TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Mitch Hedberg - Do you believe in Gosh?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold
Mitch Hedberg - Do you believe in Gosh?

Released Sept. 9. I am downloading it as we speak. If you haven't heard of Mitch Hedberg but you like comedy, you should check him out. He was my favorite.

Quote:
Recorded two months prior to his death, "Do You Believe In Gosh?" contains nearly 40 minutes of previously unreleased stand-up material. The CD captures most of the material Hedberg was working on, for what would have been his next full-length album, in a free-form show with a large amount of audience interaction. Listeners can expect the same bizarre one-liners like, “Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool apoatmus?” delivered in the drawly, good-natured way only Hedberg could pull off. Hedberg gives his unique point of view on such topics as the headless horseman, Medusa, whom he refers to as the “snake-haired bitch” and squirrels on water skis. Also included in the CD package is a booklet including never-before-seen photos and excerpts from Hedberg’s private journals. The CD pulses with Hedberg’s unique wit and spirit and is a document of a comedy master. Produced by Jack Vaughn
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mitch Hedberg - Do you believe in Gosh?

Yeah, I used to love his stuff whenever he was on various late night shows I used to watch.

I was really sad when I heard he had died....one of the funniest stand-ups in recent memory, that's for sure.

I remember he had a super-small cameo in Almost Famous (during the poker scene...he played another band's tour manager).

Is it just me, or does alot of Ryan's old stage banter (2005, mostly) sound very similar to Mitch Hedberg's style?
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

I can see that, yeah.

I was really sad when he died too. I kind of think of him as the Kurt Cobain of comedy.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Someone even posted in the comments there, that Ryan had been possessed by the spirit of Mitch Hedberg.

And, yeah...I agree that he is like the Cobain of comedy....didn't play by the 'rules', and did his own thing, as well as both of them dying so young, in such tragic ways.

So sad.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Kirsten
underfootsquished

Kirsten is a jewel in the roughKirsten is a jewel in the rough

I adore Mitch and I miss him a lot. I am pretty sure that at one point Ryan was wanting to tour with Mitch. Anybody else remember something like that?
Kirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
I adore Mitch and I miss him a lot. I am pretty sure that at one point Ryan was wanting to tour with Mitch. Anybody else remember something like that?
I remember that. Don't remember where, but it was a great idea.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
I never knew that. I would have loved that tour.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Oh, I would have bought the shit out of tickets to that tour.

I have been quoting mitch all weekend. My favorite is the one that all my friends think is lame as fuck, but I am always saying to them, "Plus, if I ripped your legs off, you would look like snowmen."
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Hahaha, yes about the ants.

I love the one about winning the lottery... let me find it.

Quote:
the other day i saw a billboard for the lottery. it said, "estimated lottery jackpot 55 million dollars." i did not know that was estimated. that would suck if you won and they said, "oh, we were off by two zeroes. we estimate that you are angry."
Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #10
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

I used to listen to Hedberg's albums on road trips. Some of my favorites (mostly paraphrased):

"I bought a parrot. The parrot talked. But it did not say 'I'm hungry', so it died."

"I like dreaming, but dreaming takes work. I'd like to dream of me watching myself sleep, but it doesn't work that way. There I am, lying in my comfortable bed, and the next thing I know I'm building a go kart with my ex-landlord."

"I hate arrows. They always try to tell me where to go and I'm like, 'Screw you, line with two-thirds of a triangle at the end'. It would suck if an arrow killed you. They would never solve the crime. 'Look at that dead guy. Let's go that way'."
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #11
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I love on this new one, the "I got somethin' for that pipe!" bit.

"I bet you do! But don't think about the fact that there might be police a-round!"

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #12
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishellmay View Post
I used to listen to Hedberg's albums on road trips. Some of my favorites (mostly paraphrased):

"I bought a parrot. The parrot talked. But it did not say 'I'm hungry', so it died."

"I like dreaming, but dreaming takes work. I'd like to dream of me watching myself sleep, but it doesn't work that way. There I am, lying in my comfortable bed, and the next thing I know I'm building a go kart with my ex-landlord."

"I hate arrows. They always try to tell me where to go and I'm like, 'Screw you, line with two-thirds of a triangle at the end'. It would suck if an arrow killed you. They would never solve the crime. 'Look at that dead guy. Let's go that way'."
Ha. Kirsten and I listened to that one on our Madison roadtrip.
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links