TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Thanksgiving Rescue Thread!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #26
thunderoad
Real Gone

thunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Thanksgiving Rescue Thread!

food talk is making me hungry!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #27
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quick! Someone rescue my thanksgiving! I have nowhere to go and my roommate's not interested in celebrating.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #28
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

An unlikely post, but "Thanksgiving" and "Rescue" sort of make sense...

4am US Thanksgiving morning (after two hours of GS jr. being awake and insomnia!), GS awakes in terrible pain and after 45 min, hits the ER... 5 hours later (though the pain subsided shortly after arrival) is it determined that I passed a gall stone.

Fuck, I'm tired.... but thankful, I was released with a clean bill of health.

That's my sob story and I'm sticking with it... boo fucking hooo!
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #29
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

I'm cooking my first-ever thanksgiving dinner! my uninterested roommate got interested when she found me in the kitchen making mini pumpkin pies...

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #30
thunderoad
Real Gone

thunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of light

awwww i wanna mini pumpkin pie
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #31
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Bump for Mo, in case she decides to make a bird this week.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #32
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
Bump for Mo, in case she decides to make a bird this week.
Thanks Hilde! I might get brave and attempt it. I definitely want some turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy... so if I have to make it myself, I will.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #33
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe I'll make Wok's bourbon sweet potatoes too! Yummm.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #34
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

I decided to make an Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie this year. Here's the recipe:

http://tidymom.net/2010/apple-butter...eusel-topping/

I suppose I could post this in the Winter Weight thread too.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #35
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

That looks incredible. I never thought of using apple butter with pumpkin.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #36
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
The 5 Stupidest Questions People Ask The Butterball Turkey Hotline

If you've ever wondered why companies like Butterball have a Turkey Talk-Line to help people cook a bird that, in theory, shouldn't require all that much effort, here are some examples why.

A Reuters editor talked to the call-fielders at Butterball and came back with these head-scratching gems:

*Is it okay to thaw my turkey in the bathtub while bathing my kids?

*Can I brine my turkey in the washing machine?

*Can I use my oven's self-cleaning cycle to speed up the cooking process?

*If I cut my turkey with a chainsaw will the oil affect the taste?

*Can I take my frozen turkey into my sauna to thaw it faster?

If you need to know the answers to any of these, then you should probably call the Butterball line... or order in for Thanksgiving.
http://consumerist.com/2010/11/the-5...y-hotline.html
Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #37
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I'm really down right now because I have been given more work to complete this holiday week than I have received all year long. What kind of cold blooded cock sucker pulls some chicken shit move like that right on a family oriented holiday? I want to blow it all off and just say fuck it...
Old 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #38
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

The guy is nothing but ass lice.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #40
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

Quote:
We may never know why cooks in North Carolina show more interest in sweet potatoes, their most-queried side dish, than people in any other state.
I think I can solve the mystery here. The sweet potato is practically the state vegetable. You can get huge, fresh ones from any grocery store-- or, better yet, the farmers' market.
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #41
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Watch out for grandpa and the pie, everyone.

Quote:
Perk Up Your Fella's Private Parts With Some Pumpkin Pie

When many people think about the side-effects of a Thanksgiving feast, it usually involves either an expanding waistline or a post-meal nap on the couch. But a new study claims that the scent of one Turkey Day classic, pumpkin pie, can have some positive payoff in the bedroom.

The Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Center in Chicago recently tested the effects of 40 different scents on males ranging in age from 18 to 64 to see which caused the most arousal.

"The number one odor that enhanced penile blood flow was a combination of lavender and pumpkin pie," says the Center's director, adding that pumpkin pie was the single most successful stimulant.

As for the reason behind the arousal, the researcher said he could only guess that "Maybe the odors acted to reduce anxiety. By reducing anxiety, it acted to remove inhibitions."

He added that every scent they tested resulted in some level of arousal, leading him to the conclusion that "Nothing turns a man off."
http://consumerist.com/2010/11/perk-...mpkin-pie.html
Old 11-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #42
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Aww snap.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #43
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Bump for the upcoming Canadian Thanksgiving.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #44
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Bump for American Thanksgiving (next week).
Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #45
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

This is my first thanksgiving as a veggiesaurus. Should be interesting.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #46
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Tofurkey?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #47
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Soy stuffing.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #48
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

I was never really a fan of the turkey anyway. I just need to make sure the gravy is mushroom/veggie broth based and then make my mom promise she wont toss that giblet crap into the dressing.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #49
ewok.online
CATHERINE

but mooooooooom

Old 11-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #50
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post
I was never really a fan of the turkey anyway. I just need to make sure the gravy is mushroom/veggie broth based and then make my mom promise she wont toss that giblet crap into the dressing.
Way to ruin thanksgiving for the rest of the family.