TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Thanksgiving Rescue Thread!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #51
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of
Re: Thanksgiving Rescue Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyglass View Post
Way to ruin thanksgiving for the rest of the family.
they won't even notice the giblets are missing. And they can have all the turkey they want, promise.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #52
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Turkey, Gravy, and Stuffing 101

http://www.cookscountry.com/how-to/holiday-turkey-101
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #53
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Is this your first Thanksgiving in the USofA?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #54
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

As a resident, yes. I've been to USA Thanksgiving before.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #55
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

"resident"
Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #56
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

"temporary resident alien"
Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #57
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
much better. don't get ahead of yourself.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #58
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #59
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

What do you put in your stuffing (or dressing, if you prefer)? Cornbread is non-existent in Canada, so it was always white bread. I'm a fan of Stove Top, though.

Quote:
For a holiday that ostensibly brings Americans together, Thanksgiving has a knack for highlighting regional fault lines and exposing local prejudices. Consider stuffing, the holiday’s quintessential side dish. The very word invites conflict, since many Southerners call it “dressing,” whether it’s stuffed into a turkey or baked separately from the bird. But the vital controversy arises over substance: Depending on where you’re from and who your ancestors were, you might make it out of white bread, out of rice or other grains—even out of chestnuts.

In which cases you’d be sorely mistaken, because the correct way to make stuffing is out of cornbread. Cornbread is the only foundation for stuffing that provides real character rather than palliative richness (nuts’ only contribution) or insipid, starchy bulk (looking at you, grains and white bread). And unlike its comatose competitors, which passively absorb the flavors around them without contributing anything, cornbread plays well with other ingredients. Its hint of sweetness is the perfect foil for sage, onions, and sausage (though the meat is entirely optional). And since cornbread, thanks to eggs and milk, is typically moister and tenderer than white bread, you don’t have to souse it in melted butter to keep it from sticking dryly to the roof of your mouth.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...ne_around.html
Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #60
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

I made this Cranberry Fig sauce last night. It was super easy and it's really damn good. I did half the sugar and added some honey.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #61
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I'm really down right now because I have been given more work to complete this holiday week than I have received all year long. What kind of cold blooded cock sucker pulls some chicken shit move like that right on a family oriented holiday? I want to blow it all off and just say fuck it...
This was probably why I transferred to another department.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #62
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Last night, my Grandma's oven blew up. Just now, our garbage disposal clogged up. Happy Thanksgiving!

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #63
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Thanksgiving TBY
Old 11-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #64
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU LOVABLE ASSHOLES!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #65
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
are you not a "conditional permanent resident" yet?

FF - I'd love to get the recipe for that sauce. It sounds delicious!

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #66
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
Nope not yet. I did my biometrics earlier this month and I am just waiting for the mail now.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #67
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post

FF - I'd love to get the recipe for that sauce. It sounds delicious!
Yes! Here you go - http://www.marthastewart.com/336611/...ith-dried-figs

I used half of the recommended sugar and it was plenty sweet.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #68
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nope not yet. I did my biometrics earlier this month and I am just waiting for the mail now.
ah I never work on fiancé visas. That whole process confuses me.

FF - thank you! I'm excited to try this. Assuming I can still find figs, it seems like it'd be appropriate for Christmas too.

edit: nevermind. I see it uses dry, not fresh figs.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #69
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

bump.

Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with Pecan Struesel
http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-swee...-kitchn-179302

mmmmmmmmm
Old 10-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #70
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

That looks pretty awesome. I am 100% looking forward to going to Denver this year for Thanksgiving and having copious amounts of Way's mom's twice-baked potatoes.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #71
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Thanksgiving leftovers recipe: Turkey Enchiladas

And I'm making that Cranberry Fig sauce again. mmmmmm.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #72
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

My Thanksgiving plans fell through, so I'm currently drinking a beer and listening to Springsteen because USA USA USA.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #73
JackStark211

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353807964.959910.jpg
Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #74
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

This is apparently a real ad.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #75
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Gives new meaning to stuffing the Thanksgiving bird...

Pocyohotass is on the left.

I watched "Death Proof" last night... the best part was this trailer:

GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
american thanksgiving, cowboys, food, indians, pilgrims, turkey, usa