Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Blackhole

Old 06-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #26
jrb_27

Re: Blackhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I agree about the Oblivion thing. Did he say Tomorrowland & Disco Queen were actually on the album? I kind of assumed they were, but never really heard him confirm it.
this is a quote from something ryan said over at the raa:

"I am 100 percent certain no one has heard the Blackhole tracks ( except two, DiscoQueen and Tomorrowland) those are two songs from that record."

really can't wait for this record based on those 2 songs.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #27
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

In that Rolling Stone article from a few years back about his unreleased sessions he said this about Blackhole:

Quote:
I was on a lot of narcotics when I wrote it. It sounds like the Strokes, but if they sucked.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #28
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb_27 View Post
this is a quote from something ryan said over at the raa:

"I am 100 percent certain no one has heard the Blackhole tracks ( except two, DiscoQueen and Tomorrowland) those are two songs from that record."

really can't wait for this record based on those 2 songs.
Nice. Those are killer tracks.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #29
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice. Those are killer tracks.
Best of the DigiDownloads
Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #30
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Best of the DigiDownloads
gave me a hard-on.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #31
suzfoldsfive
Phantom Eyes

suzfoldsfive is just really nicesuzfoldsfive is just really nice

So are Disco Queen and Tomorrowland from 2005? Isn't that when he recorded Blackhole? I thought those 2 songs were more recent than that.

and i'm not gonna break, but if i do
i'm gonna shatter like the glass i turned your heart into
suzfoldsfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #32
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzfoldsfive View Post
So are Disco Queen and Tomorrowland from 2005? Isn't that when he recorded Blackhole? I thought those 2 songs were more recent than that.
I guess they are. I can't wait to see a tracklist for this album.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #33
Rob
Administrator

This site has Blackhole and III/IV released on Oct 4 in the UK

http://www.album-review.co.uk/albums

I can't speak for the reliability of said site.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #34
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I'll wait until it's on www.albumoftheyear.org
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #35
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I'll wait until it's on www.albumoftheyear.org
Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #36
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #37
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This site has Blackhole and III/IV released on Oct 4 in the UK

http://www.album-review.co.uk/albums

I can't speak for the reliability of said site.
RA says no.

Quote:
total bullshit. Blackhole will go to preorder after III/IV.
don't listen to these sites with this shit or the one's that have "tour dates" or made up guarantees- they are full of shit.
The people I work with don't have websites they have telephones and they do business the old fashioned way, over lunch and in great detail.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #38
Rob
Administrator

Does that mean we are going to have to call in to order this?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #39
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent a check in the mail for it. He'll get it in a couple of weeks and hopefully he knows what to do.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #40
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back from the post office and got a money order.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #41
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

I've got you all beat. Pony express is on its way to his house right now!
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #42
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Does anyone know Morse code?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #43
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Funny thread
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #44
JackStark211

I had a dream about this album.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #45
Rob
Administrator

What did it sound like?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #46
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

A glorious rainbow?

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #47
JackStark211

Quote:
What did it sound like?
I woke up before I could spin it. But in the dream Ryan personally gave me a copy. He showed up on my door step to deliver it.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #48
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I woke up before I could spin it. But in the dream Ryan personally gave me a copy. He showed up on my door step to deliver it.
It wasn't a dream, but that darn Mandeee came and swiped it while you were sleeping, so she could blast it and smuggly gloat at us via Twitter.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #49
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Fuck III/IV. This is the one I want.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #50
Rob
Administrator

It will be perfect for the Fall. Save III/IV for next spring.