TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > 2019 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The National - I Am Easy To Find (5/17)

Old 03-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #26
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The National - I Am Easy To Find (5/17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Boy was I wrong.
At least you are brave enough to admit your shortcomings. You fail with grace.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #27
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

That's a lot of tunes. I'm excited!!!
Old 03-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #28
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
If you guys are in Cherry Tree theres an exclusive LP variant and some different shirts.
Is Cherry Tree worth joining?
Old 03-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #29
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

i wonder if that tv series based on and starring Matt is ever going to come to fruition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #30
JackStark211

Pre-ordered the the deluxe.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #31
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I think so.

For my $50, I got their Live album of Pre-Alligator tracks (and the other stuff that came with it, a scarf, a tote, sticker, patch), I was able to get access to a pre-sale for 3 shows, one of witch was at the Metra (a 1000 person venue. _ They normally play large theaters or headline a fest in Chicago normally), and now I was able to get this exclusive edition of the record. well worth the $50 IMO
Tim Simmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #32
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

I just signed up for Cherry Tree and I'm not eligible for the presale
Old 03-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #33
JackStark211

Old 03-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #34
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I just signed up for Cherry Tree and I'm not eligible for the presale
Chicago?
Old 03-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #35
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chicago?
yeah, get us a pair?
Old 03-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #36
Tim Simmons

I've got 3 others I'm buying for. I'll get the maximum amount and let you know.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #37
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post

100% yes. The fan club package last year was great.

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #38
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you guys are in Cherry Tree theres an exclusive LP variant and some different shirts.

That variant looks lovely and I really want it, but I ordered the deluxe and canít really afford both.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:30 PM   #39
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

I copped the 3LP...can't be ordering up everything in sight with Big Thief's new album coming, I also got the Kankyou Ongaku 3LP set, Hamilton Leithauser had a little 7"...year has started out of control with new releases.

16 tracks...chowder gonna be everywhere!
The Black Map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 PM   #40
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Wait, do I have to pay $50 for cherry tree in order to get the pre-sale?
Old 03-06-2019, 12:10 AM   #41
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
No, I don't think so. I got the deluxe 3LP and I wasn't logged in to my Cherry Tree account.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:58 AM   #42
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
For shows going forward, sure. This presage was cut off at people who were members before yesterday
Old 05-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #43
Tim Simmons

Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #44
JackStark211

Love it!
Old 05-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #45
Tim Simmons

yeah. those slow burn, kinda angular NTL songs are my favorite.

Reminds me of Empire Line from Sleep Well Beast
Old 05-03-2019, 04:52 AM   #46
lukin
I'm talking ace

I was a bit unsure of the first song (You Had Your Soul With You) at first but I warmed to it. Light Years I liked straight away (sounds like it'll make a nice album closer).

Hairpin Turns though, is probably the pick of the bunch so far. It took a couple of listens but there's a hook there that really pulls you in, and it's got really interesting stuff going on. Love the backing vocals too.

Just cannot wait to hear the full album version of Rylan, I keep listening to that youtube video (I Am Easy To Find trailer) that has the first minute of it and get really angry when it fades out just as it gets to the chorus - even though I know how frustrated it makes me I still can't stop myself.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #47
JackStark211

Really looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:50 PM   #48
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

Rylan was alright, I have a hard time with tunes when the music's decent, but the lyrics are seemingly about nothing much in particular. Not even a cryptic tassel I could latch on to. Kid's pasty and needs some sun.

Super stoked for tomorrow - new National listening always gets extended into subsequent seasons.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #49
JackStark211

CHOWDER BAGS ARE READY TO BURST!!!!
Old 05-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #50
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

Album is awesome - Quiet Light is a standout on the first half, second half is magical.
Sponsored Links