TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

Old 07-13-2018, 08:45 PM   #76
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
Re: Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

do people actually like her music?
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #77
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

Sad part is you know Ryan probably saw this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #78
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

(but Iím not familiar with him shitting on her career, voice , etc.)

sounds like something heíd do, lol.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #79
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
do people actually like her music?
I find myself asking the same question about Ryan's last few albums.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #80
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
I find myself asking the same question about Ryan's last few albums.
ashes and fire is the most recent that gets the most spins
Old 07-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #81
Shadowlands96

Shadowlands96 is on a distinguished road

I donít begrudge anyone their creative pursuits, but I think itís fair to say acting is her forte. Likewise, I donít think many people would contend Ryanís comics surpass his music or, say, Josh Ritterís painting his music.
Shadowlands96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #82
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands96 View Post
I donít begrudge anyone their creative pursuits, but I think itís fair to say acting is her forte. Likewise, I donít think many people would contend Ryanís comics surpass his music or, say, Josh Ritterís painting his music.
fair enough - but whenever i think of keanu reeves the first thing to come to mind is dogstar and then later on that matrix movie
Old 07-29-2018, 11:20 AM   #83
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

New feud with Frightened Rabbit, which is a bit of a bummer considering they're pretty big fans of his, and are obviously dealing with the death of Scott.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlzdMrzF...=doingitverbal

Ryan apologized, but FR is still pretty sore about the whole thing.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:21 PM   #84
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

What was said? All I saw was him express condolences and reminisce about Newport FF.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #85
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I am always amazed that he never lets shit slide.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #86
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Newport set up a spot this year for people to write messages for FR in rememberance of Scott. FR tweeted out that they enjoyed their last time at Newport, and made reference to Ryan remembering it. FR played at the same time as Ryanís Stringdusters show, and the sound bled over. Ryan took their comment to be an insult, which it wasnít, and went off with those DMs. Grant from FR tried to smooth things over, but Ryan blocked them.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:34 PM   #87
Tim Simmons

I see. TBH, I could see how that could perceived as a dig (looking at the original post now). That being said, don't go to 10 in a response RA.

But it looks like Ryan feels bad, he has their post and his nice response as a pinned tweet. so it seems like he wants to shake hard feelings.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:05 PM   #88
andyo812

Right. This is so similar to the situations with Harmar, FJM, Strokes, Isbell, etc. except this time itís made worse given the FR situation. And like even if FR intended that as a super light jab at his banter song why message the band and make it about yourself. Itís always say some outrageous shit then apologize with nice sentiment but the more and more times it happens that sentiment becomes that much more diluted and honestly no longer plausible.

Idk I normally just chalk it up to him being in a weird spot but itís so consistent itís starting to annoy me and detract from how I perceive him.

I donít follow many artists in the capacity I do Ryan but it doesnít seem normal and is starting to bum me out. I was a fan of FR and given the circumstances of Scottís death this is just so upsetting.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:42 AM   #89
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
Right. This is so similar to the situations with Harmar, FJM, Strokes, Isbell, etc. except this time itís made worse given the FR situation. And like even if FR intended that as a super light jab at his banter song why message the band and make it about yourself. Itís always say some outrageous shit then apologize with nice sentiment but the more and more times it happens that sentiment becomes that much more diluted and honestly no longer plausible.

Idk I normally just chalk it up to him being in a weird spot but itís so consistent itís starting to annoy me and detract from how I perceive him.

I donít follow many artists in the capacity I do Ryan but it doesnít seem normal and is starting to bum me out. I was a fan of FR and given the circumstances of Scottís death this is just so upsetting.

i've been bummed about ryan since about 2008 when he really started posting on the msg boards nad just being a complete asshole to just about everyone. especially this board and RAA

ryan=twat
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #90
folkjam

I'm pretty sure Charlie Stavish is out. He built his own studio in Joshua Tree, and hasn't been hanging around Pax-Am. Also noticed that he and Ryan unfollowed each other for awhile.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #91
Tim Simmons

Was he his engineer?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #92
folkjam

Engineer and bass player.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #93
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Engineer and bass player.
Shame. I liked him for some reason. But hey, he had a good run. Wasn't he on the Self-Titled, 7" series, 1989, Prisoner & b-side, and the newest batch of tunes? That's longer then most hang on.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #94
folkjam

He also engineered "III/IV" and "Easy Tiger". I think he was in-house at Electric Lady before going full-time with Ryan.

I could be wrong, but if he really split, I wonder how that affects Pax Am. He was a big reason Ryan could constantly jam/record. And he really is a fantastic engineer.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #95
Tim Simmons

He was alright. I only think the PaxAm sound is a a B or a B minus.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #96
folkjam

I think the Carnegie Hall shows give a better idea of what he's capable of. Those recordings are incredible.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #97
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura aboutroshea999 has a spectacular aura about

I liked Charlie. Thought he was solid enough on stage, too.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:40 PM   #98
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

omg that's sad. he and charlie seemed really close - out of everyone in recent years.
spent a of time in studio and on road.
maybe there were differences over that album he scrapped- which was largely he and charlie and maybe todd - who also doesn't seem so close anymore- but not quite out.
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #99
andyo812

Next: Charlie produces a Dawes/FJM record

Old 08-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #100
agaetisbyrjun

agaetisbyrjun is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk View Post
omg that's sad. he and charlie seemed really close - out of everyone in recent years.
spent a of time in studio and on road.
maybe there were differences over that album he scrapped- which was largely he and charlie and maybe todd - who also doesn't seem so close anymore- but not quite out.
I think Todd not being around as much is due to him having a kid & that taking a lot of his time. He was in a live vid at PaxAm today tho
agaetisbyrjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links