Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

Old 11-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #226
SweetBlackMagic
People seem to hate me...

SweetBlackMagic is on a distinguished road
Re: Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

Dude needs to take a good, long look in the mirror and work on himself. Every "relationship" he has (romantic or professional) seems to end horribly. He can't even keep a band together at this point. After so long, it's clear the only common denominator is Ryan himself. He's talented AF, but damn...he's going to have a lonely life if something doesn't change.
SweetBlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #227
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Last edited by Knotnow; 11-09-2018 at 04:27 PM..
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #228
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

How do we know he started using/drinking again? Or is that just baseless speculation.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #229
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
How do we know he started using/drinking again? Or is that just baseless speculation.

Definitely just speculation from random things I’ve heard. Hopefully it’s not the case at all. I’m editing that because I hate to even speculate.

Last edited by Knotnow; 11-09-2018 at 04:28 PM..
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #230
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: jp bowersock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
im pretty ignorant to that era concerning ryan/the strokes - aside from ryan covering their album - mostly cause i just never understood the appeal of the strokes and sorta sat that one out - so im curious if the bowersock connection caused some sort of strain/tension - real or imagined - thoughts?
I always thought the Strokes sucked donkey balls.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #231
folkjam

folkjam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
He made a few references to partying and “destruction”, and changed his social media bios to “stay sober”. People are trying to fill in the blanks, with a lot of harmful assumptions.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #232
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

btw- when i mentioned 'rehab' in the other thread- it was generally meant as rehab for the mind and spirit. i have no knowledge if he picked up or not- and never would speculate.
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #233
seatakestheship

seatakestheship is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: jp bowersock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
im pretty ignorant to that era concerning ryan/the strokes - aside from ryan covering their album - mostly cause i just never understood the appeal of the strokes and sorta sat that one out - so im curious if the bowersock connection caused some sort of strain/tension - real or imagined - thoughts?
I think one of the final straws was when The Strokes manager started managing RA; they felt like he wasn't giving them enough attention so they gave him an ultimatum. The book describes a scene where The Strokes invited RA and their joint manager to a bar and gave him the ultimatum while RA was sitting right there.
seatakestheship is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
yikes