It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Old 09-20-2008, 03:51 AM   #26
Kirsten
underfootsquished

Kirsten is a jewel in the roughKirsten is a jewel in the rough
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Mountain View Post
These days, the only tv I watch is NBC's Thursday lineup (you know, the trifecta of comedy perfection...My Name Is Earl, The Office, and 30 Rock).

I used to be such a tv junkie, now I have limits.
Same here! I try to tell myself its for the best, but I don't really believe it.
Kirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #27
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

I was trying to find info on Season 5 and 6 and came across the It's Always Sunny Wikipedia page. This is some of what it says about Charlie (he's my favorite)

Quote:
Mac's childhood friend and a co-owner of Paddy's. Arguably the most unhappy and pathetic member of the gang, Charlie is a volatile loser who displays little ability to cope with day-to-day problems and is prone to Bobcat Goldthwait-styled outbursts. He also has poor hygiene, lives in squalor, and frequently abuses inhalants. Several characters refer to his dingy apartment as a "shit hole." His poverty is in part caused by a tendency to make "bad investments," at one point selling several shares of Paddy's to Mac for half a sandwich. Throughout the show, Charlie shows signs of learning disabilities, including dyslexia, and is often accused of being illiterate and "retarded" by other characters. He is sometimes unable to comprehend what people are talking about, and has a poor grasp of history and current events.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #28
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

Charlie is the best.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
is prone to Bobcat Goldthwait-styled outbursts.
Yeah, that sounds about right.

I love this show now.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #30
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

I just remembered his lyrics for "Night Man" which both Dennis and Mac confuse for a page from a coloring book.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #31
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Is this it?

Night Man, sneaky and mean
Spider inside my dreams
I think I love you

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

Every night you come into my room
And pin me down with your strong arms
You pin me down, and I try to fight you
You come inside me
You fill me up
And I become the Night Man...

It's just 2 men sharing the night
It might seem wrong but it's just right
It's just 2 men sharing each other
It's just 2 men like loving brothers

One on top and one on bottom
One inside and one is out
One is screaming, he's so happy
The other's screamin' a passionate shout

It's the Night Man
I'm feeling so wrong and right, man
I'm feeling so wrong and right, man

I can't fight you, man
When you come inside me
And pin me down with your strong hands
And I become the Night...
The passionate, passionate Night Man
Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #32
clewis
gangster

You just earned positive rep for that.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #33
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Why, thank you.

Google is a handy little tool sometimes.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #34
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by clewis View Post
I just remembered his lyrics for "Night Man" which both Dennis and Mac confuse for a page from a coloring book.
That was hilarious!
I've said this before I think, but I love the episode where he and Dennis are in the Korean restaurant and he sees the door that says PRIVATE and he's like, "Do you think there's a pirate in there?"
Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #35
clewis
gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post
That was hilarious!
I've said this before I think, but I love the episode where he and Dennis are in the Korean restaurant and he sees the door that says PRIVATE and he's like, "Do you think there's a pirate in there?"

I've gotten one of my housemates into It's Always Sunny and we quote that part a lot.

Also, I love in the episode where Charlie, Mac and Frank form the band and they decide they have to live rock and roll, so they trash Charlie's apartment and Charlie has his "good chair."

"Charlie, it's covered in bird shit."
"No... it's toothpaste."
"It's clearly bird shit."
"No, it's not. It's toothpaste."
"Do you even own a toothbrush?"
Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #36
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

I've only seen two episodes, and I already love Charlie.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #37
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

My friends and I did a White Elephant Christmas gift exchange this year, and my gift was Season 1 + 2 of It's Always Sunny... and none of them had seen it, but yet it was fought over
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #38
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

I would love to go out right now, and buy every season of this show I can get my hands on, but unfortunately, no stores in my area carry it.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #39
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Can you order it online, like from Amazon? Or eBay?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #40
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

I would, but I do not have a credit card. I suppose I could always put an order in at HMV in person.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #41
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Quote:
I would, but I do not have a credit card. I suppose I could always put an order in at HMV in person.
I think you should do that.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #42
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

I think I might.

Along with the Freaks & Geeks DVD, possibly.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #43
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Quote:
I think I might.

Along with the Freaks & Geeks DVD, possibly.
DO IT. Immediately, if not sooner.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #44
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

I actually broke down and watched the pilot episode of F&G on Google Video this morning. It really is great, and funny to see the whole Apatow crew all together for the first time. They were so young there.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #45
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight...

Quote:
The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis

While Frank, Mac, and Dennis try their hand at real estate, Dee arranges to be a surrogate mother to a wealthy couple with a sweet house. All the while, Charlie faces off with a lawyer on the intricacies of the judicial system.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #46
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #47
Rob
Administrator

Old 09-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #48
Rob
Administrator

Old 09-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #49
Rob
Administrator

Old 09-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #50
Rob
Administrator

Tags
best show ever, funny, green man, lolz, major lolz, milksteak, the mcpoyles, tv, wayfaring heart