TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > The National Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

New Single: Sunshine on My Back

Old 04-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
New Single: Sunshine on My Back

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/su...le/id981920712

Spotify:
https://play.spotify.com/album/2ivssRWgsZ3X0D6g9goT7D
Old 04-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of
Re: New Single: Sunshine on My Back

welp. this just made my day.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

I really don't think I've hit purchase on something so quickly before.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The song features Sharon Van Etten on vocals. It was recorded during the sessions for Trouble Will Find Me, and comes with every rental or purchase of the Mistaken for Strangers documentary through the digital distributor VHX
http://pitchfork.com/news/59095-the-...ne-on-my-back/
Old 04-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
thesewoodenideas

thesewoodenideas will become famous soon enough

Wow what a weird way to release a song. Sucks that anyone who bought the dvd of Mistaken for Strangers ages ago don't get this but rent it/buy it from a random site and you do lol.
thesewoodenideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Good tune
Old 04-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #7
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post
I really don't think I've hit purchase on something so quickly before.
Same here. I got the email overnight while I was asleep and I had purchased it and was listening to it before I'd even properly woken up.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #8
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

I was so bored by this song that I turned it off half way through. Massive National fan, but their next album NEEDS to be different. My hope is aggressive/raw different, but I'll take anything over the late High Violet/Trouble Will Find Me sound they've been mining for too long now.
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:41 AM   #9
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

High Violet is a great album. Trouble is boring to me now. I still need to hear this tune.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #10
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

I love High Violet A LOT, but yeah, they ran that sound out on Trouble and things just got bland and meh. Still some good songs on their (that go off live), but the production and sameyness kinda kill them in the context of the album.
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links