TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The Australian/NZ Chat Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #1201
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Australian/NZ Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Ha, might as well. I have a plan that involves slipping Clive Palmer some crystal meth and a can of spray tan in the hopes he becomes our version of Donald Trump. Only way to liven up an Australian election campaign.
I know it looks hilarious from a distance, but it's actually terrifying and I wouldn't recommend that.

Between Palmer and Katter, Trump is Gollum.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #1202
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishellmay View Post
I know it looks hilarious from a distance, but it's actually terrifying and I wouldn't recommend that.

Between Palmer and Katter, Trump is Gollum.
True, I should be careful what I wish for. The success of Trump is inexplicable. Clive's basically in the process of going bankrupt right now anyway, and his Palmer United Party currently consists of just two elected members- Clive and some other guy nobody remembers. So I doubt he'll last much longer on the political scene.

He does have cool dinosaurs though.

Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #1203
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
True, I should be careful what I wish for. The success of Trump is inexplicable. Clive's basically in the process of going bankrupt right now anyway, and his Palmer United Party currently consists of just two elected members- Clive and some other guy nobody remembers. So I doubt he'll last much longer on the political scene.

He does have cool dinosaurs though.

What a great photo.

Trump's rise is completely baffling. I feel like the veneer is starting to crack, but I don't really know anything anymore. After Bernie's surprise win (don't call it an "upset", I'm not upset about it) I'm done trying to predict anything in this race.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #1204
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, looks like the organisers of Eurovision have perpetrated another crime against geography and let Australia compete again this year.

Our entrant this year is Dami Im, who is apparently an Australian-Korean pop princess that I have been blissfully unaware of until today.

Funnily enough, the song might do pretty well at the competition - it's a suitably over-wrought power ballad that just begs for MOAR WIND MACHINE. Perfect for Eurovision.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:57 PM   #1205
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

omgzzz, Louis Theroux has just announced his first ever Australian tour. Will be hosted on stage by the gorgeous Julia Zemiro. Just put my name down on a wait list for early notification of when tickets go on sale because I am a hopeless Louis superfan.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #1206
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

I saw!! I hope you get tickets, that would be awesome!
Old 03-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #1207
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
I saw!! I hope you get tickets, that would be awesome!
I did! Really looking forward to it.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #1208
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
I did! Really looking forward to it.
He's actually somewhat inspired me to undertake my own little photo/journalism project.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #1209
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
He's actually somewhat inspired me to undertake my own little photo/journalism project.
ooh, can I ask what the subject is?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:54 AM   #1210
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

NZ referendum has rejected proposed new flag, the Kiwis have voted to stick with the status quo.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #1211
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
NZ referendum has rejected proposed new flag, the Kiwis have voted to stick with the status quo.
I'm surprises the existing flag didn't win by more. I know lots of people (myself included) are into changing it but that alternative choice was just gross.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:44 AM   #1212
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Welp, the Pistol and Boo-Boo saga is finally over, with Amber Heard pleading guilty in a Gold Coast courtroom today to charges of failing to declare her dogs entering Australia and breaking our very strict quarantine laws. No conviction was recorded, but Heard and Depp recorded this slightly bizarre video apology for their sins.

Somewhere, Barnaby Joyce chuckles softly and opens another celebratory tinny......

Old 04-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #1213
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
Welp, the Pistol and Boo-Boo saga is finally over, with Amber Heard pleading guilty in a Gold Coast courtroom today to charges of failing to declare her dogs entering Australia and breaking our very strict quarantine laws. No conviction was recorded, but Heard and Depp recorded this slightly bizarre video apology for their sins.

Somewhere, Barnaby Joyce chuckles softly and opens another celebratory tinny......

No one does condescension better, hey.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #1214
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Someone said yesterday that it looked like a hostage video. And it does really.
I can picture someone off-camera, holding a knife to Boo and Pistol......
Old 04-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #1215
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Old 04-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #1216
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

My friend Lee is flying back to Canberra from London to write a book about the current hot mess in Australian politics. He's been a regular contributor to Vice for a little while now, so this is kind of a big deal and I'm very excited for him.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #1217
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
My friend Lee is flying back to Canberra from London to write a book about the current hot mess in Australian politics. He's been a regular contributor to Vice for a little while now, so this is kind of a big deal and I'm very excited for him.
God knows he won't struggle to find material to write about, not with characters like Barnaby, Clive and Jacqui Lambie all doing their batshit crazy routines.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #1218
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
God knows he won't struggle to find material to write about, not with characters like Barnaby, Clive and Jacqui Lambie all doing their batshit crazy routines.
Precisely why they went from asking him to ramp up the number of articles per week to just writing a book!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #1219
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

So Premier Mike Baird recently forced most councils in NSW to amalgamate into larger, "super" councils and now people are losing their minds. The new Inner West Council in Sydney (formerly 3 different council areas) had its first meeting the other night and things went to hell very quickly. The pattern is now being repeated throughout the state as the new councils try to get back to work.

I actually don't blame the protestors (and I support my local council suing the State Government over the issue), but the woman protestor who spits at the council administrator is way out of line. NSW is a bit crazytown lately. Thx Mike.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:04 AM   #1220
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:

Apparently these two are divorcing now. Because what good is a marriage if you can't smuggle dogs into Australia together without getting caught.

Last edited by ishellmay; 05-26-2016 at 08:07 AM..
Old 05-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #1221
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Well, that was short and (apparently not-so) sweet. I read today she's asking for spousal support, and Depp is refusing to give her anything. Might get ugly.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:51 AM   #1222
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
Well, that was short and (apparently not-so) sweet. I read today she's asking for spousal support, and Depp is refusing to give her anything. Might get ugly.
Bahahahaahahahahahahaha *sigh*
Old 05-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #1223
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

It officially got ugly.

Quote:
A Los Angeles judge has granted a restraining order against Johnny Depp from his estranged wife Amber Heard, who has accused him of domestic violence, court documents show.

The documents, filed on Friday by lawyers representing Heard, state that Depp “violently attacked” Heard on Saturday night in their penthouse apartment.

Photographs submitted to the court show Heard with a large bruise on her face, as well as broken bottles, picture frames and shattered glass on the floor.

On Saturday evening, according to a statement from Heard filed on Friday in support of the restraining order, Depp “began obsessing over something that wasn’t true” and “became extremely angry”, eventually throwing a cellphone at Heard, striking her cheek and eye “with extreme force”.

Heard said that Depp “continued screaming at me, pulling my hair, striking me and violently grabbing my face”.

After Heard’s friend Raquel Pennington entered the apartment, Depp “picked up the magnum size bottle of wine he had been drinking out of, and he started swinging it around, smashing everything he could”, the statement continues.

A separate statement from Pennington, also submitted to the court, supports Heard’s description of events, alleging that Depp swung the magnum of wine “like a baseball bat”.

An opposing document filed by Depp’s lawyers claims that “Amber is attempting to secure a premature financial resolution by alleging abuse” and states that Depp is “unable to attend the hearing on this matter and has not heard Amber’s specific allegations against him”.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...estic-violence
Old 05-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #1224
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
Oh, fuck him. You do not strike a woman. Ever.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #1225
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
Victoria's TAC introduces human sculpture 'Graham' to stress importance of road safety

An unusual human sculpture, named Graham, has been created by renowned Melbourne artist Patricia Piccinini in collaboration with a leading trauma surgeon and crash investigation expert.

Humans would have to look something like Graham in order to survive a crash, according to the Transport Accident Commission (TAC).

Graham has a large thick skull, is lacking a neck, and has sacks of air on his chest to act like car airbags.

Piccinini used silicone, fibreglass, resin and human hair to make him.

"I really listened and internalised the science of it and then I approached it in a creative way, on an emotional level," she said.

"The eyes are where the work is, it's where the viewer can really connect with him and empathise."

Piccinini was also behind the controversial Skywhale hot air balloon which took flight in 2013 to mark Canberra's centenary.

The TAC said the campaign was different from its usual campaigns and was designed to highlight human vulnerability on the road.

"Our vulnerabilities are at the heart of everything that we do in road safety - how do we protect ourselves on our roads," TAC chief executive officer Joe Calafiore said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-2...mpaign/7648024
Sponsored Links