TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The Real Life Chat Lounge


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
The Real Life Chat Lounge

Where Kees and FB comes to kick back, relax and talk shit basically. Why not join them - you've nothng to lose but brains cells.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Factory Boy
BJ's Booze Buggy.
 
Factory Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 237
Factory Boy will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Haha! Nice one Sydders.
Right, I'll start.
I had a blazing row with my boss today during which I called him the "c" word & told him to fuck off.
It's weird because work is the only place I ever lose my temper & the only time I ever use the "c" word. I think this must mean I need a change of career. Nearly had an enforced one after that little outburst but unfortunately he needs me too much.
My boss has an unbelievable ability to wind me up & it really takes a lot because I'm so laid back, I'm almost comatose!
Ah well, glad to get that off my chest whether anybody's interested or not.
Factory Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Typical - I create a perfectly good thread and they don't want to use it.



I'm slow this morning......
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
Quincy
1up
 
Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not Hull, UK
Posts: 9,782
Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Boy
Haha! Nice one Sydders.
Right, I'll start.
I had a blazing row with my boss today during which I called him the "c" word & told him to fuck off.
It's weird because work is the only place I ever lose my temper & the only time I ever use the "c" word. I think this must mean I need a change of career. Nearly had an enforced one after that little outburst but unfortunately he needs me too much.
My boss has an unbelievable ability to wind me up & it really takes a lot because I'm so laid back, I'm almost comatose!
Ah well, glad to get that off my chest whether anybody's interested or not.

I hope my recent comments didn't influence your mind into using that word.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Boy
Haha! Nice one Sydders.
Right, I'll start.
I had a blazing row with my boss today during which I called him the "c" word & told him to fuck off.
It's weird because work is the only place I ever lose my temper & the only time I ever use the "c" word. I think this must mean I need a change of career. Nearly had an enforced one after that little outburst but unfortunately he needs me too much.
My boss has an unbelievable ability to wind me up & it really takes a lot because I'm so laid back, I'm almost comatose!
Ah well, glad to get that off my chest whether anybody's interested or not.
How long have you worked there FB and how much do you enjoy your job - apart from the interaction with your boss?
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy
I hope my recent comments didn't influence your mind into using that word.
Such language won't be tolerated around here, okay?
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
Factory Boy
BJ's Booze Buggy.
 
Factory Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 237
Factory Boy will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy
I hope my recent comments didn't influence your mind into using that word.
LOL. No Quince, I was previously aware of the word's existance.
Also, I don't have any problem with other people using it. In fact my girlfriend will sometimes say it & it sounds great in her well spoken voice!Haha.
I like to keep it in reserve for special occasions only.
Factory Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
Factory Boy
BJ's Booze Buggy.
 
Factory Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 237
Factory Boy will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
How long have you worked there FB and how much do you enjoy your job - apart from the interaction with your boss?
I've been there since 1990! I don't particularly enjoy it & I don't feel fulfilled in any way. It's one saving grace is that it's just around the corner from where I live. My gf keeps hounding me to find something better but it's not so easy at my age. I think I'm in a bit of a rut. I must get pro-active!!!
Factory Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
Quincy
1up
 
Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not Hull, UK
Posts: 9,782
Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Boy
LOL. No Quince, I was previously aware of the word's existance.
Also, I don't have any problem with other people using it. In fact my girlfriend will sometimes say it & it sounds great in her well spoken voice!Haha.
I like to keep it in reserve for special occasions only.
No I just wondered if I'd brought it to the fore of your mind.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #10
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!
 
trappss1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,047
trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Boy
I've been there since 1990! I don't particularly enjoy it & I don't feel fulfilled in any way. It's one saving grace is that it's just around the corner from where I live. My gf keeps hounding me to find something better but it's not so easy at my age. I think I'm in a bit of a rut. I must get pro-active!!!
Its hard to leave the comfort zone.
trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Boy
I've been there since 1990! I don't particularly enjoy it & I don't feel fulfilled in any way. It's one saving grace is that it's just around the corner from where I live. My gf keeps hounding me to find something better but it's not so easy at my age. I think I'm in a bit of a rut. I must get pro-active!!!

Yea, that's a while. Is it the whole field you work in that you no longer enjoy, or just that particular company? Changing companies is easy enough - changing career paths is much more difficult.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #12
Factory Boy
BJ's Booze Buggy.
 
Factory Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 237
Factory Boy will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
Yea, that's a while. Is it the whole field you work in that you no longer enjoy, or just that particular company? Changing companies is easy enough - changing career paths is much more difficult.
The whole field. It's all I've ever done. I worked for one company for 11 years before that, doing the same kind of thing.
I'd like to get into teaching people with learning disabilities but it's not that well paid & I can't afford to take a cut in wages.
I tried at one place. I spent the day with the clients & really enjoyed it.
All the staff there said I was a natural but when I applied for the job, I didn't even make the interviews! Probably mainly due to my age I would guess.
Factory Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #13
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Boy
The whole field. It's all I've ever done. I worked for one company for 11 years before that, doing the same kind of thing.
I'd like to get into teaching people with learning disabilities but it's not that well paid & I can't afford to take a cut in wages.
I tried at one place. I spent the day with the clients & really enjoyed it.
All the staff there said I was a natural but when I applied for the job, I didn't even make the interviews! Probably mainly due to my age I would guess.

That's too bad. Age shouldn't come into the issue - especially for something that is essentially vocational like teaching those with learning problems.

Have you every thought of maybe trying a portfolio career? Its where someone has two or maybe even three part times jobs instead of one fulll time one. The jobs are usually in differnet fields and the idea is to find something that you enjoy doing but aren't able to work full time at for whatever reason. I know some folks that do it - but they tend to work in media/pr/marketing where freelance work is pretty common.

Portfolio careers are great if you're after better work-life balance.

Its either that or bitchsmack your boss.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #14
Factory Boy
BJ's Booze Buggy.
 
Factory Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 237
Factory Boy will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
That's too bad. Age shouldn't come into the issue - especially for something that is essentially vocational like teaching those with learning problems.

Have you every thought of maybe trying a portfolio career? Its where someone has two or maybe even three part times jobs instead of one fulll time one. The jobs are usually in differnet fields and the idea is to find something that you enjoy doing but aren't able to work full time at for whatever reason. I know some folks that do it - but they tend to work in media/pr/marketing where freelance work is pretty common.

Portfolio careers are great if you're after better work-life balance.

Its either that or bitchsmack your boss.
That last option is most appealing!
I've never heard of that but it sounds good. It would stop me getting so bored. As long as it didn't interfere with my musical exploits, it could work.
I'd not be able to work evenings or weekends because I do a lot of gigs & music always comes first with me I'm afraid.
Factory Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #15
kees
 
kees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 274
kees will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Well then, there's the way out, FB!! We are going to quit our jobs and start a band. Two old farts, but we're funny as hell, and of course Ryan will write some great tunes for us.

__________________
Is that an answer or are we still sulking?
kees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #16
Factory Boy
BJ's Booze Buggy.
 
Factory Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 237
Factory Boy will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kees
Well then, there's the way out, FB!! We are going to quit our jobs and start a band. Two old farts, but we're funny as hell, and of course Ryan will write some great tunes for us.

Ok, I'm in! Can we get an e-rehearsal or two in?
First gig, Madison Square Garden, suppoting Billy Joel.
Factory Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #17
kees
 
kees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 274
kees will become famous soon enough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Okay...book plane.....warn the Buddy family, so they can pick us up....we can rehearse on the plane....we need Zephy, Foggy & Sydders in the dressing room, and lots of hoistable spirits (I've got a serious case of stagefright!)...ehm......we need a bandname.......The Pink Stripes.........the Beaver Trappers..........or we could go all Krautrock and call ourselves the FabrikJungen.....shit, we can't be over there while RA is here.......we'll have to postpone, maybe november/december....
__________________
Is that an answer or are we still sulking?
kees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #18
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

There is zero chance of any of us getting in a dressing room with you lot.


Btw FB, if it makes you feel any better, I have the boss from hell too. She has a habit of hiring her latest love interest to work at the company - and since her father owns the place, she can pretty much do whatever she likes.

Not so long ago she got herself a new girlfriend and then decided to give her a job as part of my staff. We're got a small team so no room for dead wood, but we got lumbered with this silly cow. She was useless, argued with me about editorial direction and tried to nab all the best assignments for herself. And we couldn't do anything about it because of who she was sleepng with.
Finally, the two lovebirds went splitsville and then my boss makes me go and fire her. Such fun. I hate her.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #19
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!
 
trappss1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,047
trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
There is zero chance of any of us getting in a dressing room with you lot.


Btw FB, if it makes you feel any better, I have the boss from hell too. She has a habit of hiring her latest love interest to work at the company - and since her father owns the place, she can pretty much do whatever she likes.

Not so long ago she got herself a new girlfriend and then decided to give her a job as part of my staff. We're got a small team so no room for dead wood, but we got lumbered with this silly cow. She was useless, argued with me about editorial direction and tried to nab all the best assignments for herself. And we couldn't do anything about it because of who she was sleepng with.
Finally, the two lovebirds went splitsville and then my boss makes me go and fire her. Such fun. I hate her.
It is such BS when people hire people that they know. Most often they aren't qualified to do the job at all. You can't complain about it though because of who her dad is. That sucks!! I feel bad for you in that situation.
trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #20
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappss1
It is such BS when people hire people that they know. Most often they aren't qualified to do the job at all. You can't complain about it though because of who her dad is. That sucks!! I feel bad for you in that situation.
Firing her stupid arse was kinda fun though.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #21
Quincy
1up
 
Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not Hull, UK
Posts: 9,782
Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
Firing her stupid arse was kinda fun though.
I bet you made her cry...you meanie.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #22
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy
I bet you made her cry...you meanie.
Just a little bit. I was actually really nice - even took her to lunch first and cleaned out her desk for her so she wouldn't have to go back to the office and be embarrassed. I'm a sweetheart.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #23
Quincy
1up
 
Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not Hull, UK
Posts: 9,782
Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
Just a little bit. I was actually really nice - even took her to lunch first and cleaned out her desk for her so she wouldn't have to go back to the office and be embarrassed. I'm a sweetheart.
Awww...can you fire me?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #24
Sydneyfan
 
Sydneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,120
Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy
Awww...can you fire me?

I don't know - are you hopeless?
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #25
Quincy
1up
 
Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Not Hull, UK
Posts: 9,782
Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: The Real Life Chat Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
I don't know - are you hopeless?
Do you need to ask?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
its what real men do (real bored men) who jam Feeds Ryan Adams Blog 2 08-23-2008 02:21 PM
***1/10/07 Main Lounge, Iowa City, IA*** Sydneyfan Ryan Adams Discussion 35 10-02-2007 03:26 PM
Mercury Lounge show MP3s Sydneyfan Ryan Adams Discussion 2 02-06-2007 10:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Album of The Year



Page generated in 0.15249 seconds with 11 queries