed a couple of records tonight after work. One of them is used from the early 70's.

Something I noticed that I haven't for any other album of mine. It's a 2-LP, 4-total sides live album. The liner notes lists it as Side One, Side Two, Side Three, Side Four. The thing is Sides 1 and 4 are on one record, while 2-3 are on the other. New to me. Is this common? Anyone else have anything like this?
I've seen it before. Perhaps it was done this way for those old record players that stacked and dropped records for continuous play.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:45 AM   #1553
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
I've seen it before. Perhaps it was done this way for those old record players that stacked and dropped records for continuous play.
You're right - that's exactly what they made them like this for. I have one record like this - the original Star Wars soundtrack.

Oh, actually LCD Soundsystem did the Last Goodbye like this across 5 LPs. I always assumed that was so anyone with a two turntable setup could mix the whole thing into a continuous run though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:16 PM   #1554
shamooth
These Mad Dogs of Glory

shamooth will become famous soon enough

this is going to be on heavy rotation for a while.
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #1555
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post

a have a few 70's live albums like that, and also my U.K. press of Electric Landland (not a live album obv)...
Old 05-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #1556
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Its common with older records. Pretty sure that practice stopped in the 80s. Every once in a while you come across that is that way(LCD did their live album that way). I believe it was for the automatic record feeders. This way you can stack up the records for a long continuous play before flipping records.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
collecting, music, records, vinyl, vinyl(s)