TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #26
Life is a Pigsty

Life is a Pigsty will become famous soon enough
Re: What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Going to see The National in Edinburgh tonight, can't wait.
Life is a Pigsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #27
plath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Pigsty View Post
Going to see The National in Edinburgh tonight, can't wait.
My friend just called me from this concert - sounded amazing!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #28
Life is a Pigsty

It was amazing, crowd were really up for it and they said they were so happy to be back in a dark room after all the festival performances. Matt went for his usual wander and ended up on a barrier with his head going through a ceiling tile, totally hilarious. They played Available which I love and a few older ones like Son. I get to do it all over again tonight.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #29
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light

none, I have none in the que, this feels weird.
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #30
plath

I just bought tickets to see Wilco in Central Park in NYC when I'm there next month!!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 AM   #31
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
It was amazing, crowd were really up for it and they said they were so happy to be back in a dark room after all the festival performances. Matt went for his usual wander and ended up on a barrier with his head going through a ceiling tile, totally hilarious. They played Available which I love and a few older ones like Son. I get to do it all over again tonight.
Seeing them two nights in a row is so great, I did it in January. The time between the first show and the second when you're simultaneously on a post-show buzz and pre-show hype is the best. (Well actually the shows themselves are the best, but still it's a great feeling).
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #32
Life is a Pigsty

Well I thought Edinburgh was good but Glasgow blew it out of the water. I wish they had taped this as it really was one of the best gigs I have ever been to. They played "Ada" and Matt had the lyrics taped to his monitor just in case he forgot them. Thay also played "About Today" and I may have got a bit teary. You know how each song gets better than the one before and you are waiting for the lull, it never came. It was sublime. I'm jealous of you Lukin that you get to see them again, they are on fire at the moment

Old 08-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #33
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well I thought Edinburgh was good but Glasgow blew it out of the water. I wish they had taped this as it really was one of the best gigs I have ever been to. They played "Ada" and Matt had the lyrics taped to his monitor just in case he forgot them. Thay also played "About Today" and I may have got a bit teary. You know how each song gets better than the one before and you are waiting for the lull, it never came. It was sublime. I'm jealous of you Lukin that you get to see them again, they are on fire at the moment
Nice. They played About Today at the second show I saw in Jan. I like to think that it's because when they were going in for soundcheck that afternoon I asked them if they could play it (it's my favourite National song, especially the live version).

I'd really like to hear Driver, Surprise Me and Exile Vilify. Squalor Victoria isn't one of my favourites on Boxer, but the live version is amazing.

Also, I love Start A War as the opener - that was what they opened with when I first saw them back in '08. I'm seeing them at a festival, so it won't be as long a set list and probably zero chance of getting About Today, but I'm still super excited.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #34
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold
I have a ticket to Wilco that I just found out that I'm going to have to give up. Also have tix to see Frank Turner (twice), the Jayhawks with Tift Merritt and whoever I go to see at ACL. Seeing the Drive-by Truckers and Centro-matic in Dallas next week.
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #35
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

Went to the H'wood Bowl last night for the Serge Gainsbourg tribute. After two bottles of wine, some garlic fries and burgers, I would say that it was pretty awesome, except for Beck who sang flat and totally off key. He was so bad, we left after his second song. Mike Patton from Faith No More (hot) and Sean Lennon were great. Also, Victoria Legrand...I will be checking some of her shit out later on today. Also, as we were in line ordering burgs, I saw Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes with some young lass. He got mediocre seats.

The next show I have planned is Mr. Klop's show at the Roxy this Friday. I pretty much hate Sunset Blvd on Friday nights. It's gross.
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #36
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Going to see JTE this Friday in Charlottesville, then again this Sunday in Roanoke. Will post sets and pics if I can take them. Also looking forward to checking out if he has merchandise.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #37
mattinmass
Directionfull since 2013

mattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to all

probably gonna hit up Sesame Street LIVE the next tour that comes through Boston
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #38
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
probably gonna hit up Sesame Street LIVE the next tour that comes through Boston
Yo Gabba Gabba is on tour. I hate that I know this, and that I want to go really bad because I am pretty obsessed with that show.
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #39
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Bon Iver on Sept. 9th, Death Cab and several Drive-By Truckers shows in October. Going to be super broke. Can't wait.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #40
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Biters at Star Bar in Atlanta next Wednesday.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #41
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Just scored 2 free tix to the Avetts Bros in Atlanta next week. Also will be seeing Bright Eyes at the Georgia Theater and contemplating a trip to Tuscaloosa to catch a Dexateens show.

The Friday DBT/Centro show starts a run of musical awesomeness that doesn't really end until November.
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #42
plath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
Going to see JTE this Friday in Charlottesville, then again this Sunday in Roanoke. Will post sets and pics if I can take them. Also looking forward to checking out if he has merchandise.
Omg so exciting!! Do post set and especially pics if you can!!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #43
Donald

Donald is just really niceDonald is just really nice

Brian Wilson
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #44
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Ray Davies. Very happy!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #45
nyf

nyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to all

Seeing Steve Earle Saturday; I'm very excited.
nyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #46
oscarfuentes77

oscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of light

Got tickets to Loudon Wainwright III in November with John Prine. I've wanted to see LW in concert for a long time, however lame that may be.
oscarfuentes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #47
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarfuentes77 View Post
Got tickets to Loudon Wainwright III in November with John Prine. I've wanted to see LW in concert for a long time, however lame that may be.
Not lame at all! Loudon is amazing. I've seen him live a few times and he is always wonderful.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #48
J_Bizness

J_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to behold

Aziz Ansari in November
J_Bizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #49
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Lemonheads in October.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #50
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

Me too. I'm going to the Chattanooga show. Are they playing Nashville too?
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links