The Vinyl Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #1526
fr79

fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Vinyl Thread

For me after a quick look:
Iron & Wine LP
PJ 7"
Springsteen 4 LP (Great record but too expensive)
Evan Dando LP (always kicked myself for not buying it when it came out)
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #1527
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

I swear the list of RSD releases gets worse every year which is kind of ok with me because otherwise I spend too much. The PJ one is the only one I'd like. That's the sort of record that should be coming out for RSD - two classic tracks which aren't on their studio albums, makes sense. Who the fuck wants a Thomas the Tank Engine record? Beatles completists?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #1528
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

My kids.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #1529
SlowMovinOutlaw

SlowMovinOutlaw will become famous soon enough

Townes live at ACL and Bronx Tale sdtrk... yes! And how is that Waylon limited to 250 copies? Isbell will be good too
SlowMovinOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #1530
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I swear the list of RSD releases gets worse every year which is kind of ok with me because otherwise I spend too much. The PJ one is the only one I'd like. That's the sort of record that should be coming out for RSD - two classic tracks which aren't on their studio albums, makes sense. Who the fuck wants a Thomas the Tank Engine record? Beatles completists?

"They're 2, they're 4, they're 6, they're 8
fuelled on alcohol and hate
they'll call you names and beat you too
they're the really abuseful crew
Topham Hatt's got ho's to pay
round Tidmouth Sheds not far away
drunk as fuck and round the bend
Thomas and his friends"

You wouldn't want that on 458g virgin vinyl?
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #1531
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
"They're 2, they're 4, they're 6, they're 8
fuelled on alcohol and hate
they'll call you names and beat you too
they're the really abuseful crew
Topham Hatt's got ho's to pay
round Tidmouth Sheds not far away
drunk as fuck and round the bend
Thomas and his friends"

You wouldn't want that on 458g virgin vinyl?
Haha! Ok, you've sold me!

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #1532
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

GS Jr. doesn't watch Thomas anymore, but when he did, I saw so much of it that I had to come up with parody lyrics to stay sane.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:54 AM   #1533
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMovinOutlaw View Post
Townes live at ACL and Bronx Tale sdtrk... yes! And how is that Waylon limited to 250 copies? Isbell will be good too
Because it's the EU list, I'm guessing Europe is getting 250. The numbers may be different for the US
Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #1534
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Getting this, Tims?

Old 03-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #1535
Tim Simmons

Yeah, about 5 min after the tweet announcing it. Unfortunately I had to sign up for another month. Rumor is Demon Days is the April record, so that's fine, but if it's something else, I'm screwed.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #1536
Tim Simmons

I forgot they did Cherry Tree a few years ago.

I assume they'll do s/t at some point.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #1537
Tim Simmons

Already have a OP of Demon days, But since its a new cut, I'm down. Its a great album.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #1538
Tim Simmons

RSD list officially out today.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #1539
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
First pass

Alice In Chains 2x7"
Animal Collective 10"
Iron and Wine LP
Jason Isbell EP
PJ 7"
DMB box set
Also, fuck that AC release. Its just Geo and Avey. Pass.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #1540
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

things I see from RSD release:

1. Ben Folds feat. West Australian Symphony Orchestra – Live In Perth [2LP] (150 Gram, download, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive)
2. Blitzen Trapper – Unreleased Recordings Vol. 1 [LP] (limited, indie-retail exclusive)
3. Dave Matthews Band – Live At Red Rocks 8.15.95 [4LP Boxset] (150 Gram Metallic Silver Vinyl, download, limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive)
4. Drive By Truckers – Live In Studio, New York, NY 12/07/16 [LP] (Clear Vinyl, limited to 3530, indie-retail exclusive)
5. Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit – Live From Welcome To 1979 [12”] (limited, indie-retail exclusive)
6. Townes Van Zandt – Live At Austin City Limits [LP] (limited to 2500, indie-retail exclusive)

Will likely not end up with any of them, but those would be my picks
Old 03-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #1541
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

What burns me is my local record store closed so I would have to make at least a 3 hour drive just to pick up any of this shit.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #1542
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr79 View Post
For me after a quick look:
Iron & Wine LP
PJ 7"
Springsteen 4 LP (Great record but too expensive)
Evan Dando LP (always kicked myself for not buying it when it came out)
wait...the dando self-titled LP? HELL YES.

edit: forgot it was titled baby i'm bored...2xlp even!!!
Old 03-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #1543
an old love letter

an old love letter is a jewel in the roughan old love letter is a jewel in the rough

Townes van zandt is the most appealing to me
The cure acoustic and isbell maybe
Definitely the smiths the boy with the thorn in his side

Mostly underwhelming for me anyways
Old 03-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #1544
sleigher

sleigher is an unknown quantity at this point

superchunk / cup of sand 3xlp

[with three extra tracks]
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
collecting, music, records, vinyl, vinyl(s)