TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas

Old 04-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas

Apparently Gold and Cold Roses have been recut by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas US (both are as good as you can get in regards to quality if you don't know).

Unfortunately there is no way to tell from packaging or the barcode. It's all in the deadwax.

Hopefully this means the rest are coming soon.

Thanks Ryan/Universal!!! Dream come true.

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 08-24-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas

This is dope
Old 04-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
Rae_14

Rae_14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by an old love letter View Post
This is dope

I bought the repress recently of 29. it came with a "pressed at Pallas" hype sticker and it sounds so much better than my original united pressing. I should check the dead wax. Sounds like it was remastered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rae_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

So did the whole LH catalog sans LiH get repressed?
Old 04-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #5
Rae_14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae_14 View Post
I bought the repress recently of 29. it came with a "pressed at Pallas" hype sticker and it sounds so much better than my original united pressing. I should check the dead wax. Sounds like it was remastered.

I looked up my copy of 29 on discogs. it was pressed at Pallas in Germany. Same mastering as the original. Just a superior pressing.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:07 AM   #6
Tim Simmons

Interesting. A better pressing isn't gonna fix the terrible cut though. But it does remedy half the issues with it.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:07 AM   #7
Tim Simmons

Apparently Amazon has the new pressings. And they are dirt cheap too. CR is $16 and Gold is $11
Old 04-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #8
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
So did the whole LH catalog sans LiH get repressed?
Forgot about this, but I was on the vinyl section of the Firebrand page a week or two ago and a bunch of his albums were all listed with "Coming Soon" underneath. Wish I could remember which ones, but it was definitely a bunch...hopefully it's this
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
Tim Simmons

This is the second best thing to PaxAm reissues of these.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #10
Rae_14

A Rock n Roll repress would be cool.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #11
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

lol this is so typical...no notice, no announcement, just...nothing.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Tim Simmons

I ordered these from Amazon. I'll report back tomorrow night when they arrive.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Got a link?
Old 04-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #14
Tim Simmons

www.amazon.com
Old 04-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #15
JohnnyT

JohnnyT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedLikeFreights View Post
Forgot about this, but I was on the vinyl section of the Firebrand page a week or two ago and a bunch of his albums were all listed with "Coming Soon" underneath. Wish I could remember which ones, but it was definitely a bunch...hopefully it's this
I just looked, and they are no longer listed on the firebrand site, am I doing something wrong?
JohnnyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #16
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
I just looked, and they are no longer listed on the firebrand site, am I doing something wrong?
I meant that it was showing that a few weeks ago and now they took it down. They always seem to be tinkering with the site/finding inventory, so I didn't think much of it at that time, but this thread reminded me I'd seen it

Curious to see what Tim gets from Amazon. I couldn't find anything noting this new repress, I just see this version that appears to be from 2007: https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Vinyl-Ry...yan+adams+gold
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:03 AM   #17
JohnnyT

Well, these folks are all raving about it, starting on the first page about halfway down...

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...eissue.291946/
Old 04-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
Marty

Marty has a spectacular aura aboutMarty has a spectacular aura about

I just got a black copy of Cardinology from a seller on discogs. I had purchased the Blue but they sent me black and it has the CB initials on the runout.
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #19
HalloweenHead

HalloweenHead is on a distinguished road

The description of the sound on the Cold Roses pressing has me interested in doubling up 😀
HalloweenHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #20
JohnnyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenHead View Post
The description of the sound on the Cold Roses pressing has me interested in doubling up 😀
Same. I wish we had more info on the releases though. Remastered or just reissued?
Old 04-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #21
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
I just got a black copy of Cardinology from a seller on discogs. I had purchased the Blue but they sent me black and it has the CB initials on the runout.
Score
Old 04-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #22
Tim Simmons

Just got mine in the mail. Gonna compare them in a bit
Old 04-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #23
an old love letter

Most interested in how Cold Roses sounds

Heard 29 is amazing
Old 04-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #24
Tim Simmons

So I got through 1 record of these new pressings, ABing my original copies.

My Gold was purchased when it finally came out a year or so after the record was released (back when United wasn't over worked and had better quality control). I've always been satisfied with mine, though I know later pressings of Gold sounded awful to people, so I'm keeping that in mind when listening. I think this new pressing sounds so quiet and static free that the music sounds so clear and crisp that it would be a nice improvement over the original. especially for $11. A bit of nerdery, the new pressing has a matte sleeve whereas my original was glossy. Still no inserts. Also no polylined sleeves which is pretty standard with pallas, so its weird.

As for Cold Roses, again, I was happy with my original. There is surface noise, but whatever, I've made due and been satisfied. From the onset, I was blown away by how good the new cut sounds. The record is dead quiet which makes the music pop. The original almost sounds murky compared to this cut. Its really crisp and clear. Lows are low and bold and the highs sound great and crisp. Its fantastic. As for some nerdery, its the same as the original. has the insert. Polylined sleeves. As for the outer sleeve its funny because its the opposite of Gold. My original is matte and this new one is glossy. The new one is embossed as well.

Overall, I think they are worth the pickup, especially for the prices.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #25
Tim Simmons

Gonna order 29 now.
Sponsored Links