TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #201
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerqueen View Post
Me too, she's amazing. And, yep, she does a good bit of FM. I think she'll play Rihannon until she dies at every show (which is ok with me!), and of course Dreams. At my show she also did Gold Dust Woman, & Landslide. Her setlist was slightly shorter than she normally does because she was playing before Rod Stewart (who we did not stay for. We watched like the first 2 songs and it was super sad to see). She played about an hour 15. I was expecting mostly the newer album, but she only did 2 from it.

They are talking about a FM tour next year, I highly recommend going. It's way worth the money. I saw them in '09 and they were amazing. Played every single you could think of, Storms was so beautiful live. And Stevie did Stand Back as well. That show they played close to 2.5 hours.
Rod didn't bring the love?!

Spoiler:
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #202
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Saw Band of Horses and MMJ last night.

Not gonna lie...I haven't heard Strangulation! live in a looooong time, and dammit if that song doesn't make me weepy. And I've actually learned to like the Circuital stuff after hearing the songs in concert a few times. Victory Dance live is legit
Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #203
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post

Spoiler:
hahaha, omg, that was too much. He was trying to bring the love really hard, but it looked pitiful & painful at times. Seriously a few of his dance moves looked like he was trying to stretch out his legs.

I will say though, there were a ton of happy old ladies.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #204
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

My old boss took his mom to both Tom Jones and Neil Diamond (separate shows) and the old ladies were going nuts.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #205
burgerqueen

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

One particularly loud old lady, before anybody was on stage, wouldn't shut up about her love for him & kept saying she was going to do something during the show to watch. However, by the time he started she looked completely beat and was resting her head on who I assume is her husband's shoulder. She also informed everyone that in the '70's Rod kissed her. On the mouth. She was pretty proud of herself.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #206
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post

Spoiler:
Does this man have a dick?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #207
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Bloc Party in NYC tonight, although I'm probably going to be late. They are streaming it live on YouTube from 9.30pm, so it obviously is starting then and my bus back from DC (I had to go there overnight to get my emergency passport after mine was stolen) is meant to get in at 9.15, and I'm not counting on it being on time either. So it'll be a mad rush once I get in.

Then I'm off to Minneapolis tomorrow morning - seeing Desaparecidos at the 400 Bar tomorrow night and then Coldplay in St Paul on Friday night (then off to Chicago the next day). I'm going to be pretty tired (I've walked about 16 miles around DC today and I am worn out).
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #208
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

We'll cross paths (at least in the air) tomorrow. I'm heading back up to Winnipeg via Chicago, so I'll be going over Minnesota. I'm not going to any shows, though. I'll wave at you!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #209
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
We'll cross paths (at least in the air) tomorrow. I'm heading back up to Winnipeg via Chicago, so I'll be going over Minnesota. I'm not going to any shows, though. I'll wave at you!
We went via Chicago too and when we were boarding our plane to MSP the next gate was boarding a plane to Winnipeg, I wonder if it was yours - I think it would have been gate F8, around 11.30am
Old 08-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #210
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light

Took my boy to see MMJ Band of Horses the other night, he was most impressed. He said "mom, tell me when Jim James comes on stage" I told him "you will know" So glad I can see live music with one of the spawns
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #211
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

That's cool. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to stay up. She's always asking to watch clips of certain bands live, and she loves Austin City Limits.
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #212
lukin
I'm talking ace

Desaparecidos at the 400 Bar was incredible last night. Tonight will be quite a contrast, Coldplay in a big arena. I don't like them like I used to but there's still a soft spot there for them and they do put on a great show.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #213
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
got tickets to Outside Lands Fest nighttime shows for Sharon Van Etten and Andrew Bird in a few weeks.
I wound up selling my Andrew Bird tickets Thursday (which surprisingly were going for way under face on the night of the show even though it was a tiny, sold out venue) because something else came up ...

Sharon Van Etten last night was great when she was singing but her banter between songs was really fucking annoying.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #214
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Still need to cinch up scheduling with the family, but as it stands, I don't have any conflicts so far to see Japandroids in December. I really hope I can go.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #215
lukin
I'm talking ace

My next ones are a while away:
November:
- The Black Keys
- Radiohead
- Grizzly Bear
January:
- Weezer (playing the Blue Album in its entirety)
Old 08-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #216
burgerqueen

Was supposed to go to Duran Duran tonight, but they cancelled.

I haven't been to a modern band concert in awhile.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #217
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Heading to Lawrence with Way twice next week. The Lumineers on Monday, and Wanda Jackson (with Daniel Romano opening) on Saturday.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #218
lukin
I'm talking ace

November 3rd - The Black Keys
November 6th - Radiohead
November 20th - Grizzly Bear
December 14th – Morrissey
January 11th – Weezer (playing the blue album in its entirety)
January 15th – Band of Horses
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #219
Janneke

Janneke is a jewel in the roughJanneke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerqueen View Post
One particularly loud old lady, before anybody was on stage, wouldn't shut up about her love for him & kept saying she was going to do something during the show to watch. However, by the time he started she looked completely beat and was resting her head on who I assume is her husband's shoulder. She also informed everyone that in the '70's Rod kissed her. On the mouth. She was pretty proud of herself.
aaah.. that's soo cute!..... and slightly akward for the husband.
Janneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #220
lukin
I'm talking ace

Wilco just announced they are coming back to my neck of the woods next year, so my current line-up is now:

November 3rd - The Black Keys
November 6th - Radiohead
November 20th - Grizzly Bear
December 14th – Morrissey
January 11th – Weezer (playing the blue album in its entirety)
January 15th – Band of Horses
April 5th: Wilco

I kind of have this rule that after I go to a show, I always have to have another one around the corner to look forward to. This keeps the depression of mundane everyday life at bay. But for the last year at least, I've always had way more than one in the bank (like the current situation of seven). I'm good with that, of course.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #221
plath

Upcoming..

- Sleigh Bells
- Kaki King
- Bell X1
- Gemma Hayes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #222
lukin
I'm talking ace

I'M SEEING RADIOHEAD TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #223
lukin
I'm talking ace

Black Keys were really good on Saturday too. And then the next day I was in the record store and realised that they were both standing next to me flicking through records. It was a bit weird when I noticed.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #224
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Justin Townes Earle - November 13 - Baltimore
Jason Isbell - December 9 - Washington DC

Just saw Reckless Kelly this past weekend in Falls Church.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #225
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Cat Power tomorrow night.... if she doesn't cancel her tour first

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links