Re: First Ryan Adams Song Since NYT Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
Maybe they're the same person.
I'm starting to wonder
Old 02-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #52
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
I think it’s perfectly OK to appreciate the art and despise the artist- no??
Totally. Hell, I've always called Ryan a wanker on this board. The guy has been pulling my dick for years. Yet, I still love his music. That will not change.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #53
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
You may be kidding, but I literally saw someone on the RAA Facebook page say she talked to her therapist about this. I guess I've just never let a complete stranger control my life to that extent, but that's just me.
My brother took a week off work and cried for 3 days straight when Trump got elected president. Might be the same thing?
Old 02-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #54
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
My brother took a week off work and cried for 3 days straight when Trump got elected president. Might be the same thing?
I had a co-worker who had to call her high school son out sick for like 3 days after Trump won strictly because Trump won and apparently he was so "upset" about it. I had to hold back a laugh, I just was really amazed.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #55
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
I had a co-worker who had to call her high school son out sick for like 3 days after Trump won strictly because Trump won and apparently he was so "upset" about it. I had to hold back a laugh, I just was really amazed.
I know the feeling.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:13 PM   #56
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantabar View Post
I was so upset about the underage allegations that I spent most of the weekend in bed feeling seriously depressed – but strangely my listening habits haven’t changed a bit. The music is still magical to me. I’m weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hey I get it. Don't know where you are, but the grey skies and rain here don't help.

Last edited by ann ann; 02-20-2019 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: not the time or place right now...
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #57
ViolaGal

ViolaGal is a jewel in the roughViolaGal is a jewel in the rough

Got in my car today and Numbers was the first ipod on random song. I let it play, the bridge is too good. Followed by Neil Young Long May You Run.
ViolaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #58
TimbrH2001

TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough

Rats In The Wall

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #59
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Dear Chicago. It's still brilliant.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:35 PM   #60
KarlPK

KarlPK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
This is what is going to be hardest for me. Ryan's songs are the bulk of what I have taught myself to play on the guitar. I'm trying to take solace in the fact that at least when I sing the words, they will be truer than when he did.
I completely, totally, in every respect hear you.

I've got a bit of a dilemma too. As you may know, not only did I really learn how to play guitar by trying to master RAs songs, I built a whole youtube channel demonstrating how he does it. and the channel was going to continue to focus only on RA songs.

I have tons of subscribers, thousands of hits (I never thought I'd see the level of views I've gotten from my deconstruction of "Oh, My Sweet Carolina"), and some great comments.

But what do I do now? I have a bunch of other songs I would clearly have done, had this not happened. Do I stop? Do I just keep on as if nothing happened?

Not that this issue should revolve around me -- far from it -- but as the most apropos line from RA says, objectively speaking, "there it is."

Last edited by KarlPK; 02-24-2019 at 10:41 PM..
KarlPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #61
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlPK View Post
I completely, totally, in every respect hear you.

I've got a bit of a dilemma too. As you may know, not only did I really learn how to play guitar by trying to master RAs songs, I built a whole youtube channel demonstrating how he does it.

I have tons of subscribers, thousands of hits (I never thought I'd see the level of views I've gotten from my deconstruction of "Oh, My Sweet Carolina"), and some great comments.

But what do I do now? I have a bunch of other songs I would clearly have done, had this not happened. Do I stop? Do I just keep on as if nothing happened?

Not that this issue should revolve around me -- far from it -- but as the most apropos line from RA says, objectively speaking, "there it is."
I would just shift to your next-favorite artist or someone up-and-coming you admire
The Black Map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:51 AM   #62
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Map View Post
I would just shift to your next-favorite artist or someone up-and-coming you admire
Yep. Or ask your subscribers what songs by other artists they'd like to see. Or give a few choices and ask people to vote.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #63
happyhead

happyhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Bumped S/T last night. Visceral listen. Got chills during "Am I Safe?"

"Am I safe if I don't wanna' be with you?"

So much fear and doom there. Plus, as we all know now, the answer was "no". He wasn't safe. She was going to bring him down. He knew it. And there she is on backup vocals. Unbelievable. Same with "Trouble".

"Lines on my face like a map of my sins, all the trouble I'm in"

A slashing, dangerous, truly doomed record, and made all the more haunting by these latest developments.
happyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links