TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What Are You Reading Now?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #1876
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What Are You Reading Now?

House of Leaves....which i am certain I will be saying this time next year
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #1877
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...by-experiments
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #1878
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #1879
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie7 View Post
I loved that!

Cold Days by Jim Butcher currently.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #1880
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie7 View Post
[quote=GoodSkanky;745175]I loved that!QUOTE]

I liked the concept in that book. I wasn't into the Johnny sections. It still freaks me out to think about it, and it has been years. It sticks with you.

I'm reading:
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #1881
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

The book on which Almodovar's The Skin I Live In was based. Weirdly engrossing so far.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #1882
roscoe

roscoe is just really niceroscoe is just really nice

Just finished Andrew Graham-Dixon's biography of Caravaggio. Fantastic in-depth study of the wild genius of Baroque painting. He's also done some great TV shows on Italian & Dutch art. Easy to find on youtube.

http://www.roscoe.bandcamp.com
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #1883
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

I think I'll put that on my list. I haven't read an art bio in a while, and there's something about Caravaggio that really pulls me in.

Last edited by Corporal Brown; 04-17-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #1884
roscoe

roscoe is just really niceroscoe is just really nice

Yeah, he was a very complex & contradictory character. Extremely volatile too... Think I'm going to pick up Simon Schama's Rembrandt bio next, heard good things about it.

http://www.roscoe.bandcamp.com
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #1885
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Black Wind by F. Paul Wilson

Old 05-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #1886
Corporal Brown

I just heard Chris Ware speak. He is a graphic novelist, and I can't recommend his work highly enough. He was really interesting and incredibly gracious. It's so nice when you see someone you admire in person and he/she isn't a jerk. Check out his work. It is fantastically layered and just wonderful.

http://www.amazon.com/Chris-Ware/e/B001JOJLJ2
Old 05-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #1887
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

The story on Insane Clown Posse had me ugly cackling.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #1888
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

I'm finally reading the "Losering: A Story of Whiskeytown" RA book. Roxy gave it to me for my birthday last summer but I never got around to reading it.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #1889
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
I'm finally reading the "Losering: A Story of Whiskeytown" RA book. Roxy gave it to me for my birthday last summer but I never got around to reading it.

Fun read, though I think he does Ryan's solo career a great disservice and his discography is frankly embarrassing.

Just finished Jack Grisham's memoir: An American Demon.

An entertaining read, though the man (TSOL's singer) was one sick fuck.

Getting back to Malcolm X's autobiography... strangely the two books read pretty similarly except that Malcolm didn't have sex with an old woman with dementia in a mausoleum, nor did he beat up a mentally retarded kid for lunch money. Other than that... they're sort of on the same page. Plenty of drugs, sex, and burglary.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #1890
Corporal Brown

I just started

Strangely enough, it fits really well with Trouble Will Find Me. So, all my listening/reading is working together.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #1891
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Read quick biographies of Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush on the beach last week, in addition to this one. The author was embedded with Tony LaRussa and the 2003 Cardinals for a season, and he detailed a 3 game series against the Cubs. I'm not the biggest Tony/Cardinals fan, but it was more about baseball in general, which I'm a huge fan of.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #1892
GoodSkanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Brown View Post
I just started

Strangely enough, it fits really well with Trouble Will Find Me. So, all my listening/reading is working together.
I enjoyed this!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #1893
gweeps
=

gweeps is a jewel in the roughgweeps is a jewel in the rough

Recently listened to these audiobooks:

And now I'm physically reading this one:

Old 06-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #1894
GoodSkanky

Murakami's Dance Dance Dance
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #1895
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

I started reading this last night. I'm only a few chapters in, and I really like it. He was such a good writer.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #1896
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
What Are You Reading Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Recently listened to these audiobooks:

And now I'm physically reading this one:

How is the King book?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #1897
highlife

highlife will become famous soon enough

Oddly enough, for the first time

highlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #1898
gweeps
=

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I started reading this last night. I'm only a few chapters in, and I really like it. He was such a good writer.

I began this book last December around the time he ended up in the hospital for a fractured hip which turned out to be cancer. I finished it a couple weeks after he died. Great book. He lived an extraordinary life.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #1899
gweeps
=

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
How is the King book?
Yup. A mystery he wrote and published last week through Hard Case Crime.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #1900
gweeps
=

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife View Post
Oddly enough, for the first time

I don't believe I've ever finished this one. I loved what I read though. Achingly poetic.
Sponsored Links