TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The Smashing Pumpkins Reissues

Old 11-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #251
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Reissues

Not really. But have fun!
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #252
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

TBH, Adore was the last SP album I loved. By Machina my heart had moved on, but there were some good songs between I&II. So I'll get that reissue. But after that, BC and I will part ways.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 AM   #253
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
TBH, Adore was the last SP album I loved. By Machina my heart had moved on, but there were some good songs between I&II. So I'll get that reissue. But after that, BC and I will part ways.
Pretty much this. They were my favourite band as a teenager, still love those records a lot, but I regard Machina II as the last Pumpkins album.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #254
Tim Simmons

Good christ. MCIS is 20 today.

For some reason this one is hitting me harder than all the albums I loved growing up turning 20.

Crazy.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #255
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Good christ. MCIS is 20 today.

For some reason this one is hitting me harder than all the albums I loved growing up turning 20.

Crazy.

My father bought me that album when I was sick with the flu on its release date.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #256
Tim Simmons

We had the day off from school(because freshman and sophomores had PSAT). I was 16. I drove to my local Best Buy and waited outside for 15 min until they opened. It was shitty sleety rainy fall weather (kinda perfect for the album). I stayed up late the night before to listen and record the release show the night before. I was the first customer in the store buying it and I played it all day. Most vivid album purchase of my life to this day. and I got 2 albums today.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #257
Tim Simmons

I don't think I'd put the album in my desert album top 10 today, but really it may be the most meaningful album of my life. Funny.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #258
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

That's awesome. I love memories of music. Cheers, Tim.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:12 AM   #259
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Yeah this album was a huge part of my life. Probably don't listen to it that much anymore but I'd still put it I'm my desert island list. I just couldn't live without it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #260
JackStark211

The album got me through my awkward years.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #261
Tim Simmons

Machina reissue on hold because of Record Label issues.

bummer.

My guess is, these other reissues didn't sell as well as hoped and the label doesn't want to throw alot of money to make 6CD sets.

Especially since he wants to go all out on Machina. My guess is he wants to do it up right like MCIS which was a pretty elaborate box unlike the rest of the sets.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #262
lukin
I'm talking ace

Big bummer. I was actually thinking about this in the last couple of days and how it was the one in most excited about (having a proper copy of Machina II would be great, maybe a DVD of the final 2000 show...). And then I got thinking of how he wanted to do that DVD at the time and the record company were dicks about it, and how they were dicks about Machina II as well and it made me think that since it's been a while since the Adore reissue and we haven't heard anything that maybe this is running into trouble too. As a completist it will hurt my soul if a reissue doesn't happen for this.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:50 PM   #263
Tim Simmons

I'm sure it will happen. Just not soon
Old 01-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #264
fr79

fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was also 16 when Mellon Collie came out, I borrowed it from my friend. I remember my parents telling me off because it was sitting beside my bed and had a price sticker of 15.99 GBP which is a lot of cash for a CD. It wasn't even my friends CD, it was his parents. Can't imagine spending that amount on a double CD nowadays.

I made do with a cassette copy for many years and got the deluxe vinyl, still in search of the official 3lp at a decent price but it is still going for crazy prices considering there was multiple pressings and they must have made close to 30,000.
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #265
lukin
I'm talking ace

So - James Iha eh?

http://www.spin.com/2016/03/smashing...6-years-video/
Old 03-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #266
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

I saw that! Must have been a crazy moment for diehard pumpkins fans.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #267
Tim Simmons

Original band recording a new album.

Releasing archival stuff on vinyl.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #268
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
Original band recording a new album.

Releasing archival stuff on vinyl.
Source? Before I get too excited.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:19 PM   #269
Tim Simmons

SP Facebook.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #270
Tim Simmons

Well, hes writing to record a new album.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #271
Tim Simmons

My guess is, they jam some stuff maybe lay some stuff down, but tour before they fully commit to recording. A reunited tour will bring big money. More than an album.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #272
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
My guess is, they jam some stuff maybe lay some stuff down, but tour before they fully commit to recording. A reunited tour will bring big money. More than an album.
Certainly would. I'd love to see the original lineup, I never got to see them first time around.

Would be nice if we could get the DVD of the final Metro show before they start touring again though. I've been waiting 16 years for that. Hopefully Machina reissue will happen soon too. I'm so impatient.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #273
wheelhousetunes

wheelhousetunes will become famous soon enough

If he can get back to writing songs like the first two albums, I'd be interested.

Otherwise, that's a band that dropped off my list real quick after loving their initial stuff.
wheelhousetunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #274
tdlansdale

tdlansdale is an unknown quantity at this point

I never saw where he flatly stated that the original band was recording together.
He has said that he did a solo album with Rick Rubin and it just needs to be mixed. Then again, I think he also said another Pumpkins album would closely follow the Monuments album and it never did.
tdlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:01 PM   #275
Tim Simmons

He said he has a batch of songs for a new SP record. He hinted that original members would be involved, but Jimmy is the only one who he named.
Sponsored Links