TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

US Presidential Election 2020

Old 06-27-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
US Presidential Election 2020

Who do you think is most likely to run against Trump? Is a one term Trump presidency a possibility or an improbability?

If you've got views or news to share about the upcoming US election, here's the place to put them.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: US Presidential Election 2020

It's already a shit show.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #3
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I feel in many ways 2020 is gonna be more important than 2016. The lines have been drawn over the past 4 years. I think this election decides where the country really wants to go as a whole. Embrace nationalism and close ourselves off to the world while sunning brown and black people, or move the US to a more progressive policy like many countries in Europe.

My gut tells me America really wants to be inclusive, but my gut also thought Trump would never become president.

I think he could be defeated. Everyone knows his flaws by now. He's got a schtick and most seem to be tired of it. He really hasn't accomplished much, despite controlling the Congress for 2 years. His floor seems to be 35% likability and it's tough to win an election on that. But on the other hand you have the electoral college.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to decide today, I think Warren is gonna be the candidate. Which is good. She's fierce.

I like Joe, but he's of another time. I know some people want to go back, sometimes I'm one of them, but its time to move forward.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

i don't want biden.

i'm a libertarian by nature, but i'd love to see warren win it. it's time we have a strong woman like her at the helm. she's just a bad ass. i'm not much for her platform, but i love her voice and her brazen attitude when standing up against bullies and pieces of shit.

she'd have my vote...as of now.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #6
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalvenie View Post
i don't want biden.

i'm a libertarian by nature, but i'd love to see warren win it. it's time we have a strong woman like her at the helm. she's just a bad ass. i'm not much for her platform, but i love her voice and her brazen attitude when standing up against bullies and pieces of shit.

she'd have my vote...as of now.

Just curious Bal, if youíre cool sharing, how did you vote in 2016?

I ask because flipping or adding 2016 never Hillary voters could really decide WI / PA / MI and maybe some other swing states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
thebalvenie

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
Just curious Bal, if youíre cool sharing, how did you vote in 2016?

I ask because flipping or adding 2016 never Hillary voters could really decide WI / PA / MI and maybe some other swing states.

i voted Gary Johnson
Old 06-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #8
Bart

Bart will become famous soon enough

#BetoDaysAreComing
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #9
Tim Simmons

I think she’s the best candidate out of the bunch. I like Mayor Pete too, but he’s a bit green.
Kamala seems good too. They seem a bit more centrist than Warren. So we’ll see. It’s a long road. Trying to pace myself with excitement and skepticism.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #10
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

As a democrat I like the bench right now but after 2016 i will be forever skeptical.

For primaries so far Iím 1/ Warren 2/ Kamala 3/ Bernie 4/ Booker 5/ Pete

(I know, Bernie.... sorry)

If it ends up being Biden, so be it. Iíd be hopeful that he has a solid VP and maybe considers one term.

I would be down for some candidates to start dropping and naming VP or Senate bids. I think itíd help strengthen the party given the stakes. Also, flipping the Senate is actually attainable if the right candidates are set forth.

Doesnít matter though as long as we KAG!!!

andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #11
Tim Simmons

I like Beto, but he would be better in the Senate.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #12
thebalvenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I like Beto, but he would be better in the Senate.
agreed.

i want him to have a few more seasons under his belt....then i'd vote for him
Old 07-01-2019, 09:00 AM   #13
Tim Simmons

A bunch of these candidates would make better Senators, congress people and Governors.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #14
enemyfire

enemyfire will become famous soon enough

Interesting poll numbers after last week's debates. Biden took a tumble, Harris jumped to third.
enemyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #15
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the novice question, but basically anyone can enter the presidential race for the Dem or GOP, right? Provided they are a member of either one of those parties, obvs. They don't have to have an elected position/or represent a constituency within the party or anything?
Old 07-02-2019, 07:20 PM   #16
Tim Simmons

Yeah. But to participate in debates and such, you need a certain amount of donors and poll results. In general, lacking in one or both isn’t promising for a campaign. I suspect half of these Dems will be out before Christmas.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #17
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Yeah. But to participate in debates and such, you need a certain amount of donors and poll results. In general, lacking in one or both isnít promising for a campaign. I suspect half of these Dems will be out before Christmas.
Ah, thanks. Quite different to our system and certainly a much longer, more involved process.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:53 AM   #18
Neftzger

Neftzger will become famous soon enough

Do any of them really stand a chance against the Donald?
Neftzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:01 AM   #19
Tim Simmons

I would think so. He's not a very popular president and has accomplished very little in 2.5 years. It really comes down to the electoral college game.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:56 AM   #20
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Is Trump even likely to make it to 2020 now? We don't have an impeachment process here, so its all a bit of mystery to me. He's survived plenty of scandal in the past though.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #21
roscoe

roscoe is just really niceroscoe is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Is Trump even likely to make it to 2020 now? We don't have an impeachment process here, so its all a bit of mystery to me. He's survived plenty of scandal in the past though.
Needs a 2/3rds majority in Senate to actually remove him if the House impeaches so I reckon he'll make it to 2020. And it will be very, very ugly.

http://www.roscoe.bandcamp.com
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:53 AM   #22
Tim Simmons

He’ll make it to 2020, but if there was anyone on the fence before this, they’ll have picked a side.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #23
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

A failed impeachment attempt is only going to rejuvenate Trump's base. That's why they've waited so long to do it, and I'm skeptical that there's an honest attempt made to remove him from office. I think it's moreso about having this hanging over his head leading up to the 2020 campaign. Remember, impeachment only means that you vote to move forward with removing him from office, and the Republicans control the senate, which would hold the trial. Unless something truly damning comes out and the Republicans find it more beneficial to jump ship, Trump's making it to the 2020 election. Possibly with supporters who are even more convinced that he's the victim of a conspiracy.

I see that a lot of younger votes are really pushing for a progressive candidate, but this probably is the smart time for the Democrats to nominate a centrist. There's some disillusioned Republican votes to pick up, and I don't know that you want Bernie Sanders directing them right back to Trump.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #24
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Appreciate the info and responses. I think folkjam's point about further radicalising the base is a good one. Trump is certainly ramping up the conspiracy theory/it's a coup! rhetoric in response.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #25
Tim Simmons

I don’t think Bernie is gonna be the candidate TBH.

I think this stuff being out there for the next 9 months makes 2020 a referendum on Trump, and it won’t matter who the Democratic candidate is.