TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #76
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #77
sipowicz
When We Looked Like Giants

sipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to all

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #78
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #79
brett132

brett132 is an unknown quantity at this point

The new Death Cab "Narrow Stairs". I'm really enjoying the clever songwriting and the great recording job.
brett132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #80
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Oh, god.

What do you think of this?
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #81
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Wayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett132 View Post
The new Death Cab "Narrow Stairs". I'm really enjoying the clever songwriting and the great recording job.
Yay!!! I love that album!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #82
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

Also, Q, that version of the Figure 8 cover is quite awesome. Did you make it?

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the thread you made. Still awesome.

Last edited by SkortBrun; 07-24-2008 at 10:27 PM..
SkortBrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 PM   #83
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #84
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkortBrun View Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #85
sipowicz
When We Looked Like Giants

sipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
Oh, god.

What do you think of this?
I like it, I actually am a huge System fan, and like Darien more then Serj... but still, the first 2 tracks, are freaking great. Scars on Broadway comes out this Tues, and I am very excited.
sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #86
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #87
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Wayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to beholdWayfaringmind is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #88
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Surprisingly, I haven't listened to it before.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #89
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Well I love any Death Cab album. That new one is amazing though. Its like they finally got the drummer and bass player involved in on the song writing in the beginning. And the lyrics are killer.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #90
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

I really only started listening to them on Transatlanticism, and I've heard a few pre-Transatlanticisim tracks on internet radio. I didn't mind plans -- it had some good tracks.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #91
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes, is my fav. album by them. But it was my first. The song Title Track is still one of my fav. Death Cab songs. He talks about smoking a cig with this girl on the porch, and there is a line where he says "And I could taste your lipstick on the filter" and for some reason I always loved that imagery.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #92
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

I'll have to seek that out. I have a soft spot for my first Death Cab album too.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #93
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Transatlanticism is a great album. In fact, the first time I saw Death Cab live, it was the night of Transatlanticism's release. So I had never heard any of the songs yet, and they closed with Tranatlanticism, and I thought I would cry it was so beautifully heartbreaking.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #94
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

That album came out at the exact right time for me.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #95
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Thats how Narrow Stairs was for me. Oh Death Cab, I could teenie talk them all day long. Ben Gibbard is by far my most favorite lyricist.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #96
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #97
SkortBrun

Quote:
Fuck yeah.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #98
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Quote:
Just bought this, gonna go listen now

Edit: THIS IS GOOD!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #99
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

How many albums do you buy in a month, Way?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #100
Wayfaringmind
Sketchy

Umm....um...too many. I need a babysitter. But the record store guy gives me a discount.