TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Movie Recommendations

Old 09-29-2006, 01:48 PM   #26
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movie Recommendations

Its getting torn to shreds actually. Apparently the plot is impossible to follow and the acting is really forced and stagey. Its shame because the book its based on this terrific and the story itself would make a great movie.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #27
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

I was quite interested in seeing The Black Dahlia too. Now, considering the reviews, I'll probably pass. I might rent it sometime. I read the book and have seen quite a few documentaries on her.

Anyone see All the King's Men with Sean Penn, Jude Law, and Anthony Hopkins?
Old 09-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #28
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
I

No, but that's a great cast. I'll watch anything with Sean Penn in it.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #29
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Same here. He's one of the best actors working today.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #30
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Same here. He's one of the best actors working today.

We'll overlook Shanghai Surprise, shall we. Lets blame Madonna for that.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:04 PM   #31
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Lets blame Madonna for that.
Oh and I do.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #32
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

sicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to all

Quote:
Thats been getting some pretty bad reviews also
sicottem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:32 AM   #33
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicottem View Post
Thats been getting some pretty bad reviews also
I read some bad reviews too. Surprising with such an amazing cast, but it definitely happens. I've read split reviews on Sean's performance as well. Some critics say he was brilliant and then others say he overacted. I'd still like to see it though.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #34
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

On DVD: Lantana is really enjoyable and keeps you guessing right up until the end.

Ray Lawrence could direct traffic and I'd watch it.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #35
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

maddiehope is a jewel in the roughmaddiehope is a jewel in the rough

Last in Theater - The Covenant; went to please my boyfriend. I was entertained, but not at all impressed

Last on DVD - Shop Girl - second rent for me. I may have to buy it. GREAT movie with killer music.

Also recommend The Lake House for a good chick flick - despite Keanu

Talledega Nights cracked me up - great comedy if you can find it at a $1 theater somewhere
Old 10-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #36
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiehope View Post
Also recommend The Lake House for a good chick flick - despite Keanu
my mom went and saw this and hated it
Kevin McF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #37
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF View Post
my mom went and saw this and hated it
Probably not for everyone. But I liked it.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #38
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

watched a film called Tsotsi, i think, last night

it was fantastic
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #39
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough

I just rented and watched Tsotsi as well. It was very good I would deffinately recommend it.
trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #40
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Watched "Walk The Line" again last night. Great film.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #41
vivelephemere

vivelephemere is an unknown quantity at this point

last movie i rented: frenzy

it was good but not as good as rear window or vertigo in my opinion which are two of my favorite films.
vivelephemere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #42
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

I watched Primer the other day on DVD and was really disappointed. It won a host of awards at Sundance a couple of years back and I thought it would be good. I was bored to tears.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:09 AM   #43
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

I rented Disc One Season One of My Name is Earl last night. HILARIOUS SHOW! I love it. Now I'm going to have to buy it.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #44
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiehope View Post
I rented Disc One Season One of My Name is Earl last night.
EARL is great

I loved WEEDS and ENTOURAGE on DVD as well.
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #45
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

sicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
I loved WEEDS and ENTOURAGE on DVD as well.
Entourage is amazing....ive never caught weeds but it sounding like an interesting premise
sicottem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:47 AM   #46
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

At the weekend I watched 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'! Top notch quality entertainment.

I recommend you guys to watch 'Bringing Up Baby'. It's a 1930s comedy with Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant in it. It's hilarious.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #47
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

I saw Talladega Nights at the flicks last night. It was okay - a couple of very funny scenes - but overall not a patch on Anchorman.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #48
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

"How'd he get out of his clothes so fast??"

blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #49
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
"How'd he get out of his clothes so fast??"

Those were the scenes I was talking about. And I loved all the really blatant product placement - that was funny too.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #50
blake1981

where the buffalo roam. I saw it last night for the first time and it is funny as shit. Bill Murray makes a great Hunter Thompson!

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links