TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

True Detective

Old 02-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #26
deertick
Chin up cheer up

deertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of light
Re: True Detective

what a fucking sick ass show!!!!
deertick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #27
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

The One Literary Reference You Must Know to Appreciate ​True Detective

http://io9.com/the-one-literary-refe...ate-1523076497
Old 02-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #28
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

i spent most of yesterday with a friend of mine dissecting the show and coming up with various theories. shit is nuts.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #29
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

It is a fantastic show.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #30
deertick
Chin up cheer up

deertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of light

Catch the fact that he's drinking (Cole) during the whole time they're talking to him so their whole interview now can't be used as evidence since he was "under the influence"

Can't wait for this Sunday
Old 02-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #31
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

He's playing EVERYONE. he's got an angle and he's waiting for them to all play into it.

mildly spoilery for anyone who's not caught up:
Spoiler:
the answers to everything is in the storage unit, i think

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #32
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Just started, two episodes in. Amazing show so far. I'll be caught up pretty soon.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #33
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #34
ewok.online
CATHERINE

that blog is so great.

http://trueandconfused.tumblr.com/

Old 02-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #35
Blue Hotel

Blue Hotel is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot wait till sunday,this show is incredible!
Blue Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #36
deertick
Chin up cheer up

True detective memes are so damn funny
Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #37
JackStark211

Only 1 more episode.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #38
JackStark211

I can't wait to binge watch these.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #39
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Townes was a great choice the last ep. music has been as good as the writing.
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #40
gweeps
=

gweeps is a jewel in the roughgweeps is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Townes was a great choice the last ep.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #41
ewok.online
CATHERINE

I think I'm gonna rewatch the whole show before Sunday.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #42
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
I think I'm gonna rewatch the whole show before Sunday.

Good idea. I might do the same.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #43
JackStark211

Good ending?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #44
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Very satisfying.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #45
Tim Simmons

If you are all about internet theories, prepare to be disappointed.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #46
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Yep. Very satisfying.
Yep. I enjoyed the piss out of it. I bet you are right about some people being upset because it was not as far out mind boggling as they wanted. Some of the internet theories were fucking crazy.

Spoiler:
The yellow king? One guy or just a version of Satan?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #47
ewok.online
CATHERINE

I loved it.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #48
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

We have a free hbo preview with Comcast right now, finally watched the first 2 episodes last night and I love it already. I'll be spending my Friday night watching more.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #49
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerqueen View Post
We have a free hbo preview with Comcast right now, finally watched the first 2 episodes last night and I love it already. I'll be spending my Friday night watching more.
Excellent idea.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #50
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

ugh, can't wait for Lee to get home tonight and watch the last episode.

I'm a little apprehensive to see how they do future seasons of this because they started it out with such a bang, we'll see how they can live up to it.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links