TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

2019 Album Trilogy

Old 01-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #176
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of
Re: 2019 Album Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
if the third album really is going to be one from the vault id prefer the 'crooner' album or the stringdusters album over blackhole
How about no? We've been waiting for Blackhole for years! Don't fuck this up!
Old 01-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #177
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
How about no? We've been waiting for Blackhole for years! Don't fuck this up!
haha - personally id rather wait another twenty yrs to hear it - its already mythical at this point - whats a few more decades?

in the meantime i wanna hear what he considers crooning - that sounds much more interesting
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #178
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

i dig manchester, yep.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #179
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neftzger View Post

Similar lyrical content to WW24.

What method do you think DRA would use to burn down an entire town? Matches and gasoline? Tossed out roach? Giant cat robot with laser eyes?

sick burns on twitter.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:42 PM   #180
shamooth

shamooth has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
if the third album really is going to be one from the vault id prefer the 'crooner' album or the stringdusters album over blackhole
you're out of your mind.

Last edited by shamooth; 01-12-2019 at 04:58 AM..
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:50 AM   #181
baptizedpotato

baptizedpotato is a jewel in the roughbaptizedpotato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
Just the fact that they’ve announced the first two and not the third is making me think there’s a chance and they are trying to keep the suspense. Then again, maybe it’s just that he’s still working on the third.
actually i think the 3rd one is still just an idea at this point. didnt he say he say something like "lets try and release 3 again this year" ? Big Colors and Wednesdays are pretty much confirmed (although you never know in his case), but im not sure ther's anything set in motion for a 3rd one already

Last edited by baptizedpotato; 01-12-2019 at 01:04 AM..
baptizedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:32 AM   #182
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptizedpotato View Post
actually i think the 3rd one is still just an idea at this point. didnt he say he say something like "lets try and release 3 again this year"?
@TheRyanAdams Jan 7
Remember that year when I released 3 records.

Let's do it again

https://twitter.com/TheRyanAdams/sta...32394358009857
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:10 AM   #183
Electricityscape

Electricityscape is on a distinguished road

If it’s gonna be a record from the vault, it could also be Haywire, the unreleased Glyn Johns record.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #184
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricityscape View Post
If it’s gonna be a record from the vault, it could also be Haywire, the unreleased Glyn Johns record.
if that's the one recorded and scrapped before S/T i doubt it
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #185
yesterday'seyes
Joe

yesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to all

Liking Manchester more with each listen. Already listened about 5 times this morning.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #186
makemasa

makemasa is an unknown quantity at this point

Is any of the new stuff going to include the recordings from that YouTube sound collage/mashup posted a few months ago?

I liked that sound a lot. Smatterings of Byrds and Big Star throughout. Did a quick search for the link to the video but couldn't find it.
makemasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #187
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think anyone knows at this point. Unless Any of these journalists with the record post here.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #188
Js22

Js22 is a jewel in the roughJs22 is a jewel in the rough

The song ‘summer rain’ was posted on his IG a few months ago but that account has been deleted.
Js22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #189
yesterday'seyes
Joe

yesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemasa View Post
Is any of the new stuff going to include the recordings from that YouTube sound collage/mashup posted a few months ago?

I liked that sound a lot. Smatterings of Byrds and Big Star throughout. Did a quick search for the link to the video but couldn't find it.
Clips of I Surrender and So Quiet It's Loud were in there. Only reason I know is because both were Dear Impossible demos as well. Really excited they are on this album. I was always a fan of those demos.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #190
Electricityscape

I heavily doubt that Dear Impossibleis ever going to be released. Wasn’t that one recorded over Christmas 2008 after Jessica Joffe left Ryan right before he married Mandy Moore a few months later? I remember him being in the studio (Electric Lady?) just with either Tom Schick or Jamie Candiloro and a woman cranking out a song or two every day. It was documented on Foggy, including demos. Those were the days, although it was after 2005 and without The Cardinals, who were still his backing band, but perhaps planning a coup d’etat at that point.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 PM   #191
OhMySweetCumbria

OhMySweetCumbria is an unknown quantity at this point

Finding it odd reading the random pre-release reviews of the albums by newspeople - is there any reasoning behind this? Just a weird marketing trick as he knows that people may be following them more to keep up with current events?
OhMySweetCumbria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #192
yesterday'seyes
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricityscape View Post
I heavily doubt that Dear Impossibleis ever going to be released. Wasn’t that one recorded over Christmas 2008 after Jessica Joffe left Ryan right before he married Mandy Moore a few months later? I remember him being in the studio (Electric Lady?) just with either Tom Schick or Jamie Candiloro and a woman cranking out a song or two every day. It was documented on Foggy, including demos. Those were the days, although it was after 2005 and without The Cardinals, who were still his backing band, but perhaps planning a coup d’etat at that point.
Nah I was just saying a couple of those songs are on Big Colors. Highly doubtful it will ever be released.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #193
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

It will see the light of day, but it may not be for 20 years. No reason not to release it. Labels will sell anything at some point.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #194
Whatever_etc7

Whatever_etc7 is infamous around these parts

I can´t stand DG. The song is like a whining road to death or so in my ears. Besides I guess I catched online the drama when Ryan posted about his latest on/off/ex-gf cheated on him. Whatever the truth might be somehow my brain can´t process all this information and this song logically.
Even Firecracker which lyrical is about not wanting any serious relationship is thousand times better as a song then DG which should be a love song but sounds worser then any drowning dogs from hell.
Sorry, this song gives me just bad vibes, ugh!
Also all this verified accounts on Twitter which tweeted they were lucky enough to have listened to his new album and love it, is really nice for them but it´s too much marketing for me & inmho annoying.
On a hopefully & positive note I like the song Manchester it´s dreamy even it sounds to me that another woman then his ex seems to be involved. Probably I should or shouldn´t count how many women appear in his music and historyline....
Still I´m curious enough to listen to the upcoming album & check out if those verified Twitter accounts who had the chance to listen to the album already have the same taste as I do or not.
Whatever_etc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:01 PM   #195
delvis

delvis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMySweetCumbria View Post
Finding it odd reading the random pre-release reviews of the albums by newspeople - is there any reasoning behind this? Just a weird marketing trick as he knows that people may be following them more to keep up with current events?
I noticed that both newspeople are fans of Phish/ the Dead. Not sure if that makes any diff...but maybe. Def weird.
delvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:37 AM   #196
seatakestheship

seatakestheship is an unknown quantity at this point

His twitter response tonight to Benmont Tench makes me doubt the third album is something from the archives.

http://twitter.com/TheRyanAdams/stat...34551860539392
seatakestheship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:25 AM   #197
OhMySweetCumbria

OhMySweetCumbria is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatakestheship View Post
His twitter response tonight to Benmont Tench makes me doubt the third album is something from the archives.

http://twitter.com/TheRyanAdams/stat...34551860539392
I was thinking that, but then again it could easily just have been for an overdub on an archive album
OhMySweetCumbria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:48 AM   #198
millaa

millaa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was thinking that, but then again it could easily just have been for an overdub on an archive album
Or, the Glyn Johns album...
millaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 AM   #199
baptizedpotato

baptizedpotato is a jewel in the roughbaptizedpotato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
was thinking the same... is that a thing nowadays?

it does increase the changes of an early leak though
baptizedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #200
Electricityscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by millaa View Post
Or, the Glyn Johns album...
Man, I really thrilled if it is going to be that album. It is supposed to be about his grandma (maybe 'Jacksonville' is from those sessions). Ryan also once said that Cindy Cashdollar was on it. And he played one night in London with this band around that time (my favourite band since The Cardinals), which got Benmont, Cindy, Don Was, Ethan Johns and Jeremy Stacey: