i was PROMISED.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #2527
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough
Re: Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigColors View Post
Wait like seriously? Or are you just messing around haha

(sorry im just trying to catch up on all of this)
not at all serious.

but...you never know?
Old 04-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #2528
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Timing is important.....
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:57 AM   #2529
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

I missed this one from Jolie Holland. Strange dude.
https://www.talkhouse.com/how-do-you...e-been-slimed/
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #2530
happyhead

happyhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
I missed this one from Jolie Holland. Strange dude.
https://www.talkhouse.com/how-do-you...e-been-slimed/
Sorry but that one is ridiculous. The two comments on that site pretty much sum it up:

Hard_to_Believe ē a month ago
All of that typing and all we got was "I was in a weird place, took a several hour private car ride with a musician back to his hotel room from a music festival in England, he made vague allusions to playing together again, and I felt weird after deciding to have sex with him but him not fully reciprocating." More like a #WhatNow? then a #MeToo.

fistsofsteel2 ē a month ago
Is that it????!!!
You ever stop to think you might have been making him uncomfortable, and he might have thought you were acting weird?
And how often do musicians meet briefly and say 'hey it would be cool to do some stuff together some time' and it never happens? All the time.
happyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #2531
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

She repeatedly acknowledges that it's not on the level of other stories, but you can still see his pattern.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #2532
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

People find pattens when theyíre looking for them. This story has more in common with the millions of weird one night stands people have all the time than the behaviour highlighted in the NYT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #2533
folkjam

He used career opportunities as an opener, paid her compliments to warm her up, grabbed her breast without consent, and then withdrew. You're absolutely right, that doesn't sound anything like other accusations made against him and I'm merely looking for parallels.

Worth noting that nowhere in the article does she mention that they actually had sex. Just that she was open to it. They might have, we don't know.

Once again, no one is saying that this is on par with other accusations. But even if it were just an awkward consensual one night stand, it isn't a stretch to see that he has a pattern of behavior in trying to court women. And it includes offers to tour/record followed by questionable boundaries and then withdrawal.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #2534
dmorgan1

You just listed the sequence of events in a single sentence without half the story she builds into it. On the surface it sounds typical of his behaviour but you leave out that she was a willing participant, though rather underwhelmed by all of it too.

Is using your personality, status, wealth, looks, talent to woo someone really a crime? God help me if we canít be ourselves to court someone. A pattern of trying to court women is hardly an offence. Half the population engages in that at some point in their life. Sometimes more than once. Oh no.

The grabbing breast without consent is pretty lousy but we also donít know if body language cues were given - she acknowledges she was there for a one night stand.

The recount is being told several years after the event took place - hence the looking for patterns comment. Itís plausible some gaps have been influenced by the other stories and other details were simply left out.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #2535
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

I've gone back and forth on a lot of things regarding this sitch in the last few months.

I think I'm trying to figure out if this situation gives any ex-lover the right to publish an "article" about any interaction they deemed less than acceptable.

I don't think it does, but then again, people can type whatever the fuck they want. Ryan always has... about anyone and everyone, soooo.

I dunno.
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #2536
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Weird dude.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #2537
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorgan1 View Post
This story has more in common with the millions of weird one night stands people have all the time
Maybe thats something that needs to be addressed and changed.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #2538
dmorgan1

Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Maybe thats something that needs to be addressed and changed.

Simple. Donít engage in one night stands.

Seems like some level of shitiness is only going to transpire.

How do we suggest a one night stand take place without this behaviour occurring?

Last edited by dmorgan1; 04-16-2019 at 05:39 PM..
Old 04-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #2539
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

I always liked her Escondida album.
The Black Map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #2540
folkjam

Quote:
You just listed the sequence of events in a single sentence without half the story she builds into it. On the surface it sounds typical of his behaviour but you leave out that she was a willing participant, though rather underwhelmed by all of it too.

Is using your personality, status, wealth, looks, talent to woo someone really a crime? God help me if we canít be ourselves to court someone. A pattern of trying to court women is hardly an offence. Half the population engages in that at some point in their life. Sometimes more than once. Oh no.

The grabbing breast without consent is pretty lousy but we also donít know if body language cues were given - she acknowledges she was there for a one night stand.

The recount is being told several years after the event took place - hence the looking for patterns comment. Itís plausible some gaps have been influenced by the other stories and other details were simply left out.

Literally said that she was open to a one night stand. Keep reaching.

You're now making excuses for him, which is mindblowing since you accused me of bias to begin this. My initial point was that there were parallels to this story and what other women have accused him. There are. That's indisputable if you believe even a fraction of these stories.

Ryan Adams is not the first person to ever sleep with a woman. But somehow, I've managed to court women without dangling opportunities over their head and forcing myself on them. It's a little strange that you think what Ryan has done in these stories is just him "wooing" women.

You're trying to shift blame to the woman for Ryan grabbing her breast. Ridiculous. Apparently, the body language cues were so obvious that he ran into another room afterwards. We also have the story of him grabbing Leah Hayes' head and forcing it towards his crotch and telling her to blow him. At what point can we say, "Ryan doesn't behave appropriately", instead of trying to find some angle that all of these women are exploiting? You tried to find fault with the New York Times article, too. How many more women have to come forward, and under what circumstances, before you just accept that Ryan is a bit of a creep?

You've crossed the point of "there might be more to the story" and now you're just trying to create wiggle room for him.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #2541
dmorgan1

Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

Quote:
Literally said that she was open to a one night stand. Keep reaching.

You're now making excuses for him, which is mindblowing since you accused me of bias to begin this. My initial point was that there were parallels to this story and what other women have accused him. There are. That's indisputable if you believe even a fraction of these stories.

Ryan Adams is not the first person to ever sleep with a woman. But somehow, I've managed to court women without dangling opportunities over their head and forcing myself on them. It's a little strange that you think what Ryan has done in these stories is just him "wooing" women.

You're trying to shift blame to the woman for Ryan grabbing her breast. Ridiculous. Apparently, the body language cues were so obvious that he ran into another room afterwards. We also have the story of him grabbing Leah Hayes' head and forcing it towards his crotch and telling her to blow him. At what point can we say, "Ryan doesn't behave appropriately", instead of trying to find some angle that all of these women are exploiting? You tried to find fault with the New York Times article, too. How many more women have to come forward, and under what circumstances, before you just accept that Ryan is a bit of a creep?

You've crossed the point of "there might be more to the story" and now you're just trying to create wiggle room for him.

Even pieces of shit deserve some wiggle room. Iíve never said Ryan didnít behave inappropriately. Youíre just so fucking hellbent on taking a moral high ground in every comment, you canít see any nuance to othersí opinions.

One night stands are messy but do tell us the rules of engagement for the millions of people who selfishly just want to fuck.

Good work on not dangling opportunities in front of the women youíve pursued. I havenít either. But I can still choose to cut him some slack in the Jolie Holland story.

Last edited by dmorgan1; 04-20-2019 at 03:13 PM..
Old 04-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #2542
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

Personally, I’m just trying to picture someone squeezing a titty and then scurrying to the bathroom.
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:39 PM   #2543
folkjam

Quote:
Even pieces of shit deserve some wiggle room. I’ve never said Ryan didn’t behave appropriately. You’re just so fucking hellbent on taking a moral high ground in every comment, you can’t see any nuance to others’ opinions.

One night stands are messy but do tell us the rules of engagement for the millions of people who selfishly just want to fuck.

Good work on not dangling opportunities in front of the women you’ve pursued. I haven’t either. But I can still choose to cut him some slack in the Jolie Holland story.
Because there isn't nuance in your opinion. What you do is reject what's in front of you in favor of some baseless hypothetical that you create. It's not a moral high ground, it's that your argument sucks. You tried to dismiss the New York Times article because of its formatting.

Fuck all you want. Just don't be a creep. Ryan has been a creep.

You've cut him slack in every story. That's my problem with you and so many others. You try to tear down the stories of all these women, in favor of him, and for what reason other than the fact that you enjoy his music? At some point, the preponderance of evidence swung way out of his favor. I'm not on any moral high ground, I'm just tired of people trying to make excuses for him because they find another aspect of him appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecalling View Post
Personally, I’m just trying to picture someone squeezing a titty and then scurrying to the bathroom.
Why he did it, why he stayed there for 15 minutes. The questions are endless.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #2544
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Simple. Don’t engage in one night stands.

Seems like some level of shitiness is only going to transpire.

How do we suggest a one night stand take place without this behaviour occurring?

We teach men that behaving in that way is bad and we make examples of/ shame the ones that do. Plenty of one nights stands occur where both parties consent to what goes on.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:04 PM   #2545
dmorgan1

Quote:
Because there isn't nuance in your opinion. What you do is reject what's in front of you in favor of some baseless hypothetical that you create. It's not a moral high ground, it's that your argument sucks. You tried to dismiss the New York Times article because of its formatting.

Fuck all you want. Just don't be a creep. Ryan has been a creep.

You've cut him slack in every story. That's my problem with you and so many others. You try to tear down the stories of all these women, in favor of him, and for what reason other than the fact that you enjoy his music? At some point, the preponderance of evidence swung way out of his favor. I'm not on any moral high ground, I'm just tired of people trying to make excuses for him because they find another aspect of him appealing.

Why he did it, why he stayed there for 15 minutes. The questions are endless.

Yet again, you reveal your bullish superior complex and fail to understand the points I and others have made. It really weakens the hard work youíre putting into this debate mate.

Itís possible to believe the basis of NYT story and be able to criticise the manner in which the story was told. As can I believe the stories the women tell but also call out inconsistencies against interviews and statements theyíd previously made.

The interview with Joe Coscarelli only showed his bias claiming R Adams behaviour was equally ďperniciousĒ as R Kelly and only weakened the hard work he put into the article. I guess nuance isnít his strong suit either.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #2546
folkjam

Again, your points are hypothetical and without fact, so I don't know how much weight you think they deserve. Your points this go-around were:
a.) I didn't mention she was willing to have sex, even though I did fully acknowledge that
b.) Ryan should be allowed to hold his status over women because god forbid he can't be himself, which is all sorts of strange and fails to acknowledge the manipulative aspect of what he does
c.) Maybe she gave him the impression he could grab her breast, which is baseless and I don't see why I should believe that just because you suggested it
d.) Maybe her story has been influenced by the stories of others, which you have no proof of.
So, again, there's a lot of speculation on your part without anything to back it up. That's not me failing to understand nuance, it's that you literally created an argument. And continually trying to accuse me of a superiority complex while throwing in condescending shots doesn't mean much to me.
Show me where Coscarelli's personal bias affected the article. Give me proof. You haven't been able to do that with anything.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #2547
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough

Ah...down this miserable rabbit hole again....
BigColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #2548
dmorgan1

Iím exhausted and donít think people want to see this go down the rabbit hole again. Iíve made my case in previous posts. They arenít to your standard or whatever, fine. Agree to disagree.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:20 AM   #2549
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yet again, you reveal your bullish superior complex and fail to understand the points I and others have made. It really weakens the hard work youíre putting into this debate mate.

Itís possible to believe the basis of NYT story and be able to criticise the manner in which the story was told. As can I believe the stories the women tell but also call out inconsistencies against interviews and statements theyíd previously made.

The interview with Joe Coscarelli only showed his bias claiming R Adams behaviour was equally ďperniciousĒ as R Kelly and only weakened the hard work he put into the article. I guess nuance isnít his strong suit either.
#missingthepoint #thesomanyofusthatstandupforwhatiswrongjustcauseiw annasuckryansdick
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #2550
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I’m exhausted and don’t think people want to see this go down the rabbit hole again. I’ve made my case in previous posts. They aren’t to your standard or whatever, fine. Agree to disagree.
then shhhhhhhh.........ush

Last edited by thebalvenie; 04-17-2019 at 03:47 PM..
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links