TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

What are you thinking about right now? Round 2.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #6276
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are you thinking about right now? Round 2.

On a related note, it seems like cult-of-personality politics is firmly on the agenda in both the US and the UK are the moment.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #6277
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
On a related note, it seems like cult-of-personality politics is firmly on the agenda in both the US and the UK are the moment.
It's exhausting.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #6278
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
It's exhausting.
I bet it is. Politics has always been tribal to a large extent, but now it just seems like people are increasingly more loyal to the actual leader than the cause itself. Neither side of the political spectrum seem immune either.
Although they are have almost nothing in common ideologically, acolytes of both Trump and Corbyn are remarkably similar in the way they defend their leader from public criticism.

1. Deny the leader did/said anything wrong at all.

2. Blame the media/elites for making things up.

3. Even if the accusation was true, what about the other side? They do worse stuff.

4. Okay, so it might be true but so what? It's not a big deal. Look at all the cool stuff the Leader is doing.

5. Actually, that thing that you all thought was bad, and we denied ever happened turns out to be actually a good thing. We're glad he did it. This is what it takes to make our country great again!

6. We have always been at war with Eastasia. Checkmate libtards/Tory scum!
Old 08-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #6279
Sydneyfan

Can't wait for Australia to catch up with you guys. There's already signs we are.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #6280
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I just want to stick my head in the sand.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:08 AM   #6281
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
I just want to stick my head in the sand.

And that, unfortunately, is the intended outcome - alienation and disillusionment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #6282
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
How much? I'm not interested but they go for over 1 thousand.
$700 + shipping. I don't think anyone's buying for $1K these days. Anyways, I haven't had regrets so that's good. I actually sold my cheap portable record player and speakers before my move too. Gonna keep my vinyl at my parents' house for now rather than moving it cross-country to SF, and hopefully at some point in the future I'll have enough room to get a new record player and move my vinyl back in with me.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #6283
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
$700 + shipping. I don't think anyone's buying for $1K these days. Anyways, I haven't had regrets so that's good. I actually sold my cheap portable record player and speakers before my move too. Gonna keep my vinyl at my parents' house for now rather than moving it cross-country to SF, and hopefully at some point in the future I'll have enough room to get a new record player and move my vinyl back in with me.
Oh yeah. We just moved and hauling vinyl is a bitch.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #6284
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

Quote:
...moving it cross-country to SF ...
do you think youll miss bk or were you ready to get out of there?
sleigher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #6285
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
do you think youll miss bk or were you ready to get out of there?
I was ready to be out of New York. TBH I never really had a desire to live there, but my best law school scholarship option was there and then I got a 2-year fellowship so it made sense to stay. I've always missed SF (I used to live there) but I've been back with my family in Boston for about 2.5 weeks now and am starting to feel regrets about not moving here instead. I don't like Boston the city but I really like being close to my family. I dunno :-/

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #6286
sleigher

sure hope everything works out okay for bono
Old 09-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #6287
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Elon Musk needs to consult a healthcare professional pronto. Or stop with the "muh boy-sized mini-sub" crying. He's embarrassing himself big time.
smoking herb while talking with joe rogan on his podcast seems to have had an effect on the stock market - who woulda thunk?
Old 09-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #6288
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
smoking herb while talking with joe rogan on his podcast seems to have had an effect on the stock market - who woulda thunk?

I donít really get this - it was in California where it was legal. If he went out for a boozy night on the piss nobody would give a shit. Donít get why folks are so uptight about weed.

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #6289
andyo812

andyo812 has a spectacular aura about

Ronald Reagan

andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #6290
robotulism
not really here

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was ready to be out of New York. TBH I never really had a desire to live there, but my best law school scholarship option was there and then I got a 2-year fellowship so it made sense to stay. I've always missed SF (I used to live there) but I've been back with my family in Boston for about 2.5 weeks now and am starting to feel regrets about not moving here instead. I don't like Boston the city but I really like being close to my family. I dunno :-/
You're coming home?! Yay!
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:51 AM   #6291
roscoe

roscoe has a spectacular aura aboutroscoe has a spectacular aura about

Willie for president...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...nce-fans-upset

http://www.roscoe.bandcamp.com
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #6292
sleigher

veronica mars is never going away
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #6293
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want it to?
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #6294
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I’m thinking about how sleigher ruined a perfect 24 hrs with no posts.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #6295
robotulism
not really here

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Iím thinking about how sleigher ruined a perfect 24 hrs with no posts.
Still so negative. I'm glad some things don't change.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
:wtf everyone, bkk might be psycho, catman, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, gremlins in the bowels, i hate change, moral turpentine, moral turpitude, more free bad counseling, plath has a boner, put down the bottle jack, stfu and blow me, tby staple thread, that's enough plath, the national, thinking, truck nuts, what happened to tby?, wok has better fuckin things to do, woo woo