TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town box set

Old 02-14-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town box set

Assuming this info is correct, I am so buying this.

Quote:
Although few details have been revealed about Bruce Springsteen's upcoming boxed set commemorating the 30th anniversary of his album Darkness On The Edge Of Town, some solid confirmation has leaked out.

The British Springsteen fan site Stone Pony London (spl-messages.net) quoted noted Springsteen photographer Frank Stefanko, who shot both covers for both Darkness On the Edge Of Town and The River, as saying that he had been interviewed for a Springsteen-produced documentary on the album. Stefanko added that the project will contain live concert footage that will "blow us away," and that the project will be released sometime between "June and December" of this year.

Recorded between June 1977 and April 1978, the album's sessions generated dozens of outtakes, as well as songs that went on to become successful for other artists, including "Fire" for the Pointer Sisters, "Because The Night" for Patti Smith, and "Rendezvous" for Greg Kihn and later Gary "U.S." Bonds.

The recording of Darkness On The Edge Of Town, which was the followup to Springsteen's 1975 album Born To Run, was blocked for a year while Springsteen was in litigation with his former manager and producer Mike Appel. Appel's suit barred Springsteen from recording with future manager and producer Jon Landau.

Springsteen has included the songs from Darkness On The Edge Of Town in his concert setlists far more than any other album, including such songs as the title track, "Badlands," "Candy's Room," Factory," "Racing In The Streets," "The Promised Land," "Adam Raised a Cain," and "Prove It All Night."

Springsteen's 30th anniversary boxed set of Born To Run featured a remastered version of the album, with a CD featuring a miniature reproduction of the album's artwork, a 48-page booklet, the Grammy award winning documentary on the making of the album Wings For Wheels, and a concert DVD Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band /Hammersmith Odeon 1975.

Although there has been no official word on what form the Darkness retrospective will take, there have been rumors that the set will feature a remixed and remastered version of the album, the documentary, and a full concert from Springsteen's 1978 tour, during which a half dozen shows were professionally filmed.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of
Re: Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town box set

Only just seen this.

I hope it's for real because this is my absolute favourite Bruce record. A couple of CDs with all the outtakes would be nice for this boxset.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Any more news on this?

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Aw dood. You got me all excited.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, me too.

And no, I haven't heard anything else about it. I might look around cyberworld today and see what I can find.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
Kirsten
underfootsquished

Kirsten is a jewel in the roughKirsten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Damn, me too.

And no, I haven't heard anything else about it. I might look around cyberworld today and see what I can find.
There's really not been any meaningful news about it on the message boards.
Kirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
There's really not been any meaningful news about it on the message boards.
Thanks Kirsten...I guess this one is a wait and see.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

It's happening.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

This makes me very happy. That snippet of the documentary looks fantastic - Bruce and Steve mucking around and basically creating Sherry Darling for a laugh.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Spoiler:
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

The Promise live.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Izzy Eviel
I know

Izzy Eviel is just really niceIzzy Eviel is just really nice

I got this for Xmas, it is such a nice product. Yet to find a song I don't like.
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you
Izzy Eviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links