TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #76
Space Pirate
cosmonaut

Space Pirate is on a distinguished road
Re: What concerts are you going to in the near future?

sondre lerche towards the end of the month.
Space Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #77
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Ok, so today has officially blown my brains out.

First, I found out that Ryan Adams is coming to New Zealand in March.
Then, I found out that Bright Eyes are playing a sideshow before the festival I'm seeing them at in Brisbane in a couple of weeks.
Then, I found out that Bon Iver are playing TWO shows in Wellington (my city) in February!

Chowder bags are bursting as Jack would say.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #78
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

So.....

November 17th: Bright Eyes (Brisbane)
November 19th: Harvest Festival (Brisbane) -The National, Bright Eyes, Portishead, TV On The Radio, The Flaming Lips, Mogwai, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Walkmen, Holy Fuck
January 16th: Fleet Foxes (Wellington)
February 27th: Bon Iver (Wellington)
February 28th: Bon Iver (Wellington)
March 8th: Ryan Adams (Auckland)

Last edited by lukin; 11-03-2011 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: added cities
Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #79
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
So.....

November 17th: Bright Eyes
November 19th: Harvest Festival (The National, Bright Eyes, Portishead, TV On The Radio, The Flaming Lips, Mogwai, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Walkmen, Holy Fuck)
January 16th: Fleet Foxes
February 27th: Bon Iver
February 28th: Bon Iver
March 8th: Ryan Adams
Nice!
I've got some similar gigs:

Nov 13 - Harvest Festival
Dec 11 - Explosions in the Sky
Dec 29-31 - Falls Festival
Jan 3 - Fleet Foxes
Jan 5 - Beirut
Feb 28 -Ryan Adams (Sydney)
Mar 3 - Ryan Adams (Melbourne)
Mar 12 - Bon Iver
Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #80
lukin
I'm talking ace

Kurt Vile is coming in December too, but he's only playing in Auckland so I'm missing that one. I also really wish that PJ Harvey would add a NZ date to her Australia ones.

Have you heard the Radiohead Australia/NZ rumours for 2012? They were going around a while ago for maybe around March, but possibly later in the year. They seems to have subsided in the last month though. What I would give to see Radiohead again.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #81
plath

Quote:
So.....

November 17th: Bright Eyes (Brisbane)
November 19th: Harvest Festival (Brisbane) -The National, Bright Eyes, Portishead, TV On The Radio, The Flaming Lips, Mogwai, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Walkmen, Holy Fuck
January 16th: Fleet Foxes (Wellington)
February 27th: Bon Iver (Wellington)
February 28th: Bon Iver (Wellington)
March 8th: Ryan Adams (Auckland)
Two Bon Iver shows, Luke? I didn't know you were a big fan! Let us know how those shows go. A friend of mine had tickets for the Bon Iver Dublin show but had to sell them in the end. Would love to know how he livens things up live!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #82
J_Bizness

J_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to behold

I went to Aziz Ansari last saturday, so funny
J_Bizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #83
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
Two Bon Iver shows, Luke? I didn't know you were a big fan! Let us know how those shows go. A friend of mine had tickets for the Bon Iver Dublin show but had to sell them in the end. Would love to know how he livens things up live!
I've since decided that I'm only going to do one of the Bon Iver shows. I do really really love him, but when I did a bit of research and thought about it (he only has two albums and an EP to draw from), the setlist is going to be pretty much the same both nights (maybe in a different order) and I have been spending a bit on concert tickets (including travelling to Australia this week for a festival) so I'm just going to do the one.

From the clips I've seen from his Jools Holland appearance the tunes do step up a gear when played live, so I'm really excited about it.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #84
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

The Bob Mould tribute show in LA on the 21st.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #85
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

Quote:
I've since decided that I'm only going to do one of the Bon Iver shows. I do really really love him, but when I did a bit of research and thought about it (he only has two albums and an EP to draw from), the setlist is going to be pretty much the same both nights (maybe in a different order) and I have been spending a bit on concert tickets (including travelling to Australia this week for a festival) so I'm just going to do the one.

From the clips I've seen from his Jools Holland appearance the tunes do step up a gear when played live, so I'm really excited about it.
I think you probably made a good decision. I'm really jealous that you get to see him. I jumped on the bandwagon a little late to catch him here. But, to me, the new album just gets better.
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #86
lukin
I'm talking ace

Bright Eyes were incredible last night. So many songs that I wanted to hear, including the first song of the encore which was Let's Not Shit Ourselves - they came back out and Conor said to the drummer "can I get an approximation of a goddam timpani roll?" and it was ON!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #87
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Ryan in December, Roger Waters in June.

hopefully more in between.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #88
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

Quote:
Bright Eyes were incredible last night. So many songs that I wanted to hear, including the first song of the encore which was Let's Not Shit Ourselves - they came back out and Conor said to the drummer "can I get an approximation of a goddam timpani roll?" and it was ON!
He was really good when I saw him too. RA for me on Friday!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #89
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Band of Horses/My Morning Jacket and Wye Oak/The National in NYC. All next week. oof.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #90
plath

Felice Brothers just cancelled. Apparently the lead singer has shingles. Sigh.
Rescheduled to March.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #91
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Mountain View Post
Ryan in December, Roger Waters in June.

hopefully more in between.
Black Keys & Arctic Monkeys together in March. 1st row, lower bowl to the right of the stage!
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #92
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Cooley solo in Birmingham next week!!!!
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #93
Icy Monster

Icy Monster has a spectacular aura about

in Milwaukee:

Kathleen Edwards
Heartless Bastards
Eisley
Henry Rollins
The Naked and Famous
Icy Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #94
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

LTJ Bukem - NYE*
Fleet Foxes - January 6
Feist - February 1
Royksopp - February 2
M83 - February 3
Active Child - February 8
Ryan Adams - March 3

* = Sydney. All other shows in Melbourne.

Last edited by ishellmay; 12-20-2011 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Location, location, location.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #95
lukin
I'm talking ace

Death Cab for Cutie just announced a show in my town at the end of February as part of our International Arts Festival.

They've never been to New Zealand before and I've always wanted to see them. Also, it's their only show here - they're not playing in our biggest city.

Also - it's the night after Bon Iver - that is going to be two awesome nights for sure. And then Ryan Adams one week later.

My 2012 so far:
Jan 13th - Fleet Foxes, Wellington
Jan 18th - Regurgitator, Wellington (Aussie band that I like)
Feb 27th - Bon Iver, Wellington
Feb 28th - Death Cab For Cutie, Wellington
Mar 8th - Ryan Adams, Auckland
Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #96
Corporal Brown

I'm not a huge fan of the new album, but Death Cab puts on a good show. Both times they were really solid, and Ben is even good solo. I only have RA on the horizon. I envy your next few months of shows!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #97
lukin
I'm talking ace

Just got home from the Fleet Foxes show. Strangely I wasn't that excited about it beforehand (perhaps because I'm more excited about Bon Iver, DCFC and RA concerts coming up) but maybe that was good because I just showed up and was treated to a great show. It was in an awesome venue which really suited them, the vocals (which is what FF are all about) sounded incredible.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #98
lukin
I'm talking ace

Another one to add to my list - St Vincent! I should probably get around to actually getting Strange Mercy.

Jan 18th - Regurgitator, Wellington (Aussie band that I like)
Feb 27th - Bon Iver, Wellington
Feb 28th - Death Cab For Cutie, Wellington
Mar 8th - Ryan Adams, Auckland
Mar 19th - St Vincent, Wellington
Old 01-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #99
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light

Ryan, again
Blind Pilot
Black Keys

kinda boring, but better than nothing
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #100
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Langhorne Slim - Friday Night
Old 97s - Saturday
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links