TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Tour Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Best of Cardinology Live, Recommendations?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
gsmile
The Mass Dullness

gsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to all
Best of Cardinology Live, Recommendations?

I don't regularly download Ryan concerts, so I'm looking for some help with recommendations on shows that showcase the Cardinology songs in the best light. I know they're not the best batch of songs, but I'm looking for some honest opinions on which shows from Fall-Winter 08 and early 2009 are the best, performance-wise and sound quality-wise. Specifically, I'm looking for the best high quality performances of Cardinology songs so I can put together my own alternate version of that album.

Thanks in advance!
gsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future
Re: Best of Cardinology Live, Recommendations?

I think Dublin from Fall '08 is a good start - Crossed Out Name is especially strong there. I also think the Wellmont (Montclair, NJ) show from February 2009 was great, though the fall shows were more Cardinology-heavy than the early '09 ones.

One of my favorites from Fall '08 was Halloween (this recording). I remember loving "Born Into a Light" that night. But there's no SBD of that night. The AUD I linked to is great though, and far superior to the first one that circulated.

I'll have to go listen to my shows from Fall -08 one of these days and try to pick out some more versions for you. I hit up a fair number of shows that fall (6 between 8/23/08 and 10/31/08) so I'm having some trouble sorting them all out in my head!

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

oh and if you want "Color of Pain," Boston on 9/7/08 is the only time it was played, so you're stuck with that. I didn't think all that much of it, but if you're a completist..

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
gsmile
The Mass Dullness

gsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to all

Thanks La! I'll download these shows and check em out once I get home from work! Color of Pain doesn't interest me too much, the b side version was alright but even then, I think it should have been on the album along with the other tracks (Heavy Orange, Asteroid, Memory Lane). Would have made for a better album definitely. Heavy Orange could have easily replaced Magick as the token "rawk" song. Waaaay better song and maybe the best of the whole sessions.
gsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

I love Heavy Orange and Asteroid....I play both of those songs tons more than anything else off of Cardinology.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Wayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Mountain View Post
I love Heavy Orange and Asteroid....I play both of those songs tons more than anything else off of Cardinology.
Agreed
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
wonderwheel

wonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
I think Dublin from Fall '08 is a good start - Crossed Out Name is especially strong there.
what she said. best c-ology era show i've heard.
wonderwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #8
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

c-ology?
it's a tricky one to abbreviate
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
I think Dublin from Fall '08 is a good start - Crossed Out Name is especially strong there. I also think the Wellmont (Montclair, NJ) show from February 2009 was great, though the fall shows were more Cardinology-heavy than the early '09 ones.
spot on with that recommendation, it's a great version!
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to all

and me and lbsunflwr made this compilation on here:
http://ryanadamsarchive.com/showthre...442#post265442

here's the tracklist

Cardinology Live Compilation
------------------------------------
Compiled by : LBSUNFLWR & thebalvenie

Compiled For www.ryanadamsarchive.com

1. Born Into A Light (11-8-2008 Dublin)
2. Go Easy (9-26-2008 Syracuse)
3. Fix It (10-13-2008 Austin)
4. Magick (2-22-2009 Montclair)
5. Cobwebs (10-4-2008 St. Louis)
6. Let Us Down Easy (1-29-2009 Sydney)
7. Crossed Out Name (9-29-2008 Columbus)
8. Natural Ghost (1-27-2009 Brisbane)
9. Sink Ships (11-16-2008 Cambridge)
10. Evergreen (11-14-2008 Edinburgh)
11. Like Yesterday (8-23-2008 San Francisco)
12. Stop (11-13-2008 Leeds)
***Bonus***
13. Cobwebs (11-6-2008 Amsterdam)
14. Fix it (1-13-2009 XM Radio)
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links