Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

Old 10-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #201
Dan33185

Dan33185 is a jewel in the roughDan33185 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
I'm not seeing any starring roles or great records from her coming down the pipeline.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Us_(TV_series)
Old 10-14-2018, 12:31 AM   #202
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
You know she's got a starring role on one of the biggest shows on TV right now?
Never seen it or heard of it until now (don't have TV service). I recant sentence #3, but maintain that dredging up all this "I chose the wrong person" crap is just a means to means to stoke publicity for her celebrity brand. Why else go talking to tabloids about your breakup? Why not simply decline to talk about parts of one's personal life to Perez Hilton or whoever?
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #203
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
Why else go talking to tabloids about your breakup? Why not simply decline to talk about parts of one's personal life to Perez Hilton or whoever?
I don't have a stake in this, but this all came out in a legit interview with Glamour - it was about 1 paragraph in a 1000 word article. The TMZs of the world just picked it up and focused on that one part.
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #204
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedLikeFreights View Post
I don't have a stake in this, but this all came out in a legit interview with Glamour - it was about 1 paragraph in a 1000 word article. The TMZs of the world just picked it up and focused on that one part.
for sure, easier to make some headline that will draw people into reading it rather than, "Mandy Moore has a nice cushy life now"
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #205
baptizedpotato

baptizedpotato has a spectacular aura aboutbaptizedpotato has a spectacular aura about

his twitter is deleted/down again... make up your mind kid
baptizedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #206
folkjam

folkjam will become famous soon enough

Amazing how quickly a source close to Mandy sprung to action.
https://people.com/tv/ryan-adams-con...ring-marriage/
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #207
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

wait you mean to tell me that ryan belittled her, was selfish, and made everything about him? YOU DON’T SAY...
Old 10-16-2018, 06:44 AM   #208
coachlee19

coachlee19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptizedpotato View Post
his twitter is deleted/down again... make up your mind kid
He's up and running again.
coachlee19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #209
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachlee19 View Post
He's up and running again.
But his Instagram is now private and says “Nothing Matters”.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:54 AM   #210
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Amazing how quickly a source close to Mandy sprung to action.
https://people.com/tv/ryan-adams-con...ring-marriage/
I swear, the way it’s worded seems like it came straight from Mandy’s mouth. Maybe she told the “source” what to say. Sounds just like the interviews she’s been doing. How everything that happened led her to her current fiancé and she couldn’t be happier, etc. etc.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #211
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
I swear, the way it’s worded seems like it came straight from Mandy’s mouth. Maybe she told the “source” what to say. Sounds just like the interviews she’s been doing. How everything that happened led her to her current fiancé and she couldn’t be happier, etc. etc.
See, I'm not the only one with conspiracy theories about all this. They've been broken up for years now; I don't get why Ryan should show up in these Mandy articles at all at this point.

Ryan, of course, doesn't help matters at all by responding to them. I suppose he gets needless publicity out of this as well. But it bugs me... there was a part of the RA "enfant terrible" and contrarian approach to being a major label artist that was interesting, if not always good. These exchanges are just weak.

Mandy, if you're in such good space, leave Ryan out of your interviews.

Ryan, let a publicist do all your social media from here on out and never use it again (and make some records or release blackhole). I miss his myspace page...
Old 10-18-2018, 09:27 AM   #212
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

If I were Mandy's current beau, I'd wonder why my fiance kept mentioning her ex so much, even if it's low key and doing a comparison. Like move on already. You can dote on your hubby to be without doing this, you know. I agree the interview comments are shitty. And to be honest I empathize with Ryan because I can also be pretty reactive and impulsive like that.
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #213
I dont care
I don't care even less

I dont care is just really niceI dont care is just really nice

Ryan Adams is not a fully formed adult emotionally/mentally speaking. He will probably never be. It's sad, and while it's obvious that his music hasn't and probably will never mature - what's worse is that he has to go through life seemingly confused why no one wants to have long term meaningful relationships with him. I feel bad for the guy.
I dont care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #214
GoodSkanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
If I were Mandy's current beau, I'd wonder why my fiance kept mentioning her ex so much, even if it's low key and doing a comparison. Like move on already. You can dote on your hubby to be without doing this, you know. I agree the interview comments are shitty. And to be honest I empathize with Ryan because I can also be pretty reactive and impulsive like that.
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Why is this publicity needed about their marriage? It's old news at best. It seems RA really flips out over things like this too. It doesn't excuse his schtick, but I think Mandy's press both gives her "poor me" publicity and (directly or indirectly) goads RA's responses.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #215
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

I agree.

It feels like Mandy and her vast PR team are almost egging him on knowing he'll take the bait.

It's just crappy. My brother is going through a pretty intense divorce right now and it's just horrible. I'm the youngest of 3 and older than both of my brothers were when they got married. No rush here...
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #216
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

maybe she’s got a lot of pent up anger/resentment because he was a colossal asshole. just a hunch.

Tags
yikes