TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Old 06-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #276
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future
Re: What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
Neil slayed.
Of course he did!

And I see that he closed with Cortez. How amazing that must have been.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #277
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future
Re: Re: What concerts are you going to in the near future?

I have absolutely nothing. Since Neil Young in March it's completely dried up, nothing on the horizon, it makes me sad.

Last edited by lukin; 06-18-2013 at 03:41 AM..
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #278
plath

This will make you jealous.... I'm seeing the National next Fri!

Of course after that I'm moving back to my family home to write the rest of my thesis and prob won't leave rural Ireland until March next year. No gigs, no clubnights, barely any internet. Lol
Old 06-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #279
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Frank Ocean and James Blake next month.

CANNOT WAIT.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #280
plath

The National on Friday night!!

Old 07-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #281
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Saw Isbell last night at the Birchmere. Dude killed it. His last song before the encore was Elephant. One of the girls who went with us had never heard Isbell before was absolutely floored by it.

Real great set. Missed Amanda being there playing the fiddle.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #282
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

Going to Mayhem Festival tomorrow, Uproar Festival next month & Queens of the Stone Age in September.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #283
lukin
I'm talking ace

Kirin J Callinan tomorrow night. Dude is intense.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #284
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

just got my one-day Riot Fest ticket for Sept 15th. Replacements, Pixies, and Bob Mould all on the same damn day.

gonna drink so many beers.

edit: oh! and Mission of Burma! FUCK YES.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #285
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
just got my one-day Riot Fest ticket for Sept 15th. Replacements, Pixies, and Bob Mould all on the same damn day.

gonna drink so many beers.

edit: oh! and Mission of Burma! FUCK YES.
Holy Shit!!! Niiiiiiiice!
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #286
lukin
I'm talking ace

I am finally going to see Blur. Cannot wait.

They are playing the Big Day Out festival here in January, other headliners are Arcade Fire and Pearl Jam. This lineup is made for me.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #287
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Bought tix for my first show as a NYC resident - Father John Misty.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #288
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
they are amazing! I just saw FJM a couple weeks ago, blew me away.

only negative was the amount of hecklers interrupting Joshua Tillman during a heartfelt speech he was making before the would-be encore... douchecanoes in the pit would not stop 'freeeebirrrrd'-ing, so he paused, grabbed his acoustic guitar & threw it across the stage, storming off with his bottle of whiskey.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #289
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Kurt Vile tonight

The next few weeks: Shovels & Rope, J. Roddy Walston, The National, Tame Impala, Deer Tick.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #290
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
God I love J. Tillman. He's a pretentious, un-showered beast, but the man can sing...and shake his ass...

Old 08-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #291
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

Dawes plays tomorrow in West Hollywood at.......get ready for it....Whole Foods. I want to go, but I'm lazy and don't want to drive to WeHo.
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #292
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Springsteen (again) in Feb next year. It's an outdoor concert at the Hope Estate vineyard about an hour out of Sydney - will be nice to see him in a setting that's not a stadium. Also - wine weekend
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #293
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyklipklop View Post
Dawes plays tomorrow in West Hollywood at.......get ready for it....Whole Foods. I want to go, but I'm lazy and don't want to drive to WeHo.
That is hilarious.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #294
lukin
I'm talking ace

Re: Re: What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Springsteen (again) in Feb next year. It's an outdoor concert at the Hope Estate vineyard about an hour out of Sydney - will be nice to see him in a setting that's not a stadium. Also - wine weekend
I got tickets today to the Auckland show, never seen him before so pretty excited. Forked out for the expensive tickets right down the front.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #295
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I got tickets today to the Auckland show, never seen him before so pretty excited. Forked out for the expensive tickets right down the front.
Trust me, it will be worth it. I ended up getting tickets to the Sydney show as well as the vineyard gig - my credit card has taken quite a beating.

I heard an interview with Gudinski, the Frontier promoter, saying that these shows are a one-off; not connected to the Wrecking Ball tour (which is finished) and not the start of a new world tour either. So, nobody knows what we are going to get, which makes it even more exciting.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #296
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Well now I am glad I stayed logged into the Ticketek website yesterday, even after I'd thought it had crapped out.... Feeling lucky to have got seats to both NSW concerts after reading that.

Quote:
If there was any doubt about the wisdom of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band touring Australia twice in 10 months, demand for pre-sale tickets sent the Ticketek website into meltdown soon after 1pm Wednesday afternoon, showing the Boss remains hot property.

Frontier Touring members deluged the Ticketek website trying to snap up the limited number of early tickets for his February 2014 tour – but many left empty-handed after trying over and over to get in. Ticketmaster handled pre-sales for Springsteen's gig in the Hunter Valley, in NSW, but punters struggled there too. They then vented their ticketless spleens on social media.

Kristy Hall was one of hundreds of disappointed fans who posted angry messages on Frontier Touring's Facebook page: "I'm seriously pissed off Frontier Touring!!! I logged onto fronier [sic] at 12:55, went to the presale link at 1pm and couldn't get tickets for my mum who is a HUGE fan but there are tickets already on eBay for $500+ each - time to cancel tickets so genuine fans can get some!!!"

Official ticket prices range from $98.50 for seats with restricted views to $230.65 for access to stand in areas in front of the stages, but vary slightly from venue to venue.

Brendon Scollary nicely summed up many people's experience: "You know, you can do everything right ... register with Frontier, get your pre-sale code, organise to have lunch at 1.00pm, have your browser(s) open ready to go, enter your code and then wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait ... then try again, and again, and again and again ... timeout ... WTF?!"

Frontier posted a note on its Facebook page citing "overwhelming demand" forcing them to make "the unprecedented decision" to delay pre-sales for Brisbane and Adelaide to allow the Ticketek website to "stablise", creating more upset amongst fans from those cities.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz2cfQo60jJ
Old 10-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #297
plath

Neko Case in November!
Maybe Phosphorescent in November, too - will see how is.

Neutral Milk Hotel next May! Woop woop.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #298
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!!!

Apart from my student's gigs nothing coming up... drat!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #299
GoodSkanky

I spoke too soon! An old school buddy got a drumming gig with Zappa Plays Zappa... looks like on the fucking guest list tomorrow!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #300
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

Dawes. Sometime in December.

I'm going by myself, so I can creepily bask in the glory of this man's chest hair.
http://instagram.com/p/flOFk5qVXh/
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links