TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Bizarre Dawes Video

Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
Kris-tea

Kris-tea is on a distinguished road
Bizarre Dawes Video

Dawes released a new video for Roll With The Punches, a song that is seemingly about divorce or a bad break up. Weirdly, the video features Mandy Moore and Taylor Goldsmith, as if they are going through the divorce. A super weird video and I wonder what possessed him to put Mandy in it.
Kris-tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bizarre Dawes Video

drama baiting probably.
Tim Simmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Those pants.... never 4give, never 4get...

I'd rather try my luck with RA's ill fitting denim with nostalgia patches.

GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #4
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Hasn't Mandy been in other Dawes videos? Pretty sure she was in that terrible party song video.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
thunderoad
Real Gone

thunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of light

Am I the only one here that loves Dawes??
Old 02-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #6
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

They're probably great, but those pants.... they've kept me from checking them out.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #7
thunderoad
Real Gone

thunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of light

I really got into them on their previous release and then obsessively went back and fell in love with their older albums. The dude definitely carved out his own space in the great modern songwriters- I put him somewhere alongside RA and Conor Oberst. Keen eye for observational details that make the songs unique. It was weird when MM started showing up on the band's instagram, what are the chances?! Hope there's a second Middle Brother album soon.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #8
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderoad View Post
North Hills is a great album. New stuff? not so much.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #9
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
their sound tanked the second they dropped jonathan wilson.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #10
thunderoad
Real Gone

that's my least fave lol a bit snoozy
Old 02-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #11
yesterday'seyes
Joe

yesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to allyesterday'seyes is a name known to all

Quote:
Nope. Love them. Last album was a mixed bag but did have some gems.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #12
thunderoad
Real Gone

Great live band, more jammy than I expected, which was great. Crowd was kinda boring though. Uppity, nearing middle aged. I think I was having the most fun.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:08 AM   #13
WreckTangle

WreckTangle is on a distinguished road
New Dawes Video

Just watched the video for their new song. It features Mandy Moore "breaking up" with Taylor Goldsmith and literally splitting their property. Just found it interesting that the video was released this week...just as Prisoner was set to drop. It isn't a bad song...maybe a tad boring.
"Everything you ever touched is undisturbed and hangs out, Like crime scene evidence undisturbed in dust, I don't dare touch anything because it's evidence of us, And it means everything, Well sort of..."
WreckTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #14
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough
Re: New Dawes Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckTangle View Post
Just watched the video for their new song. It features Mandy Moore "breaking up" with Taylor Goldsmith and literally splitting their property. Just found it interesting that the video was released this week...just as Prisoner was set to drop. It isn't a bad song...maybe a tad boring.
All Dawes songs are a tad boring.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #15
WreckTangle

Re: New Dawes Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowd View Post
All Dawes songs are a tad boring.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
True!

I do like some of their stuff...but it sounds the same after awhile...
"Everything you ever touched is undisturbed and hangs out, Like crime scene evidence undisturbed in dust, I don't dare touch anything because it's evidence of us, And it means everything, Well sort of..."
Old 02-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #16
WreckTangle

Quote:
Great live band, more jammy than I expected, which was great. Crowd was kinda boring though. Uppity, nearing middle aged. I think I was having the most fun.
I do agree with this. I've seen them twice. First time they co-headlined with Blitzen Trapper and the second time they opened for Conor Oberst and then served as his backing group during his set.

I really enjoyed both shows...and yes...not what I expected. I was thinking more laid back...but they rock out and Taylor is a great guitar player.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #17
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 will become famous soon enough

Just watched this video.

Garbage. Can't believe they have regressed so much.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #18
Kris-tea

Kris-tea is on a distinguished road

I used to like Dawes quite a lot (they are great live) but I've found that their music is becoming really boring as time progresses. It's like slightly better than average adult contemporary. I think Taylor is a good songwriter but plays it too safe.
Kris-tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #19
thunderoad
Real Gone

yea I can see that. I feel the opposite haha, i find their first album MOR sleepy folk. Aside from that dumb tequila song, I think lyrics on last two albums are some of his best. Seems to have honed down on his strengths.