TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams has skyline fever

Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #26
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ryan Adams has skyline fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I hope he wasn't planning on wearing the blue heels.

And that jacket looks ridiculous.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #27
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I think the girl sitting next to him is Mandy.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #28
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

She looks like Lindsay Lohan to me!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #29
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

I call this 'nerdy prom chic'.

I actually think he looks incredibly hot here, kind of like Jim from The Office. Wish I was working next to that.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #30
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like he stole that white jacket from Graboff.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #31
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #32
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

The article that goes with those pictures(thanks, Rob! ) :

Quote:
He writes, he sorts mail, he organizes the fashion closet, he gets coffee. Meet Ryan Adams, BlackBook's new most popular intern ever. The alt-country rocker spent an afternoon learning the publishing ropes in our Manhattan office just days before the release of his new album, Cardinology. “As somebody who has been a victim of fashion and guilty of fashion crimes,” says Adams, while coming up with headlines for this issue, “I know that a lot of people are going to ignore the headline and look straight to the story.” See a gallery of his time in the trenches, and check out our intern's very first CD review after the jump.

We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year (Armoury Records)

Not being a fan of Xmas records in general (the staple Sinatra one withstanding—admit it, you own it too, or you should) and being basically a person with a heart made of heavy metal, I have to say overall this record is maybe most probably horrible. Just terrible. In the worst way. Like fancy shoes with tube socks, it boasts a rather incredible roster of Metal Giants and some probably best-forgotten also-rans. On a positive note, Vinny Appice makes an appearance on drums more than once, Dave Grohl and Lemmy and Billy Gibbons rock out in a beautifully nasty way on “Run Rudolph Run,” the Chuck Berry classic. The record may be worth track four, “God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen,” boasting half the second most famous line-up of Black Sabbath (We know them now as “Heaven and Hell”). In fact, Mrs. Dio is Executive Producer of this so I am going to a lame version of hell for the slagging, but, do yourself a holiday favor and enjoy the absurdity of your parents’ lame-ass records and sneak out back for a smoke. The eggnog here is just rotten and please, if you decide to go this one alone anyway, beware the Tommy Shaw slaughter of “Happy Xmas (War is Over).” I hate myself more than ever now in a special heavy metal way after that one and you know, buy a Jesu (brutal-noisy-progressive metal pioneers) record instead this season. It’ll scare Ma like Alice Cooper scares golf courses. Also beware, this product is non-kosher (no Hanukkah songs here…wtf?)////blah. RA—intern.

As a bonus: Ryan’s headline writing test for our forthcoming “Home for the Holidays” fashion story. Favorite: “All dressed up, Spiced Up and Nowhere to Go But Home.” His other suggestions:
1. What the hell did Uncle Bob put in the egg-nog
2. Holiday Chic to wrap yourself
3. Shit we can no longer afford
4. Christmas pier, long walk
5. Put a Bow on This Season’s Holiday Wrap

Be sure to check back Friday for Ryan Adams’ next move at BlackBook.

Photos: Mary Ellen Matthews

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/...ew-intern/5244
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blackbook, intern, photos, starbucks