TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

NBA Playoffs

Old 04-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
andyo812

andyo812 will become famous soon enough
NBA Playoffs

Anyone else have an interest? I follow the Bucks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NBA Playoffs

Hoping the Bucks end their one and done streak, but I'd be more hopeful if we still had Jabari out there.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #3
andyo812

Tough one. Still good to steal one on the road.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
an old love letter

an old love letter is a jewel in the roughan old love letter is a jewel in the rough

Yeah definitely

Go Dubs
Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #5
andyo812

Ew. I actually think the Wizards are a good team though. Maybe you meant Warriors, lol. Idk.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #6
an old love letter

an old love letter is a jewel in the roughan old love letter is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
Ew. I actually think the Wizards are a good team though. Maybe you meant Warriors, lol. Idk.

No I'm a warriors fan lol

It sucks now because of the bandwagoners. I had to suffer to get to this point lmao. The biggest highlight before 2015 was the Baron davis 8 seeded upset of Dallas.

Them and the A's killing my soul as long as I've been alive.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #7
andyo812

Man Baron Davis was great

Old 04-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #8
an old love letter

Haha

He was a lot of fun, him and j-rich
Old 04-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #9
Space Pirate
cosmonaut

Space Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by an old love letter View Post
No I'm a warriors fan lol

It sucks now because of the bandwagoners. I had to suffer to get to this point lmao. The biggest highlight before 2015 was the Baron davis 8 seeded upset of Dallas.

Them and the A's killing my soul as long as I've been alive.
That was a great series. Prime Nellie ball. Probably the best series of that post-season.

Don't really follow the NBA much anymore. Its turned into WWE for me. I think the 06 Finals where the rigging was just so obvious killed the last of my NBA fandom. If you so much as breathed on Wade it was free throw time. As a Suns fan, having the Mavs beat them that year and then get screwed like that was tough to swallow. I still watched but no longer really cared about the outcome. Last season I watched fairly consistently was 2009-10.

Was a big (still am but hes past his prime) Ginobili fan so I mainly watched Spurs games after that.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #10
an old love letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pirate View Post
That was a great series. Prime Nellie ball. Probably the best series of that post-season.

Don't really follow the NBA much anymore. Its turned into WWE for me. I think the 06 Finals where the rigging was just so obvious killed the last of my NBA fandom. If you so much as breathed on Wade it was free throw time. As a Suns fan, having the Mavs beat them that year and then get screwed like that was tough to swallow. I still watched but no longer really cared about the outcome. Last season I watched fairly consistently was 2009-10.

Was a big (still am but hes past his prime) Ginobili fan so I mainly watched Spurs games after that.
I totally know what you mean. And if the dubs didn't develop into what they were I wouldn't watch as much either for that exact reason.

It's funny how things have changed just since the 2013-2014 I went to that GS/OKC where iguodala hit that game winner from the baseline. And KD and Westbrook were getting every call in sight-- the loudest refs you suck chant I have ever heard that night at the oracle. But man that crowd-- only time I've witnessed a buzzer beater but that was fucking electric considering Westbrook hit a three just seconds before to take the lead.

I'm pretty found of ginobili as well he's a good dude
Old 04-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
Space Pirate
cosmonaut

Space Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by an old love letter View Post
I totally know what you mean. And if the dubs didn't develop into what they were I wouldn't watch as much either for that exact reason.

It's funny how things have changed just since the 2013-2014 I went to that GS/OKC where iguodala hit that game winner from the baseline. And KD and Westbrook were getting every call in sight-- the loudest refs you suck chant I have ever heard that night at the oracle. But man that crowd-- only time I've witnessed a buzzer beater but that was fucking electric considering Westbrook hit a three just seconds before to take the lead.

I'm pretty found of ginobili as well he's a good dude
I remember that game. Im sure being there was crazy. Warriors have always had great home crowds, even in the lean years. I agree. I think the 2014 postseason is the last I watched all the way through bc its just gotten too much like a staged product. Seeing Spurs get revenge that year was kinda cool after the insanity of the previous year, but I feel like Spurs wouldn't get as much love from the refs if they werent good for globalization of the NBA and all that with so many foreign players. The league sees them and thinks $$$. I always have had a soft spot for the Suns, and the Spurs and Mavs ruined a lot of imo championship contender teams runs (due to the greatness of Timmy, Parker, and Gino but also some questionable whistles and suspentions) but Ginobili is one of my fav players ever. In his prime, he was a joy to watch, especially for a lefty. Top 10 for me in terms of entertainment and skills.

NBA's just changed so much since when I got into bball as a kid. Its gotten so defense is no longer really a part of the game. I mean to an extent all that started in the 90s with star treatment and the "Jordan rules" but I feel like since Adam Silver took over the league it has gotten substantially worse. Scoring is WAY up compared to even a decade ago. Its kind of a no brainer why, they have softened the game up.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #12
an old love letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pirate View Post
I remember that game. Im sure being there was crazy. Warriors have always had great home crowds, even in the lean years. I agree. I think the 2014 postseason is the last I watched all the way through bc its just gotten too much like a staged product. Seeing Spurs get revenge that year was kinda cool after the insanity of the previous year, but I feel like Spurs wouldn't get as much love from the refs if they werent good for globalization of the NBA and all that with so many foreign players. The league sees them and thinks $$$. I always have had a soft spot for the Suns, and the Spurs and Mavs ruined a lot of imo championship contender teams runs (due to the greatness of Timmy, Parker, and Gino but also some questionable whistles and suspentions) but Ginobili is one of my fav players ever. In his prime, he was a joy to watch, especially for a lefty. Top 10 for me in terms of entertainment and skills.

NBA's just changed so much since when I got into bball as a kid. Its gotten so defense is no longer really a part of the game. I mean to an extent all that started in the 90s with star treatment and the "Jordan rules" but I feel like since Adam Silver took over the league it has gotten substantially worse. Scoring is WAY up compared to even a decade ago. Its kind of a no brainer why, they have softened the game up.
Yeah Oakland crowds are great. I love going to A's game--nowhere no other group of fans have a better time than A's fans out in the bleachers. Doesn't matter the attendance.

Yeah I wish more defense was played. I've loved the emergence of three point shooting but you're absolutely right about Silver.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #13
andyo812

Lesss go

Old 04-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #14
an old love letter

Go go giannis
Old 04-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #15
an old love letter

How do the raptors only have 41 points through 32 minutes
Old 04-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #16
andyo812

That was a beat down.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #17
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Total domination from start to finish.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #18
andyo812

Those shirts were cool, I shouldve gone.

Sponsored Links