TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion > 2016 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Margo Price - Midwest Farmer's Daughter (Mar 25)

Old 03-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Margo Price - Midwest Farmer's Daughter (Mar 25)

Probably up TBY's alley

Old 03-30-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Margo Price - Midwest Farmer's Daughter (Mar 25)

Quote:
We hear so much about the cultural battle for Nashville's SOUL these days, and whereas yes, it's true there are more condos then ever before and you're less likely to know the folks eating the open faced roast beef sandwich next to you at Rotier's, there is little denying that there are things about this funny little town that will never change simply because they are part of our DNA.

Hard work, stick-to-it-ivness, grit, and pristine musicality drenched in real life experience from the school of hard knocks... THAT'S Nashville. That's Country Music. That, ladies and gentleman is MARGO PRICE, and we here at Third Man Records are damn proud to announce that we'll be releasing Margo Price & The Pricetags debut album Midwest Farmer's Daughter.

And, while we could wax poetic for days about how much we love this record (and how we think Margo is here to save us all from the Starbucking of America with her stupefying voice that could tumble buildings and how her songs have one foot firmly planted in Nashville's past and their whole heart somehow gracefully existing in 2015), instead we'll let the music do the talking.
http://thirdmanstore.com/margo-price...rmers-daughter
Old 03-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #3
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Yeah, I've been meaning to give this a listen. Did you like it?
Old 03-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Rob
Administrator

It's a little too twangy for my current tastes, but I think it's good for that genre.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:52 PM   #5
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

I'm liking the stripped down aspect of it. Good bass work so far setting a nice pace, though the middle is kind of dragging a bit. Steel guitars are a bit of a novelty at this point in country music; not offensive to the ears here though.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #6
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

I finally got around to listening to this. I was scared it was going to be a hokey/phony parody of country like Kacey Musgraves, which is why I avoided it for so long. But, this I actually like.

Of course, my little shit-kicking heart loves some twang (including/especially steel).
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:27 PM   #7
sleigher

sleigher is a jewel in the roughsleigher is a jewel in the rough

applaud her for taking on bro country
sleigher is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links