TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The Smashing Pumpkins Reissues

Old 04-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #226
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Reissues

Same here, Tim. This album is kind of a bookend to a period of my youth. Sophomore in High School...
Old 04-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #227
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Pumped.

This is the last one I really care about. I'll get Machina, but that's when Billy's song writing took a dive.
Yip. There are a few really good songs on Machina but it is patchy.

I'm looking forward to finally hearing that Rick Rubin produced Let Me Give The World To You on the Adore reissue. No doubt it won't be as good as I expect it to be, but anyway...
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:44 AM   #228
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

And hoping with Machina the final Metro show gets a release
Old 05-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #229
lukin
I'm talking ace

Not sure about this:
Quote:
Looking forward to the eventual reissue of a restored and recompiled MACHINA, work has begun on transfers from the original 24 track tapes, as well as a host of select live shows. The effort will be unprecedented for Smashing Pumpkins et al, as Billy Corgan has indicated plans to put the album not only in it’s original and intended double/triple album sequence, but has designs on commissioning new remixes of all materials as well. The intention he says is clear: to present MACHINA in the original form in which it was written; or in his words, ‘as a theatrical narrative.’

Other possibilities of coalescing the story exist: including the addition of extant materials such acoustic alternates, re-contextualized soundtrack pieces, and use of spoken word to create an immersive experience.”

“I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices,” Billy adds. “Finishing what the band started so long ago, and we just didn’t have the strength to end.”
Old 05-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #230
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Kinda Star Wars: special Edition vibe
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #231
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
Yeah. Kinda Star Wars: special Edition vibe
Exactly. I was going to mention George Lucas when I posted that.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #232
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Adore Reissue details out next week. Looking forward to that.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #233
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Adore Reissue details out next week. Looking forward to that.

Same.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #234
lukin
I'm talking ace

Ooh, exciting
Old 07-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #235
Tim Simmons

Old 07-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #236
JackStark211

That is AWESOME!!! Does a track listing exist.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #237
Tim Simmons

not yet. Probably tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #238
Tim Simmons

Disc 1 – Adore: Stereo Remastered
01. To Sheila
02. Ava Adore
03. Perfect
04. Daphne Descends
05. Once Upon a Time
06. Tear
07. Crestfallen
08. Appels + Oranjes
09. Pug
10. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete
11. Annie-Dog
12. Shame
13. Behold! the Night Mare
14. For Martha
15. Blank Page
16. 17

Disc 2 – Adore: Mono Remastered
01. To Sheila
02. Ava Adore
03. Perfect
04. Daphne Descends
05. Once Upon a Time
06. Tear
07. Crestfallen
08. Appels + Oranjes
09. Pug
10. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete
11. Annie-Dog
12. Shame
13. Behold! the Night Mare
14. For Martha
15. Blank Page

Disc 3: In a State of Passage
01. Blissed and Gone (Sadlands Demo)
02. Christmastime (Sadlands Demo)
03. My Mistake (Sadlands Demo)
04. Sparrow (Sadlands Demo)
05. Valentine (Sadlands Demo)
06. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (Sadlands Demo)
07. What If? (Streeterville Demo)
08. Chewing Gum (CRC Demo)
09. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (CRC Demo)
10. The Ethers Tragic (Instrumental/ 2014 Mix/ CRC Demo)
11. The Guns of Love Disastrous (Instrumental/ 2014 Mix/ CRC Demo)
12. Annie-Dog (Take 10/ CRC Demo)
13. Once in a While (2014 Mix/ CRC Demo)
14. Do You Close Your Eyes When You Kiss Me? (CRC Demo)
15. For Martha (Take 1/ CRC Demo)
16. My Mistake (Take 1/ CRC Demo)
17. Blissed and Gone (CRC Demo)
18. For Martha (Take 2/ Instrumental/ CRC Demo)

Disc 4: Chalices, Palaces and Deep Pools
01. For Martha (Symphonic Snippet/ Instrumental)
02. Crestfallen (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)
03. To Sheila (Early Banjo Version)
04. Ava Adore (Puffy Combs Remix 1998)
05. O Rio (Instrumental/ Sadlands Demo)
06. Waiting (Adore Outtake)
07. Once Upon a Time (Sadlands Demo)
08. Eye (2014 Mix/ From the ‘Lost Highway’ Soundtrack)
09. Saturnine (For Piano and Voice)
10. Cash Car Star (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)
11. Pug (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)
12. Perfect (No Strings Version)
13. It’s Alright (Instrumental/ Adore Outtake)
14. Czarina (Take 1/ Adore Outtake)
15. Indecision (Sadlands Demo)
16. Blank Page (Early Version)

Disc 5: Malice, Callous and Fools
01. Let Me Give the World to You (Adore Outtake)
02. Tear (From Digital Transfer)
03. Cross (Adore Outtake)
04. Because You Are (Adore B-Side)
05. Jersey Shore (Sadlands Demo)
06. Shame (Take 1)
07. Summer (Instrumental/ Adore Outtake)
08. Blissed and Gone (Drone Version)
09. Heaven (Instrumental/ Sadlands Demo)
10. Daphne Descends (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)
11. Saturnine (Matt Walker Reimagined/ 2014)
12. Behold! the Night Mare (Alternate Vocal)
13. Perfect (Acoustic Demo/ Adore Outtake)
14. Do You Close Your Eyes? (Adore Outtake)
15. The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning

Disc 6: Kissed Alive Too
01. Ava Adore (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)
02. Daphne Descends (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)
03. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)
04. Tear (Live/ Sao Paulo Session)
05. Shame (Live With Mancow/ Chicago)
06. Blank Page (Live With Mancow/ Chicago)
07. To Sheila (Live/ Nashville/ Ryman Auditorium)
08. Money (That’s What I Want) (Live/ Los Angeles/ Dodger Stadium)
09. X.Y.U. Medley (Live/ Los Angeles/ Dodger Stadium)
10. Transmission (Live/ Chicago/ Rehearsal)

Disc 7 – DVD: Fox Theater, Atlanta, GA – August 4, 1998
01. To Sheila
02. Behold! the Night Mare
03. Pug
04. Crestfallen
05. Ava Adore
06. Tear
07. Annie-Dog
08. Perfect
09. Thru the Eyes of Ruby
10. Tonight, Tonight
11. Once Upon a Time
12. The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete
13. Bullet with Butterfly Wings
14. Shame
15. For Martha
16. Blank Page
17. Transmission
Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 PM   #239
JackStark211

Do you folks know these tunes?
Old 08-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #240
lukin
I'm talking ace

Gotta say I prefer the Machina II version.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #241
Tim Simmons

I don't. The M2 version suffers from the same problem most of the Machina material does, that terrible guitar tone and mediocre production.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #242
Tim Simmons

Adore Reissue out next week.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #243
JackStark211

Quote:
Adore Reissue out next week.
Great news!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #244
Tim Simmons

Real nice
Old 09-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #245
Tim Simmons

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aeroplane-Fl...item23418eae30

this dude has TAFH vinyl box for $40. A steal.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #246
fr79

fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Tim Simmons;772464]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aeroplane-Fl...item23418eae30

this dude has TAFH vinyl box for $40. A steal.[/QUOTE

Ah great price but they seem reluctant to post outside of the US plus customs duty might hurt. Really want this.
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #247
tdlansdale

tdlansdale is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the Aeroplane deluxe CD/DVD package already OOP?
Amazon doesn't appear to stock it themselves.
I would love to have all of these reissues, but the money adds up quick.
I don't care about the albums being remastered at all, I just want to hear the bonus material.
tdlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #248
Tim Simmons

I can't imagine these are staying in print. It's possible it had a smaller run.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #249
Tim Simmons

Oldies has it.

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/5...FQET7Aodp3kAEA
Old 11-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #250
LP-Friend

LP-Friend has a spectacular aura about

See them next week in a record release club show

Anyone excited for Monuments To An Elegy?
LP-Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links