TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

UK Tour?

Old 02-24-2019, 01:37 AM   #1
mazdaq100

mazdaq100 is an unknown quantity at this point
UK Tour?

Do people think the UK tour will actually go ahead? I'd assumed it would be cancelled in light of the allegations but I've heard nothing.
mazdaq100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #2
delvis

delvis is on a distinguished road
Re: UK Tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaq100 View Post
Do people think the UK tour will actually go ahead? I'd assumed it would be cancelled in light of the allegations but I've heard nothing.
I would say it hinges on the results of the fbi investigation. If he’s cleared, I say he tours, solo. If he’s charged, I’d say the tour is cancelled. I think they are banking on the results coming back in a timely fashion and most likely that they will favour him. They’ll probably take the tour decision right down to the wire. Who knows who will go see him even if he is cleared by the fbi.

I would also think that if he’s cleared, he’ll re set the release of Big Colors. Not with the same label, but somebody else will want to be involved or it will come out independently.

I think he needs to get help, so I hope he does what’s best for his own personal wellbeing. I also hope he makes appropriate apologies and takes measures to acknowledge and correct his shitty behaviour and moves forward considering the wellbeing of anyone who gets involved with him.

I think he’d be a fool to go on tour. That’s my take.
delvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:10 AM   #3
loveisreal

loveisreal can only hope to improve

Someone else said that it might be an insurance issue. So it will not be that easy for him to cancel the tour just because of bad press because most likely that case is not insured. So it might be a huge financial impact for him. to cancel the tour. So maybe he will wait what time will bring. And also he might cancel it shorthand and states he is sick. But no way you can cancel now and say you will be sick in april.

And maybe he just doesn't give a f*** and will play like others did before.
loveisreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:32 AM   #4
mazdaq100

mazdaq100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tend to agree Delvis. Regardless of the result of the FBI investigation, there's no smoke without fire, and I'm therefore not keen to go see him. I have tickets for 3 shows though but doubt I will be able to get a refund unless it's cancelled or he is charged by the FBI.
mazdaq100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #5
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...asgow-14042150
BigColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
loveisreal

Yeah was reading it on reddit before. There was a funny comment below:

Who are these fucking "campaigners"?
Quote:
“Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but public organisations need to hold themselves to a higher *standard and should not be seen to be condoning such behaviour.”
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, except for people we want to go after.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #7
The Lizard King

The Lizard King is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisreal View Post

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, except for people we want to go after.
If the tour does go ahead it will be a car crash. The opening show in Dublin could be half empty. He will likely face hecklers and outright hostility at some venues.
The Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
Alan57

Alan57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
If the tour does go ahead it will be a car crash. The opening show in Dublin could be half empty. He will likely face hecklers and outright hostility at some venues.
This 100%.Regardless of outcome of FBI investigation this would be a terrible mistake and a bad thing for Ryanís mental health.
He needs to go away and do that 5 year plan someone outlined on one of the locked threads.
Alan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:27 PM   #9
KarlPK

KarlPK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisreal View Post

We should call this the "Bret Kavanaugh rule."
KarlPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #10
holdon

holdon will become famous soon enough

If the tour is on.. Im really considering taking a redeye from NY to London.. hanging out in town til the show.. and flying back early the next morning.

I can write so much. But Basically I've decided I see a RA show for myself, not for him.
holdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #11
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdon View Post
If the tour is on.. Im really considering taking a redeye from NY to London.. hanging out in town til the show.. and flying back early the next morning.

I can write so much. But Basically I've decided I see a RA show for myself, not for him.
I've been looking at flights myself. But I just remembered my passport expired lol
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #12
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

I would deeply like to attend this show, more out of morbid curiosity than anything.

I don't understand how he (or anyone around him) expects that he'll be able to hold it together under these conditions. Summer of '69 heckles emotionally derailed this person for like three years. How much worse is this going to be? 10,000x? 1,000,000?
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #13
millaa

millaa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofabitchVanOwen View Post
I would deeply like to attend this show, more out of morbid curiosity than anything.

I don't understand how he (or anyone around him) expects that he'll be able to hold it together under these conditions. Summer of '69 heckles emotionally derailed this person for like three years. How much worse is this going to be? 10,000x? 1,000,000?
Well, if it does go ahead there could be cheap tickets outside venues...
millaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:19 AM   #14
carocat

carocat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by millaa View Post
Well, if it does go ahead there could be cheap tickets outside venues...

I could use a cheap ticket

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
carocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #15
beautifulloser

beautifulloser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by carocat View Post
I could use a cheap ticket

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I've got 2 for Birmingham that won't be used. Hoping for a cancellation and a refund, but if anyone wants them.....
beautifulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #16
baptizedpotato

baptizedpotato is a jewel in the roughbaptizedpotato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

he'll probably plow through some standard setlist? those summer of 69 incidents were mostly due to his arrogance and tendency to make a deal out of everything anybody yelled. it's not like he bursted out crying or something. I can see him do a 10 or 12 song setlist without any talking or interruptions. same as the last euro tour basically
a solo acoustic tour is another story though
baptizedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #17
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Ryan Adams’ UK tour still scheduled to go ahead as ticketholders struggle for refunds

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ryan-...efunds-2454206
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #18
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
Ryan Adamsí UK tour still scheduled to go ahead as ticketholders struggle for refunds

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ryan-...efunds-2454206
Boy, is this going to be a shitshow.
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:08 AM   #19
loveisreal

Hmm nothing new in the article. They just grabbed the infos from twitter and wrote them down again.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:31 AM   #20
millaa

millaa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Boy, is this going to be a shitshow.
NME definitely trying to stir things up.
millaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:00 AM   #21
sniffer17

sniffer17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Iím going to the Birmingham show, my friend up there hasnít even texted me about the story let alone suggested we donít go. For the RAH show my GF has seen the headlines but doesnít mind going. The sad thing is he might not have a band to play with.
sniffer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:59 AM   #22
speedofive

speedofive is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting thing is....if its solo (which seems to be what people are saying it would be if it goes ahead) then likely to be accoustic??....which is a fundamental change to what people booked? Also, will he have support?....again, if not a fundamental change. Which kind of undermines the position of "no refunds" that the promotor/venue is currently holding. Surely if it moves to accoustic and there isnt a support act (cant remember if its billed as "plus special guest(s)") people are within right to ask for refund.......

...point being, maybe the delay in any announcement is down to negotiation with replacement band/acts?
speedofive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:04 AM   #23
OhMySweetCumbria

OhMySweetCumbria is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofive View Post
Interesting thing is....if its solo (which seems to be what people are saying it would be if it goes ahead) then likely to be accoustic??....which is a fundamental change to what people booked? Also, will he have support?....again, if not a fundamental change. Which kind of undermines the position of "no refunds" that the promotor/venue is currently holding. Surely if it moves to accoustic and there isnt a support act (cant remember if its billed as "plus special guest(s)") people are within right to ask for refund.......

...point being, maybe the delay in any announcement is down to negotiation with replacement band/acts?
Pretty sure there was no support act billed as the shows were supposed to be much longer. As for the band (or lack thereof), I don't believe it'll make much of a difference as I don't remember any band being explicitly advertised with the tour.
OhMySweetCumbria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #24
Pooydatigru

Pooydatigru is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 4 tickets (London, Newcastle, Glasgow, Cambridge) including 1 RPLE. And I'll go there anyway - even if it be a capella shows without lights and plug.
Pooydatigru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:01 PM   #25
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

i cant imagine what these shows are going to be like if they go on. Do you imagine there will be no engagement with the crowd. Just head down and playing songs?
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links