TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

tv talk

Old 09-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #51
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future
Re: tv talk

Apologies if these things have been discussed somewhere else, but three shows I am really into that none of my friends watch and I have no one to discuss them with are: Legion, American Gods, and Preacher. Anyone?

I must say how much I really love netflix and how television has changed because of it. I kind of hate having to watch a show one week at a time, so I am surprised that these three have stayed at the top of my list now for a while.

Humblebrag time if you'll allow it (I'll spoiler it just in case you won't lol):
Spoiler:
my cousin was a guest star in a netflix show called Mindhunter about the beginnings of the FBI profiling program. He played Edmund Kemper and was nominated for an Emmy this year (he didn't win) he also just finished filming another netflix show called Umbrella Academy based on the comics by Gerard Way. Cameron plays one of the hitmen, named Hazel or something I think. So that also makes me like Netflix even more. But seriously I love Netflix forever and I'd propose if it would be a legit union.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #52
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
Apologies if these things have been discussed somewhere else, but three shows I am really into that none of my friends watch and I have no one to discuss them with are: Legion, American Gods, and Preacher. Anyone?

I must say how much I really love netflix and how television has changed because of it. I kind of hate having to watch a show one week at a time, so I am surprised that these three have stayed at the top of my list now for a while.

Humblebrag time if you'll allow it (I'll spoiler it just in case you won't lol):
Spoiler:
my cousin was a guest star in a netflix show called Mindhunter about the beginnings of the FBI profiling program. He played Edmund Kemper and was nominated for an Emmy this year (he didn't win) he also just finished filming another netflix show called Umbrella Academy based on the comics by Gerard Way. Cameron plays one of the hitmen, named Hazel or something I think. So that also makes me like Netflix even more. But seriously I love Netflix forever and I'd propose if it would be a legit union.
none of those shows are my speed - but yer cousin was one of my favorite things about the first ssn of mindhunter - i watched quite a few interviews with him - hes definitely an interesting guy
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:53 PM   #53
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
none of those shows are my speed - but yer cousin was one of my favorite things about the first ssn of mindhunter - i watched quite a few interviews with him - hes definitely an interesting guy
That's not the end of the world I'm sure we have a lot of TV shows in common otherwise.

Thank you, I'm very proud of him and I love that people enjoy the show. Yes, he's a goof. The only problem for me was that the topic of the show is something I'm very very interested in, but it's really hard to get "lost" in the show when I don't see a brutal killer, I just see my cousin Cameron the literal giant nerd. But the scenes he wasn't in or you didn't see his face I forgot again that these people are just actors reading a script and I was able to get into it the way you're supposed to.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #54
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
Thank you, I'm very proud of him and I love that people enjoy the show. Yes, he's a goof. The only problem for me was that the topic of the show is something I'm very very interested in, but it's really hard to get "lost" in the show when I don't see a brutal killer, I just see my cousin Cameron the literal giant nerd. But the scenes he wasn't in or you didn't see his face I forgot again that these people are just actors reading a script and I was able to get into it the way you're supposed to.
when i found out that he had a day job looking after small children it made his role that much creepier - sort of ironic in a way that this guy would be taking care of kids and then portraying a serial killer also

and i can only imagine how bizarre that must be to see yer cousin staring back at you in the midst of such a serious show
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links