TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Suggestions and Questions
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Fun Analysis

Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of
Fun Analysis

I suppose this question is mostly geared towards Rob.

Of the 4,652 members on the board, the statistics define 3,623 as "active."

How is "active member defined?"

How many of these usernames are actually people and not bots/crawlers?

Do you get any activity statistics from the accounts that register and never post?

Just curious as to how much information can be gleaned from the inside about these members.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
robotulism
not really here

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future
Re: Fun Analysis

I'd guess at least a third are bots. Wasn't it a big deal a while ago when we hit 2,000 members, brad201 or blake201 or something? I think La nominated him for mod.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Go to Members List, sort by join date (most recent first) and the usernames make it pretty obvious they're bots. Has it been worse lately? Look how many signed up on the 15th Jan.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
I suppose this question is mostly geared towards Rob.

Of the 4,652 members on the board, the statistics define 3,623 as "active."

How is "active member defined?"

How many of these usernames are actually people and not bots/crawlers?

Do you get any activity statistics from the accounts that register and never post?

Just curious as to how much information can be gleaned from the inside about these members.
Sorry I forgot to reply to this.

Right now, the active member cut off time is set at 180 days. I would guess that 90% of the Active Users are spammers/bots, however this number should go down soon as the new security questions that are in place seem to be working better than the previous system.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

I also periodically purge users in the banned usergroup, so the member count can at times go down.