TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion > 2014 Albums Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Your 10 favorite albums from 2014

Old 12-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #26
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your 10 favorite albums from 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Shit. I really like this. How are the other albums? I'll be getting this one.
They are all very good. This one is probably a little more guitar and riff driven and a little less indie-folk than their other albums, but it's still in the same general style. If you like this, I'd say you will like all of them. They seem to be one of those bands that can maintain quality across several albums.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #27
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
You can still stream the album here:

http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/wood...y_album_stream
First I have heard of this. So far, so good.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #28
.josh.

.josh. is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They are all very good. This one is probably a little more guitar and riff driven and a little less indie-folk than their other albums, but it's still in the same general style. If you like this, I'd say you will like all of them. They seem to be one of those bands that can maintain quality across several albums.
Agreed, though this is definitely my favourite album of theirs.

Also fantastic live!!
.josh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #29
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'll have to check them out. I am almost tempted to edit my list.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #30
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .josh. View Post
Agreed, though this is definitely my favourite album of theirs.

Also fantastic live!!
I'd love to see them live. Toronto to Sydney is a long way though, so probably not very likely. If I Don't Come Home You'll Know I've Gone has always been my favourite Wooden Sky album, but I agree, this one might be even better.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #31
plath

Listening to Sturgill Simpson off the back of this thread and in love. What a gem of an album!
Old 12-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #32
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Are we voting this year?

Mixtape??
Old 12-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #33
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post
Are we voting this year?

Mixtape??
Old 12-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #34
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

I put together a Spotify list last year of the top 10 albums. Would be fun to vote again