TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

**The Official Paul Rudd Film Poll and General Discussion thread***

View Poll Results: Your favourite Paul Rudd film?
Clueless 7 16.67%
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers 0 0%
Romeo + Juliet 0 0%
The Object of My Affection 6 14.29%
The Cider House Rules 2 4.76%
Wet Hot American Summer 3 7.14%
The Shape of Things 1 2.38%
Anchorman 7 16.67%
The 40 Year Old Virgin 7 16.67%
The Oh in Ohio 0 0%
Diggers 0 0%
Knocked Up 7 16.67%
Overnight Delivery 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #26
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold
Re: **The Official Paul Rudd Film Poll and General Discussion thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post
Do I get banned if I say I have no interest in Paul Rudd whatsoever?
It was nice knowing ya.
raisemyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #27
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

At least I was honest - perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #28
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris wheel junkie View Post
i love it!

paris was supposed to make you cringe though.
I think it's just me. I've decided I have some sort of allergic reaction to Baz Luhrmann films.

btw - a trailer for his latest film. Looks like he's trying the chick-flick route again.

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 10-05-2007 at 05:12 PM..
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #29
la twinkle

la twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to all

I love Clueless & Halloween 6, But c'mon The Cider House Rules is definetly the best, strong cast, story ect.
la twinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #30
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by la twinkle View Post
I love Clueless & Halloween 6, But c'mon The Cider House Rules is definetly the best, strong cast, story ect.
You are right about Cider House. But I've loved Clueless for such a long time I had to vote for it.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #31
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

Does anyone know what Rachel Weisz's character whispers to Paul's character at the end of The Shape of Things?
SkortBrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #32
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkortBrun View Post
Does anyone know what Rachel Weisz's character whispers to Paul's character at the end of The Shape of Things?
No, I haven't even seen the film yet. But everyone seems to like it.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #33
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
No, I haven't even seen the film yet. But everyone seems to like it.
Yeah it's a pretty good movie, especially the ending.
SkortBrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #34
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

*posts totally random photgraph*

Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #35
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

I had reeeeeeally mixed feelings about The Shape of Things (most of them to do with Rachel's American accent). I thought In The Company of Men was a better film.

Not why I'm here, though.

Quote:
Mansome takes a comedic look at the contemporary issue of male identity—expressed through the varying grooming methods different men adopt. It features actors, comedians and everyday men and women offering their personal pros and cons of various looks and methods of grooming.

Oscar nominee Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) and executive producers Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Ben Silverman present a delightfully entertaining doc featuring candid interviews from the likes of Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Paul Rudd, Zach Galifianakis, John Waters, Isaiah Mustafa, etc.

An expose of comic proportions, MANSOME follows Arnett and Bateman to the spa as they undergo various beautification rituals while offering amusing stories and observations about elusive male bathroom secrets. The film highlights a wide range of men including champion beardsmen, longtime barbershop owners, known metrosexuals, mustachioed males and professional wrestlers; all intercut with candid, one-on-one interviews and commentary from actor/comedians Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Paul Rudd, Zach Galifianakis, Adam Carolla, Judd Apatow, as well as sociological experts and everyday men and women all of whom weigh in on everything from the growing incidence of men turning to plastic surgeons to our obsession with facial hair.

"As someone who has spent the past eight years shaving around a ridiculous mustache, I couldn't think of a more 'Mantastic' story to tell than this," said director/producer Morgan Spurlock. "I jumped at the chance to work with Will and Jason. They're so manly, so handsome, so ... Mansome."
"If I do say so myself, there are no better coiffed, buffed, sharpened and styled men than Morgan, Will and myself to open the world's eye to the changing notion of masculinity in today's culture," said executive producer and DumbDumb Co-Founder Jason Bateman. "Mansome is a special tribute to our passion and dedication for male grooming and the freedom of facial-hair expression which we wholeheartedly feel should be equal amongst both sexes," continued executive producer and DumbDumb Co-Founder Will Arnett.
http://mansomethemovie.com/
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #36
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

I...I.....I...never knew this thread existed.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #37
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

also, I love almost all of the films in this poll, but my favourite is Object Of My Affection.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #38
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Mountain View Post
I...I.....I...never knew this thread existed.
Me neither! I just did a search in case there was a Paul Rudd-related thread.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #39
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't check this one out either. He's pretty good. Didn't realize how many films he's done. When's he gonna cut an album?
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #40
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

If it wasn't for the scene when he was on mushrooms at cirque de soliel and a strip club in Knocked Up, I might have voted differently. But that part is just so funny.

I bought overnight delivery hella long ago and never watched it, I guess I'll actually give it a try. I wasn't in much of a hurry before.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #41
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Trailer for Mansome
Old 04-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #42
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Paul Rudd and Emma Stone to perform a live reading of Billy Wilder's The Apartment.

Quote:
The filmmaker Jason Reitman, who is organizing this Live Read event to be held on Friday at the TimesCenter in Manhattan, said on Wednesday that Mr. Rudd, a star of comedies like “Role Models,” “Knocked Up” and “I Love You, Man,” will play C. C. Baxter, the “Apartment” protagonist who lends his home to co-workers for their after-hours trysts. Ms. Stone, whose films include “The Help,” will play Fran Kubelik, an elevator operator with whom Baxter falls in love, helping him find a new outlook on life.

Mr. Reitman previously announced on his Twitter feed that James Woods will play the role of Baxter’s boss, Sheldrake (portrayed in the original film by Fred MacMurray); Tom Cavanagh (“Ed”) will succeed Ray Walston as Dobisch; and Cara Buono (“Mad Men”) will take over from Edie Adams as Sheldrake’s secretary, Miss Olsen. David Wain, who directed Mr. Rudd in his films “Role Models,” “Wanderlust,” “The Ten” and “Wet Hot American Summer,” will play Baxter’s neighbor Dr. Dreyfuss, portrayed in the film by Jack Kruschen. The cast also includes Jason Sudeikis (“Saturday Night Live”) and Lena Dunham (“Girls”).

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...the-apartment/
Wish I was in NYC to see this. It's one of my favourite films of all time.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #43
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Paul Rudd and Emma Stone to perform a live reading of Billy Wilder's The Apartment.

Quote:
The filmmaker Jason Reitman, who is organizing this Live Read event to be held on Friday at the TimesCenter in Manhattan, said on Wednesday that Mr. Rudd, a star of comedies like “Role Models,” “Knocked Up” and “I Love You, Man,” will play C. C. Baxter, the “Apartment” protagonist who lends his home to co-workers for their after-hours trysts. Ms. Stone, whose films include “The Help,” will play Fran Kubelik, an elevator operator with whom Baxter falls in love, helping him find a new outlook on life.

Mr. Reitman previously announced on his Twitter feed that James Woods will play the role of Baxter’s boss, Sheldrake (portrayed in the original film by Fred MacMurray); Tom Cavanagh (“Ed”) will succeed Ray Walston as Dobisch; and Cara Buono (“Mad Men”) will take over from Edie Adams as Sheldrake’s secretary, Miss Olsen. David Wain, who directed Mr. Rudd in his films “Role Models,” “Wanderlust,” “The Ten” and “Wet Hot American Summer,” will play Baxter’s neighbor Dr. Dreyfuss, portrayed in the film by Jack Kruschen. The cast also includes Jason Sudeikis (“Saturday Night Live”) and Lena Dunham (“Girls”).

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...the-apartment/
Wish I was in NYC to see this. It's one of my favourite films of all time.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #44
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Watched our Idiot Brother last night. Okay, so it won't change your world - but it's very funny in parts and Rudd really turns up the charm-o-meter to 11.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 AM   #45
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

This Is 40 trailer

Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #46
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishellmay View Post
This Is 40 trailer
ooh, Debbie and Pete return
Old 09-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #47
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

I can't believe I never saw Wet Hot American Summer until now.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #48
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

It's pretty good isn't it? I mean, it suffers from the usual David Wain problems of needing tighter editing and occasionally suffering from crudity overload, but overall, it's a funny movie.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #49
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

IT'S TIME TO LEARN THE NEW WAY

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #50
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

I got 16 out of 16.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/03/take-...rudd-quiz.html
Sponsored Links