TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion > Tour Discussion > Archive > 2009
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia (January 29, 2009)

Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #26
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of
Re: Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia (January 29, 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post
Ferris, do you have good seats for this one?
not sure, i have to pick my ticket up there. i think it's GA though.
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #27
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris wheel junkie View Post
i think it was some kind of australia day "force people to be patriotic and listen to australian music" thing. i don't think the cardinals booked it, i think it was separate.
Yucko. Mind you Stringbark sounds suspiciously like Australiana as well. Hopefully not.

And Rosie, he had openers for the Easy Tiger tour, but not for Cold Roses (I think).
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
not sure, i have to pick my ticket up there. i think it's GA though.
GA's split up into front standing and back standing. I think you might have back standing...unless tickets sold really badly...
Old 01-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #29
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

The support band does not sound at all appealing
Old 01-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #30
the virginian
tby intelligentsia

the virginian has a spectacular aura aboutthe virginian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
australian folk music is not that good. we got such hits as "tie me kangaroo down" (wtf does that even mean? some bizarre s&m bestiality thing? ew), that song about gum trees and plum trees...

So much for exploring Aussie folk music.
the virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #31
Il Gingerino

Il Gingerino is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
GA's split up into front standing and back standing. I think you might have back standing...unless tickets sold really badly...
The Enmore's good because it doesn't matter where you are on the floor you get a good view. I've got front section though kinda wish I had back, it's easier for a cheeky mid-set sprint to the bar...and after a few of those, an easier mid-set (faster) sprint for the toilets.
Il Gingerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #32
p7panthers

p7panthers is an unknown quantity at this point

I absolutely can't wait for tonight's show!! Definitely regretted not going last time he toured here in Sydney..even though many thought it wasn't worth it. Hopefully this time around he'll show the people what he is truly about.
p7panthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:29 AM   #33
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

The setlist is being posted over at RAA. So far:
Quote:
On 9.00

Stars in blue
Two
Let it ride
Fix it
Everybody knows
Magik
Wonderwall
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:51 AM   #34
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Again, from RAA:

Quote:
Come pick of up
New york new york (wtf!)
WTF exactly. Although I would probably reverse that to be FTW!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:01 AM   #35
lukin
I'm talking ace

Actually, I'll just post it in one and edit it as I go.

Quote:
On 9.00

When The Stars Go Blue
Two
Let It Ride
Fix It
Everybody Knows
Magick
Wonderwall
Come Pick Me Up
New York, New York
La Cienega Just Smiled
Freeway to the Canyon
The Sun Also Sets
Evergreen
Rescue Blues
Let Us Down Easy
Born Into a Light
Oh My Sweet Carolina
Shakedown on 9th St >
Peaceful Valley >
Goodnight Rose (brilliant)
Cobwebs

Off stage 10.55

Last edited by lukin; 01-29-2009 at 06:20 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #36
lukin
I'm talking ace

So that seems like it's it. Quite surprising setlist - 3 from Heartbreaker and 4 from Gold - didn't see that coming. Only 1 each from LIH, Cold Roses and JCN though. Thought that the set might have been a bit longer than that.

Will be interesting to see what the reviews are like. The drastically differing setlists makes me really pleased I'm going to more than one show.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:34 AM   #37
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

wow! I'm jealous! Sure, the setlist could've been longer, but I'd take it for sure, with the NYNY, Oh My Sweet Carolina, and only the second live Let Us Down Easy.

I hope Sweet Carolina keeps popping up in setlists... I think I even said something silly at one point like one of my new year's resolutions for '09 was to see that live.

I have to say, I am REALLY glad to see that they are mixing it up and even bringing back things that haven't been played in a long time. It'd be too easy - and disappointing - if they didn't seem to put in any new effort since there's supposedly limited time left for the band. I give the boys props for this for sure.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #38
lukin
I'm talking ace

Sydney graph added
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sydney Graph.jpg (12.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-29-2009, 06:38 AM   #39
Starlite
Yay.

Wow, the show was amazing!
The audience was extremely appreciative and the band (Ryan) noticed acknowledged how wonderful the crowd was. The audience did start to get a bit rowdy about just before Shakedown, but Ryan was in a happy mood all night. He even told us about his experience with mushrooms (years ago!) that made him feel like he was levitating while playing harmonica on Oh My Sweet Carolina.
The crowd was happy, the band was happy and it was a wonderful show.

I have a feeling that all the big hits were pulled out of the bag to appease the Sydney crowd after the catastrophic show last year...not that I'm complaining - I got to hear Come Pick Me Up and Oh My Sweet Carolina!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 AM   #40
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Have fun ladies
Oh, C, you missed out on a stellar show They even played Shakedown!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 AM   #41
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
I have a feeling that all the big hits were pulled out of the bag to appease the Sydney crowd after the catastrophic show last year...not that I'm complaining - I got to hear Come Pick Me Up and Oh My Sweet Carolina!!!
I had thought that might be the reason too. I was afraid that I won't get to hear Come Pick Me Up at one of the NZ shows since he hadn't played it on this leg yet, but now I can still hold out hope.

Glad you enjoyed the show. What did NY, NY sound like?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #42
lukin
I'm talking ace

And I'm assuming they played straight through, no set break or encore break?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #43
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I had thought that might be the reason too. I was afraid that I won't get to hear Come Pick Me Up at one of the NZ shows since he hadn't played it on this leg yet, but now I can still hold out hope.

Glad you enjoyed the show. What did NY, NY sound like?
Thanks, L.

NY, NY was great. It was a slowed down version, but nowhere as slow or mellow as at the Ludwigshafen show.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #44
Starlite
Yay.

No, no breaks at all and no encore.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #45
Starlite
Yay.

I spoke to a couple of guys at the sound desk after the show - we can expect at least one SBD recording to emerge on RAA soon
Old 01-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #46
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
I spoke to a couple of guys at the sound desk after the show - we can expect at least one SBD recording to emerge on RAA soon
AWESOME!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #47
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Glad with was a good show. He's doing you guys proud. He may be an asshole most of the time but he can put on a good performance when he tries. Bless him.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #48
Starlite
Yay.

Here's my video of the improv song:

and a photo:

Last edited by Starlite; 01-29-2009 at 08:08 AM..
Starlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 AM   #49
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
yep, I know my friend cheyne (ant5marching on here & RAA) is taping several of the aussie shows, including the fremantle & today's. I think he'll be at the 2 melbournes too, if I remember correctly.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #50
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, I would be pleased with that set list
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links